Dynamic Ledge Climb System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I think the controls should be so that if you are moving left, for example, on a ledge and come to a corner, keep pressing left should turn the corner. Or at lest how can we make it do that?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Pakyman View Post
    It's a little buggy but it's a good starting point. IK is not usable and even turning corners has some problems.
    Yeah, the IK system is just a placeholder for now, Will be including a completed and more functional IK system in the next update.
    What issues have u come across with the corner turns so far?

There is an existing bug reported by a user which messes up the grab after jumping from a ledge. I have will have that fixed as well
    Last edited by Abeysaurus; 04-29-2018, 08:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's a little buggy but it's a good starting point. IK is not usable and even turning corners has some problems.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Vathusmoure View Post
    No custom character. Its a fresh "Create Project" project. With no modifications.
    ah ok, so I think I know what’s happening... I’ll update you once I’ve fixed it. Thanks for the bug report!

also, the IK system is still a work in progress.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No custom character. Its a fresh "Create Project" project. With no modifications.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you are hanging on a ledge, and are in the look opposite way animation when you press let go of ledge. You get broken IK bug.
    hey thanks for the update... are you using a custom character?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you are hanging on a ledge, and are in the look opposite way animation when you press let go of ledge. You get broken IK bug.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This tool kit looks incredible! I was just wondering what the usage rights are after purchase? I looked through the previous comments and didn't see anything; unless I looked over it.

I look forward to your reply.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does this use root motion or in place animations for jumping around?
    This system doesn't use root motion animations at all. Every animation clip is "in-place". the actual displacement is automatically calculated.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does this use root motion or in place animations for jumping around?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Version 1.0.1 is on it's way.
    • Wall Running
    • Wall Sliding
    • Custom Character Locomotion
    • Free hang off ledges
    • 48 new custom animations

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Another peek at what's to come. Wall sliding is now working

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Pakyman View Post
    Hello, really considering of buying it. Just few questions: When the update is going to be released? Is the code /blueprint thought to be portable (a migrable component with some stuff to setup) or is something that requires to go deep in to the code to be ported?
    I sent you a DM

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, really considering of buying it. Just few questions: When the update is going to be released? Is the code /blueprint thought to be portable (a migrable component with some stuff to setup) or is something that requires to go deep in to the code to be ported?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Velo View Post
    Oh, that is great to hear. I'm glad you found it already. Is it an easy transition I could add on my own? Can you describe how to do it in a short paragraph, or would it require a long explanation? If it's a long explanation or too complex, I can wait for the update. I've worked with anim blueprints a little bit, so if it's a semi-easy transition I might be able to add it myself if you describe how to do it
    I think I fixed it with all the new logic implemented too so it might be a bit different with the older system. If you want, zip up your project and send it to me. Email me the download link.

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    As for the Paragon characters, I've tested your system with characters that match the Epic skeleton perfectly (i.e. bone for bone) and they work great with your system (which is excellent)! However, the Paragon characters working with your system would be a big bonus. I'm still trying to figure out maybe how to remove the extra bones from them, so that they match the default epic mannequin skeleton perfectly. If I can't, then I will have to go the "re-targeting" route, which will be much harder.
    Yeah that's a good idea. I've been super busy working on getting the new stuff implemented for the update. I've only downloaded the Paragon characters, but never had the chance to open it and actually play around with them. Definitely something to look into in the future. I'll probably do a tutorial for it once I figure it out

Leave a comment:

Working...
X