No announcement yet.

Snappy Roads Blueprint Tool: Announce and Support Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, I don't know what i am doing wrong but I follow your instruction tutorial, but my 3rd person character falls through any elevated roads. I have no collision with any road I build. I even created a new project from scratch, built a road and place the 3rd person on it and they just fall to the ground. Same thing happens also with your showcase map you included also where you show the elevated roads, still no collision. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Comment

Hello Jkthrp, File update has been processed, the fix is live.

jjacks888 Hello, this is because Road Actor's Spline->CollisionPreset property is set to "OverlapAll" by default. Set it to "BlockAll" to enable collision. You may also want to set "Use Complex Collision As Simple" in Static Mesh Editor for road and intersection meshes.

Comment

Thank you for the update GlimpseOfDawn That bug is fixed, GREAT! Now I want the terrain height to match with the sidewalk, when it's plane works fine, but not with an uneven road.
        Maybe there's a value I can modify or something...

Comment

You are welcome Jkthrp! You need to run "Align To Surface" function with '-23' offset to level pavements with the landscape. And then run "Apply Landscape Spline" again with smaller values (e.g. 250, 50) to carve the roads.

Comment

Good news everyone! Big feature update is finally live on the Marketplace! Here is new video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL5JC1uSvog

Comment

New features that is always ok but doubling the price with no previous warning about that is far from good. So those that bought it before are getting new features for free at the cheaper price and whoever wanted to buy it didn't know that with new features the price would have been doubled.....

Comment

I appreciate that this caused you inconvenience and will consider your advice in the future.

Comment

Hi,
                  I just saw your new trailer for your plugin and I got some questions:

1. How do the vehicle blueprints work? Are they spline based separate from the roads or are the roads part of the vehicle blueprint as well? Do the vehicles have to follow the roads?
                  2. Can I adjust how many vehicles I want in a particular area?
                  3. Can they steer in whichever direction I want them to?
                  Last edited by MrStreakman; 05-21-2018, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Hi,
                    1. Vehicle system includes two separate blueprints: a traffic spawner and vehicle, they follow the same splines as the roads. Vehicles always follow a spline.
                    2. Yes, by adding another traffic spawner with different parameters.
                    3. They follow specified array of road splines.

Please note the system is rather basic right now and lacks many features such as collision detection.

Comment

Added new features overview / quick tutorial video: https://youtu.be/-Koi6tFwJ7M

Comment

Working...
                      X