Snappy Roads Blueprint Tool: Announce and Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    There's example mesh in the Meshes/1Lane/SM_1Lane_Transition001_1x2_Road001 which is used for road widening. It should be used as intersection mesh. It widens 1 lane road to 2 lane road. The 2nd lane could be used for parking. But you'll probably need to create custom meshes for your project.

Roundabout example is included in the Showcase map.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by GlimpseOfDawn View Post
    To enable collision you have to set Road Actors' Spline->CollisionPreset text field to "BlockAll".
    I will add center curb mesh in the next update.

Center curb would be great

Anyway, there is some challenge to use Snappy Road on a curved landscape.
    Also I dont know what to do with the sidewalk when i want the road to be wide and small (parking and no parking) .

The sidewalk should be 1 wide size all the way down.
    Not sure If I can use snappy for my project.

Edit: also connecting the snappyRoad to a Roundabout is impossible

Leave a comment:

• replied
    To enable collision you have to set Road Actors' Spline->CollisionPreset text field to "BlockAll".
    I will add center curb mesh in the next update.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    here is an example of a center Curb I try to make.
    I use 1 side curb for the left side, then I use another side curb for the right side.

I can manage to make it.
    But there is 2 problems.
    1- I got the overlapping in the middle not perfect, you can see the split.
    2- I got nothing for the ends (they are open and not pretty) need to add some flower or grass there maybe.

It would be AWESOME, if you could make the side curbs as 2 sided

thank you

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• replied
    is it possible to add collision ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    arybashov I may include old meshes in the next update if needed. But they won't support new textures and materials.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    GlimpseOfDawn where can i get old style sections like this?

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dimmies If the road doesn't snap at all check that collision is working fine, check if collision mesh matches geometry(Alt+C). Perfomance->UpdateMeshCollision must be enabled. Check that the spline point and a socket are within snap radius.
    If road snaps but doesn't align then right click on the spline point and choose: Reset To Automatic Tangent -> Unclamped/Clamped Tangent.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    liteglow I understand you now. You need to create a tileable road separator mesh without round ends. And you also need a round cap mesh. Then you will be able to make this long separator with caps using additional road blueprint. You can make them yourself out of existing ones or use pre-made roads under Meshes/4Lane_Separated/ folder. I plan to improve the blueprint to make working with caps easier in the future.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    GlimpseOfDawn Trying to get the off ramps to work properly, but they don't snap to the road. Any way to add a snap point?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ca271ac7cb1fc52e8e155c2117a2fbce.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	1615551

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by GlimpseOfDawn View Post
    liteglow Sorry, I don't quite understand your question. Maybe screenshot will help.
    I will provide as soon I am at my computer.
    But the curbs (the concrete/grass in the middle of some roads or parking space) you got 1 in the pack that is oval shape.

When I stretch it 4 meters it's oval, but if I stretch it 10 meters it split up in 2 ovals, and if I stretch it to 15 meters it split to 3 ovals.. I want 1 long.

I think if you design one that don't have the round ending, it could last forever like the sidewalk.

I can also use a sidewalk as a center in the road, but the sidewalk only have 1 side closed and the other open.

I uploaded a picture that show exactly my problem.
    The middle section is what I need but I want it to be much longer.
    ​​​​ I don't want it to be 2, like in the picture also

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you GlimpseOfDawn worked like a charm,to me the tool is complete,is very incredible,and the new performance box is very good,thanks for your hard work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    liteglow Sorry, I don't quite understand your question. Maybe screenshot will help.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    arybashov Sorry, there's no documentation available yet. Only "Getting Started" tutorial. To modify sections you can use "Section Replace" or one of the distribution modes:
    • Single - supports section replace and other features. It uses first item in the SplineMeshes Array.
    • Random - as its name suggests places sections randomly from SplineMeshes Array.
    • Sequential - places sections in the same order they are found in SplineMeshes Array, then repeats.
    • FirstAndLast - uses first item for the road and second item for the caps. If third item is specified then it is used as a second cap.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Shepard_Fox Thanks for reporting it. There appear to be some issues with draw distance in ue4.20-4.21. You can fix it if you go to the road blueprint, then open AddRoadSegments function and find AddSplineMeshComonent node not far from entry point. Select it and go to Details->Rendering->ShowAdvanced->LOD->DesiredMaxDrawDistance. Set it to "1" and then back to "0". Re-compile the blueprint.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X