No announcement yet.

Dynamic Ledge Climb System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This looks truly awesome! Just picked this up so I can start using it and try out some demo levels before the update is released. I have a game demo, if not eventual full game, planned for while I'm still in school (game art student at Full Sail) so I have something to show off when I graduate. This is exactly what I had in mind for gameplay, very excited for the update so I can start the actual game.

Comment

Update coming soon!

Twitter | UE4 Marketplace

Comment

Amazing! Waiting for the update!

Comment

Originally posted by Pakyman View Post
          Amazing! Waiting for the update!
          Haha sent to Epic for approval. FYI, the Ledge system is still working out of the player pawn for now. The new IK system is a Component and you'll also see a Ledge System Component which isn't fully functional yet so Don't use it. I'm still figuring out how to change some stuff on it to work properly.

Comment

How difficult is it to add the animations to an existing character and project? Are the climbable areas just blueprints that can be dropped onto any mesh?

Comment

Originally posted by razmaz51 View Post
              How difficult is it to add the animations to an existing character and project? Are the climbable areas just blueprints that can be dropped onto any mesh?
              I have a similar question. I'm trying to replace the mannequin with my own model, that is rigged and sized to the UE4 skeleton, but it's not working out right.

Comment

Originally posted by Abeysaurus View Post

Haha sent to Epic for approval. FYI, the Ledge system is still working out of the player pawn for now. The new IK system is a Component and you'll also see a Ledge System Component which isn't fully functional yet so Don't use it. I'm still figuring out how to change some stuff on it to work properly.
                Downloaded and tried. Climbing is definitely more stable but Ik is still far from production - ready. If you need help in rearranging code please feel free to contact me.

Comment

The climbing feels better, but I'm not sure what happened here. I made a brand new project after I had trouble replacing the model and only hit play.

~Trying to recreate it without much luck, so may not be a big issue.
                  Last edited by cmh175; 06-22-2018, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by razmaz51 View Post
                    You need to set up the Custom Trace Channels as the documentation states. And then you can turn on the ledge trace channel on any Static mesh you place.
                    Originally posted by cmh175 View Post

I have a similar question. I'm trying to replace the mannequin with my own model, that is rigged and sized to the UE4 skeleton, but it's not working out right.
                    I'm updating the documentation with more details on how to use the system with custom characters. I didn't expect Epic to approve the update so quickly, It usually takes a week, this time it took an hour haha
                    Originally posted by Pakyman View Post

Downloaded and tried. Climbing is definitely more stable but Ik is still far from production - ready. If you need help in rearranging code please feel free to contact me.
                    Yeah I think the IK needs a bit more work with Situational awareness. I'll message you when I'm back on moving code to components.

Comment

Oh ok cool, that's awesome. While I'm still working on my own character, I was trying to get this to work with one of the Paragon characters, mostly Twinblast, but it wasn't going very well. To be fair I may not be going about it the best way, I was retargeting Twinblast with the Mannequin skeleton, which resulted in odd animations. Which was surprising, since on the marketplace page those models are sized and rigged for the UE4 skeleton, but either way I'm likely not doing this right. I just learned how to do that in my game animation class this past week.

Comment

Originally posted by cmh175 View Post
                        The climbing feels better, but I'm not sure what happened here. I made a brand new project after I had trouble replacing the model and only hit play.

~Trying to recreate it without much luck, so may not be a big issue.
                        Hey, was this after you jump and grab the ledge? I'm also trying to recreate the bug.

Comment

Hey, was this after you jump and grab the ledge? I'm also trying to recreate the bug.
                          It was, I'd jumped from the pillar right behind it. It looked the transition was smooth, but suddenly his leg was sticking out again. I played with it for another 5 mins and couldn't get it to happen again. Unfortunately when it happened I just closed the play window, instead of seeing if I could get it to reverse on it's own.

Comment

Hello,

I am having some issues with the pack that I hope you can help with. I'm not sure if I have an older version but it doesn't look nearly as smooth as the update video you showed. Please see the video link to see what I am dealing with. The IK issue is pretty big but I also get the issue where the character rotates the wrong way and isn't holding onto the ledge. I have tried it with 4.19 and 4.20 and haven't made any changes to the project.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mltz08rhn4...31.01.mp4?dl=0

Comment

Originally posted by ghostnova91 View Post
                              Hello,

I am having some issues with the pack that I hope you can help with. I'm not sure if I have an older version but it doesn't look nearly as smooth as the update video you showed. Please see the video link to see what I am dealing with. The IK issue is pretty big but I also get the issue where the character rotates the wrong way and isn't holding onto the ledge. I have tried it with 4.19 and 4.20 and haven't made any changes to the project.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mltz08rhn4...31.01.mp4?dl=0
                              Hey, another user had pointed that out and I'm working on a fix. The issue is with the IKs not transitioning properly and resetting itself when moving and stopping. I'll push an update once I've fixed it

Comment

Hey, another user had pointed that out and I'm working on a fix. The issue is with the IKs not transitioning properly and resetting itself when moving and stopping. I'll push an update once I've fixed it
                                Awesome thanks for the response!

Comment

Working...
                                X