Snappy Roads Blueprint Tool: Announce and Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hello! Is it possible to change size between elements on spline or extraspline? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey ASLNKW, thanks!

Probably around the end of August.

Best Regards

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @GlimpseOfDawn
    Hey man, thanks for that great tool! I'm working on a project of a really huge development, and SR is super mega hyper handly tool for it. The only problem is that I have to model custom crossroads because all the roads are radial and there are no regular X or T shaped crossroads on the whole lot.
    So my question is - when are you going to release the update with intersection tool? I just need to know the date to decide if I have to model all of 100500 crossroads, or to wait a couple of days for the update.

Many thanks once again wor your great work. Rock on!
    Last edited by ASLNKW; 07-17-2018, 05:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by GlimpseOfDawn View Post
    You will also need to set "Use Complex Collision As Simple" in Static Mesh Editor(for each mesh) or in Project Settings(for the whole project).
    That's what I thought, thank you.

I've been putting box primitives instead right now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You will also need to set "Use Complex Collision As Simple" in Static Mesh Editor(for each mesh) or in Project Settings(for the whole project).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How are the collision boxes on the road meshes meant to be used?

All the mesh seems to simply have had Generated 26-DOF boxes on them which does not match the road surface. The Highway is essentially a box as high as the cement barriers which just acts as a wall.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ricosrealm Hello, it is 100% blueprint. If UE4 supports Linux, then it should work.

Best Regards

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maximum-Dev You can try and do the same thing using Landscape Splines and see if you get similar results. Maybe it has something to do with how your landscape material was set up.

Spline becomes laggy to move around when you have too much road/extra components on it, it does not depend on how many points a spline has. I'm going to implement On/Off toggle for performance heavy computations and look into how things may be better optimized. As a workaround you can temporarily set Spline->XScale to a large value, greater value results in greater performance. Also disable all 'Spline Extra' stuff.
    It is not recommended to have very long roads with many components anyway, if you do, you may consider merging them into static meshes as a final step.

Best Regards

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, this tools looks great! I'm using Linux currently for development. Is the tool 100% blueprint and is Linux supported?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    And one more question, with spline having ~7 points it becomes laggy to move it around, roads tend to need tens of points all along, is there anything I can do to improve that?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by GlimpseOfDawn View Post
    Hello Maximum-Dev, In order for the paint functionality to work, you need to populate "Paint Layer Info" array with your Layers. You can find it if you open BP_SnappyRoad, expand Macros section and double click on "SetLandscapeLayerInfo" macros to open it. There is no other way to do it right now.
    Got that working, thanks to you.
    But as soon as I used the spline to paint grass (right side) it turned the manually painted grass parts of the entire component to look somewhat wrong (left side).
    Any ideas about that?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey jimjimma Thanks. ATS function takes into consideration mesh height you are currently using. To counter it, check "Auto Calculated Height" value and put it with a minus sign in "ATS Offset" field.
    Snap function snaps either endpoint of a spline to intersection mesh sockets only. If there is no intersection or no socket, it will not snap.

Thanks for the suggestions these are great ones, I've thought about it myself and will implement them in the future updates.

If you use 'curbonly' mesh, you can raise landscape in the middle with Flatten Tool, in similar way a parking lot was made.

Best Regards
    Last edited by GlimpseOfDawn; 07-02-2018, 04:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello Maximum-Dev, In order for the paint functionality to work, you need to populate "Paint Layer Info" array with your Layers. You can find it if you open BP_SnappyRoad, expand Macros section and double click on "SetLandscapeLayerInfo" macros to open it. There is no other way to do it right now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey GlimpseOfDawn. Firstly, great work with the tool. I've tried pretty much every Marketplace road tool and snappy roads is my go-to.
    A few things I've noticed in the current build (maybe bugs)
    The ATS function consistently places the spline several meteres above the landscape surface, even when I set the offset to zero.
    The 'Snap' function appears to not work at all - I assume it should snap the endpoint of a SR blueprint actor to the endpoint of another SRactor within range?Or maybe I'm using it wrong...

also, a few feature requests
    - It would be great to be able to override the material of the static meshes for each SR blueprint instance so we can create more varied surfaces while using the same static meshes,.
    - I've been using the 'curbonly' mesh a lot to do complex road edges. These are often closed loops (for city blocks). Would it be possible to 'fill' these loops so the entire area within the spline is a mesh (using triangle fan or similar). At present I scale the curb mesh outwards but it's creates overlapping sections and messes up the texture scale.
    - Could we get a spline node that will create a 'hard' angle instead of a curved one? Currently I have to add several points and decrease the x scale a lot to do this.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello @GlimpseOfDawn, We're using your BP for our game and so far the only issue I'm having is that the paint functionality doesn't work. It works on your own sample map, but not for our own. Our landscape layers are setup using LandscapeLayerBlend nodes so it's pretty standard. Can you let me know what I'm missing? Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X