No announcement yet.

Snappy Roads Blueprint Tool: Announce and Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, this tool is going to be updated, when needed, to the latest engine versions. I'm working on update now, and some more features are going to be added in the future.

As for your second question, you can see what you will get in the pictures and videos. Plus you can always use your own road meshes and materials, this tool has many features which will aid you in the process of building road network.

Best regards,
    GlimpseOfDawn

Comment

Hi excellent tool so far, making my life so much easier in creating the kind of roads ive been dreaming about making in UE4 using splines.cant wait for the updates!
      Having said that Im having some issues:
      1) Cant seem to get the "Section replace" to work as I want, i followed your demo tutorial and go this: im sure im doing something wrong
      Click image for larger version  Name:	screenshot01.jpg Views:	5 Size:	280.8 KB ID:	1485728 I should mention that my spline mesh has a Y scale of 4.
      2) Can I not add any mesh to "End static mesh"? is the "SM_SR_Intersections" the only options available to add Children at end mesh?

Thanks in advance.
      Adam
      Last edited by AdamF; 06-06-2018, 02:40 PM.
      Portfolio Webpage
      http://fcsupreme.wix.com/gamedesign

LinkedIn: uk.linkedin.com/pub/adam-facey/77/a01/61/

Comment

Hi, thank you!

1) Both "Section Replace" And "Y scale" are working as they should. You have a very narrow road and wide support columns both scaled along the y axis. What result are you trying to achieve here? If you want to have a separate Y scale for replaced section then I could add this in the next feature update. Or if you want to place a support column under road then use "Mesh Extra".
        2)To split a long road you can make an "intersection" out of any road segment, just add a socket to where you want children to be placed.

Best regards,
        GlimpseOfDawn
        Last edited by GlimpseOfDawn; 06-06-2018, 09:49 PM.

Comment

HI GlimpseOfDawn, thanks for the advice, for some reason now (1) works so must of been something I did wrong.
          Regarding (2) Thats fine I get that part, but what I meant was am I not able to replace the road with a mesh of my choice after "Add children at mesh End"? so I can use that as a spline to continue the road.

So instead of getting this: Click image for larger version  Name:	screenshot01.jpg Views:	1 Size:	200.1 KB ID:	1486257
          I get this to continue the road : Click image for larger version  Name:	screenshot02.jpg Views:	1 Size:	50.9 KB ID:	1486258

Hope that makes sense,

I more thing,I apologies if this was asked previously, Is there no way to increase the size of the Mesh after adding "End Mesh Extra" So If I wanted an enlarged "SM_SR_RoadGuardRail001" Mesh.

Thanks Again,
          Adam
          Portfolio Webpage
          http://fcsupreme.wix.com/gamedesign

LinkedIn: uk.linkedin.com/pub/adam-facey/77/a01/61/

Comment

You are welcome, (1) Sometimes artifacts may be caused by very long or zero length tangents on small spline sections. (2) Make sure Road's Spline->Distribution method is NOT set to Single(Legacy), otherwise Section Replace will not work. It is not clear to me from the screenshots what are you doing and what does not work for you. I've tested it and Section Replace works just fine.
            (3) "End Mesh Extra" inherits scale from "End Mesh -> YScale" if "End Mesh YScale Override" checkbox is set or from "Spline -> Yscale" otherwise. You cannot enlarge it separately. You can duplicate mesh in Content Browser and set it's import scale to needed value.

Comment

Just Need You To Put collision in the road blue print

Comment

Next update will come with collision enabled by default.

Comment

hello ,when i make big roads and then i try to move the points my cpu going 100% and unreal is freezing ,im using 4.18.3
                  Do u have any solution for this ?

Comment

If i have a really long road, and i have another road coming from the side that i wanna connect to the middle of the long road, via intersection, how can i do this?
                    Basically, i wanna add an intersection in the middle of a very long road. I tried using "Section Replace" to add the intersection, but the "Snap" feature wasn't working. Only works with the "End Mesh"

So how can i split the road, and add an Intersection?

ALSO, it would be cool to add blueprint actors to the sides of the road, along the spline.

Comment

Hello billy13gain, to improve performance, while editing a long spline, try to disable extra spline and extra mesh features, also temporarily set Spline -> "XScale" property to a larger value (10 -15 or more).

Comment

gotgrassct You will need to split long road in two, please watch this video for a quick howto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZO8YRAlzcA. You may also need to add additional points at both sides of a split area(like seen in the video) to preserve road shape.

Comment

Originally posted by GlimpseOfDawn View Post
                          gotgrassct You will need to split long road in two, please watch this video for a quick howto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZO8YRAlzcA. You may also need to add additional points at both sides of a split area(like seen in the video) to preserve road shape.
                          It looks like those features aren't available yet.

Comment

i don't have those options like the one's in the video.

Comment

Make sure you have updated to the latest version. You will need to use "Align To Road" and then "Split".

Comment

Hi great product,

Couple of requests for consideration.
                                Could enable collision for the spline meshes be made a public variable ?
                                My own experience of working with large splines is that turning collision off make manipulation much easier (then turn back on)

would it be possible to enable roll at spline points to give banked track ?

Also second the call to be able to add actors along the spline

Regards

Paul G
                                Last edited by Sly401; 06-20-2018, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X