No announcement yet.

Snappy Roads Blueprint Tool: Announce and Support Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wallenstein You paint it in Vertex Color mode: red color is damage; green is dirt; blue is darken/black/tar; alpha is puddle depth (alpha = 0 is the deepest);
    Last edited by GlimpseOfDawn; 03-14-2019, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Does this support nav meshes? I seem to be having an issue where my nav mesh won't generate on the roads created by the blueprint.

Has anyone else experienced this?
      Quinton Delpeche
      Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Comment

I have not tested it with nav meshes. Maybe "Details->Spline->CollisionPreset" property needs to be set to "BlockAll"?

Comment

There is a problem when you want to prepare children of BP_SnappyRoad class and fill them with your own meshes. For instance I use the 2 lane meshes exclusively since the last update since it fits with my city layout. The normal way is to place B_SnappyRoad then replace the meshes for road and endpoints. A quicker way is to derive a child class and then replace the meshes in that class so that you only have to place that new BP.
          When you click on "Add Children" however it adds the standard BP only at the end which dont fit. The solution is to alter the AddChildren function in BP_SnappyRoad. Find the SpawnActor node and instead of the fixed reference there connect two nodes "self->GetClass" and it will now insert copies of the actual class instead of the base class.
          I would also suggest to a add L corners to all road sizes. Right now I'm just using an X crossroad with two ends leading nowhere but L corners would look better.
          Last edited by Wallenstein; 03-24-2019, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Wallenstein Thanks for suggestions, there is a lot to improve.

Comment

How can I get the size of the road? Any tip for that? In miles or kilometers

Comment

Originally posted by GlimpseOfDawn View Post
                Wallenstein You paint it in Vertex Color mode: red color is damage; green is dirt; blue is darken/black/tar; alpha is puddle depth (alpha = 0 is the deepest);
                Is there an option to disable/deactivate wetness?
                LEGENDS OF EPICA | CS - SPACE ALPHA

Comment

Is there a fix to better blend Two Lane road texture with Crosssection textures?

Click image for larger version  Name:	example.jpg Views:	1 Size:	510.7 KB ID:	1599191

Comment

Add Mesh Option / Blueprint Actor Fix

Connect the False Branch of the IsValid OptionStaticMesh node, and Move the Set Child Actor Class Node as pictured below, and add the rotation value node (copy from below and plug into the Add Child Actor Component), the branch is not needed.

There are some log notifications about missing Static meshes, but this is not serious.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Example2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	229.9 KB ID:	1599402Click image for larger version  Name:	Example1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	178.3 KB ID:	1599400

Result

Click image for larger version  Name:	Example3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	334.6 KB ID:	1599405
                    Last edited by unit23; 03-26-2019, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Josehfortes You can use Spline->GetSplineLength nodes and assign it to a variable. I've added it to the Details->Debug->SplineLength(meters). Will be included in the next update.

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
                      Is there an option to disable/deactivate wetness?
                      It's in the ContentBrowser->SnappyRoads->Materials->GlobalParameters->MP_Asphalt004. Set wetness to "0.0".

Is there a fix to better blend Two Lane road texture with Crosssection textures?
                      UVs need to be adjusted slightly. You can do it yourself or wait for the next update. Or use some dirt decals to mask it.

Add Mesh Option / Blueprint Actor Fix
                      I have found the bug and working on a fix.

Comment

GlimpseOfDawn Thanks.

At least Replaced road meshes rely on the MeshLength(Spacing) value, in order to generate collisions. This means that meshes such as the 2Lane crosswalk have no collision, unless you set the MeshLength(Spacing) value to 600, since that is the length of the 2Lane crosswalk. Not sure but this value may be even 0, or depends on lowest length.

Click image for larger version  Name:	fix.jpg Views:	1 Size:	350.0 KB ID:	1599751
                        Last edited by unit23; 03-27-2019, 12:07 PM.

Comment

unit23 Can you provide a particular example or steps to reproduce this "no collision" situation? I've tested collision on "Replaced" 2Lane crosswalk and it works fine. "MeshLength(Spacing)" is internal variable which is calculated automatically and is not used for "Section Replace" at all.

Comment

Anyone successfully set up traffic from a 1 lane road to a 3 lane road? My cars are turning into the median instead of a lane because I have to mark the lane as "0" for the one-way, 1 lane roads.

Comment

This is a limitation of the traffic system at the moment.
                              Last edited by GlimpseOfDawn; 04-01-2019, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GlimpseOfDawn View Post
                                This is a limitation of the traffic system at the moment.
                                Ahh okay, well then I guess I'll fix that limitation myself and submit the update for you! I need it for my game anyways.

Comment

Working...
                                X