No announcement yet.

Dynamic Ledge Climb System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this use root motion or in place animations for jumping around?

Comment

Originally posted by Vathusmoure View Post
      Does this use root motion or in place animations for jumping around?
      This system doesn't use root motion animations at all. Every animation clip is "in-place". the actual displacement is automatically calculated.

Twitter | UE4 Marketplace

Comment

This tool kit looks incredible! I was just wondering what the usage rights are after purchase? I looked through the previous comments and didn't see anything; unless I looked over it.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

If you are hanging on a ledge, and are in the look opposite way animation when you press let go of ledge. You get broken IK bug.

Comment

If you are hanging on a ledge, and are in the look opposite way animation when you press let go of ledge. You get broken IK bug.
            hey thanks for the update... are you using a custom character?

Comment

No custom character. Its a fresh "Create Project" project. With no modifications.

Comment

No custom character. Its a fresh "Create Project" project. With no modifications.
                ah ok, so I think I know what’s happening... I’ll update you once I’ve fixed it. Thanks for the bug report!

also, the IK system is still a work in progress.

Comment

It's a little buggy but it's a good starting point. IK is not usable and even turning corners has some problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Pakyman View Post
                    It's a little buggy but it's a good starting point. IK is not usable and even turning corners has some problems.
                    Yeah, the IK system is just a placeholder for now, Will be including a completed and more functional IK system in the next update.
                    What issues have u come across with the corner turns so far?

There is an existing bug reported by a user which messes up the grab after jumping from a ledge. I have will have that fixed as well
                    Last edited by Abeysaurus; 04-29-2018, 08:13 AM.

Comment

I think the controls should be so that if you are moving left, for example, on a ledge and come to a corner, keep pressing left should turn the corner. Or at lest how can we make it do that?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Cmcginn View Post
                        I think the controls should be so that if you are moving left, for example, on a ledge and come to a corner, keep pressing left should turn the corner. Or at lest how can we make it do that?

Thanks
                        You could do that, but then you won't be able to activate the "Can Jump Left/Right" state. Because at the moment, when you move left and reach a corner, you stop and if you hold left, he puts his arm out to jump to the left. If you don't want to jump sideways from ledges, then you can disable that state and force a corner turn instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Abeysaurus View Post

You could do that, but then you won't be able to activate the "Can Jump Left/Right" state. Because at the moment, when you move left and reach a corner, you stop and if you hold left, he puts his arm out to jump to the left. If you don't want to jump sideways from ledges, then you can disable that state and force a corner turn instead.
                          In 99% of games this is done by ressing again the jump button. Wayting for the network update. Nice job bro but please reduce as much as you can the logic in the Animation Blueprint, is not debuggable. Please use components as much as you can!

Comment

Originally posted by Pakyman View Post

In 99% of games this is done by ressing again the jump button. Wayting for the network update. Nice job bro but please reduce as much as you can the logic in the Animation Blueprint, is not debuggable. Please use components as much as you can!
                            Yeah I'm working on it. I'm cleaning up the AnimBP logic and am currently adding ladders and vine support. I've been busy relocating to a new city the last few weeks and didn't get time to work on updating the system, so sorry for the slight delay in updates.

Comment

Small update video on the System. Been working on fixing the rotation bug when jumping from wall to wall. Ended up adding variable height detection to the reachable ledges as well.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X