No announcement yet.

Snappy Roads Blueprint Tool: Announce and Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can this pack generate a shortest navigation path from position A to position B?or Can I get the spline data from the road map generated by this pack

Comment

Ho do we add a "children at end/start mesh" with a custom mesh ? Nothing happen. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by GAD83 View Post
        Ho do we add a "children at end/start mesh" with a custom mesh ? Nothing happen. Thanks.
        you have to add sockets to the mesh. Check the default messages for reference. I named mine the same. Also placement is important. You have to make sure your mesh runs along the x axis.
        -TorQueMoD
        www.torquemod.com

Comment

Hello! There are no shadows from the road and some objectsClick image for larger version

Name:	road.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	714.8 KB
ID:	1797307

Comment

Hey, I'm trying to match that terrain to my street, like in the video on youtube. But every time I press "apply Spline to Landscape" the editor crashes. Click image for larger version

Name:	Unbenannt.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	531.5 KB
ID:	1798321Click image for larger version

Name:	error.PNG
Views:	128
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	1798320

Comment

Originally posted by Eminenzz View Post
              Hey, I'm trying to match that terrain to my street, like in the video on youtube. But every time I press "apply Spline to Landscape" the editor crashes.
              Hey, make sure you have your landscape selected in the Landscape->Landscape field. The editor should not crash in any case.

Edit:There appears to be a bug with the Unreal Engine v.4.24+.
              See here: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...5963/view.html

So non-destructive landscape layers are not supported at the moment.

Originally posted by nikoare View Post
              Hello! There are no shadows from the road and some objects
              Hello! There's checkbox under Spline->CastShadow. Let me know if you still haven't fixed the issue.
              Last edited by GlimpseOfDawn; 08-20-2020, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Hi! I can't understand it. How to make a spline that can use Ctrl + Left-click to add points spline for any surfaces ? Do you have any ideas? Use HitProxy for this or no?

Comment

Hi! This tool is 100% blueprints. I don't think that HitProxy is supported with blueprints.

The next best option is to Alt-Drag a Transform gizmo on any spline point. You can create spline above the ground and then use Landscape->AlignToSurface to drop/project spline points to geometry below.

Comment

I have a bug with the cars. I have a large network of connected roads but when cars drive, there are many which do not drive on the roads but are completely off. Is there a way to fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by GAD83 View Post
                      I have a bug with the cars. I have a large network of connected roads but when cars drive, there are many which do not drive on the roads but are completely off. Is there a way to fix this?
                      I've seen this. At intersections specifically. If your spline is not continuous, the cars will make a beeline back to the start of the spline.

Maybe this is your issue? Maybe something else?

Whatever the case, the best solution is place your own spline and set your own AI vehicles to follow it. Tuts on YT.

Comment

@nikoare there is a checkbox in the Details panel to cast shadow.

Comment

@ALM678mb
                          To add a spline point, RMB on the Snappy Road spline. The Spline Point pop-up dialog box gives you the option to Add Spline Point Here.

There are two pop-up dialog boxes (Asset, Spline Point). Make sure you get the Spline Point dialog. Targeting it can be tricky.

Comment

Hi, right now I'm having problems using navmesh with the roads, no matter what settings, the navmesh always get cut in the road curbs, is there any way to fix this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	navmehs.PNG
Views:	48
Size:	422.1 KB
ID:	1807491

Comment

@Doctor_kannon :Well, if i'm using my own spline and my own AI vehicles what's the point of snappy road then ? I'm not a dev, I don't have the knowledge to do it... What you mean by continuous ? Thanks

Comment

GAD83 At the moment all splines in a "Follow Path" array should have the same(continuous) direction (e.g., last point of a first spline should be close to the first point of a second spline etc). The first spline point is usually the closest to the Actor's origin.

Hunter_xx Hi, try setting Project Settings->Engine->Navigation Mesh->Generation->Agent Max Step Height property to 15 or higher.

Comment

Working...
                                X