No announcement yet.

Snappy Roads Blueprint Tool: Announce and Support Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimmies If the road doesn't snap at all check that collision is working fine, check if collision mesh matches geometry(Alt+C). Perfomance->UpdateMeshCollision must be enabled. Check that the spline point and a socket are within snap radius.
    If road snaps but doesn't align then right click on the spline point and choose: Reset To Automatic Tangent -> Unclamped/Clamped Tangent.

Comment

GlimpseOfDawn where can i get old style sections like this?

Attached Files

Comment

arybashov I may include old meshes in the next update if needed. But they won't support new textures and materials.

Comment

is it possible to add collision ?

Comment

here is an example of a center Curb I try to make.
            I use 1 side curb for the left side, then I use another side curb for the right side.

I can manage to make it.
            But there is 2 problems.
            1- I got the overlapping in the middle not perfect, you can see the split.
            2- I got nothing for the ends (they are open and not pretty) need to add some flower or grass there maybe.

It would be AWESOME, if you could make the side curbs as 2 sided

thank you

Cheers

Comment

To enable collision you have to set Road Actors' Spline->CollisionPreset text field to "BlockAll".
              I will add center curb mesh in the next update.

Comment

Originally posted by GlimpseOfDawn View Post
                To enable collision you have to set Road Actors' Spline->CollisionPreset text field to "BlockAll".
                I will add center curb mesh in the next update.

Center curb would be great

Anyway, there is some challenge to use Snappy Road on a curved landscape.
                Also I dont know what to do with the sidewalk when i want the road to be wide and small (parking and no parking) .

The sidewalk should be 1 wide size all the way down.
                Not sure If I can use snappy for my project.

Edit: also connecting the snappyRoad to a Roundabout is impossible

Comment

There's example mesh in the Meshes/1Lane/SM_1Lane_Transition001_1x2_Road001 which is used for road widening. It should be used as intersection mesh. It widens 1 lane road to 2 lane road. The 2nd lane could be used for parking. But you'll probably need to create custom meshes for your project.

Roundabout example is included in the Showcase map.

Comment

Just wanna check, is there a way im missing to enable collision with traffic system? my attempts to implement that and lane changes arent going well!

Comment

jonukrah The traffic system has no collision or lane changing implemented yet.

Comment

thanks for the update, im getting there with my attempts, crude as they are lol!!

Comment

hi there i cant change sm_1lane road mesh to 2lane

Comment

Does anyone know why I am getting these odd connections?

Comment

Whats the difference between spline extra and mesh extra?

Comment

I've discovered a bug with adding extra spline meshes/replacement array meshes and snap, if for example you add an intersection, there are no points to snap other SnappyRoad actors to so it fails at this branch in the SnapPoint function:
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	sr_error2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	77.3 KB ID:	1630344

Edit: Okay I found the solution to the below problem with splitting roads is simply to check the Update Needed! checkbox to get the meshes to fix themselves after doing the split.
                                1. Add an end mesh to the road and move it to overlap the road I want it to connect to.
                                2. Check the align to road checkbox to adjust its' position.
                                3. Check it did align correctly.
                                4. If it did then click the split button.
                                The results:
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	sr_error.jpg Views:	1 Size:	212.9 KB ID:	1630258

Thanks.
                                Last edited by Daniel Skipper Games; 06-13-2019, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X