• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    joestallings that's correct, but it also depends on the size of the Scan Range.

The greater the absolute Scan Range is (max - min value), the more Ray Tracing is required for an accurate estimation of the track shape. A higher amount of scan iterations also result in a greater performance overhead per frame, so it's advised to just start with a small value and increase it as you need

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Alwin! WRGT to the Autopilot Scans, is it safe to say that the more scans there are, the more accurate the autopilot will be (and vice-versa)? Trying to create a few AI racers with different attributes. Thx!

Joe

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi and thanks JackKnife, I'm glad you like the package.

Scans are there to evaluate the closest target location along the track the vehicle should move to. The vehicle performs Ray Traces along the track in front of the vehicle. If the Ray-Trace hits a sidewall, the closest location in the center of the track is being used as a Scan Location, (3D Vector) which is then used by the Autopilot Controller to adjust control values accordingly to the target location.

Location A = Vehicle Location
    Location B = Target Scan Location = Vehicle Location + Scan Distance along the Center of the Track

Ray Trace is performed between A and B. If a sidewall is obstructing the Ray Trace:
    C = Closest Point of the Hit Location at the center of the track

Finally, adjust control values to move the vehicle to target location C

Let's say you define 50 Max Autopilot Scans for example.

What the Autopilot is basically doing, is dividing the autopilot scan range by 50, then performing a for-loop (with break) to incremental scan between the vehicle and each of those 50 locations in front of the vehicle along the track. When a sidewall obstructs the Ray Trace in one of those iterations, the loop is ended and the closest location of the hit-location at the center of the track gets used by the Autopilot.

Here is an example in more detail:

A = Vehicle Location
    B = Target Scan Location = Vehicle Location + Scan Distance (Along the Center of the Track)

Autopilot Scan Range = 1.000 to 2.000 Units
    Max Autopilot Scans = 10
    One scan Iteration = Absolute Scan Range / Max Autopilot Scans = 1000 / 10 = 100 Units

In each of those (max) 10 Iterations, a Ray Trace happens between A and B, until one of the Trace is obstructed by a sidewall:

Scan iteration 1 (Scan Distance = 1100) -> Ray Trace Between A and B (No Hit)
    Scan iteration 2 (Scan Distance = 1200) -> Ray Trace Between A and B (No Hit)

Scan iteration 3 (Scan Distance = 1300) -> Ray Trace Between A and B (No Hit)
    Scan iteration 4 (Scan Distance = 1400) -> Ray Trace Between A and B (Hit) -> Break Loop

Use closest location to the HIT location of the Ray Trace along the center of the Track as C
    Finally -> Adjust Autopilot Controls accordingly to location C

One way to visualize this process, is by turning on Autopilot Debugging, which is showing the Ray Trace between the vehicle and the target scan location.

Last edited by Alwin; 02-04-2020, 04:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Alwin, fantastic setup!

I recently purchased this and I'm going through all the settings, fiddling with them to see what they do, but I can't seem to understand what the "Max Autopilot Scans" seems to do. The documentation doesn't include anything about this settings.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Update v2.2

Update 2.2 - Unreal Engine 4.23 - 4.24
    • Adjustable Child Blueprints of the Vehicle for varying AI Difficulty
    • 3 different Vehicle Presets with unique Vehicle Setups

Demo v2.2

New Demo Available!
    Last edited by Alwin; 01-22-2020, 08:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Supline Thanks for the support! I scheduled different vehicle setups using child Blueprints for the next update, so they won't drive on the same ideal line.
    I will post more on that soon.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @Alwin Great! Thank you for the update, also i did review about your product, you are so good on the support!
    Can i ask, your next fix update, if you can make the AI less do not hit each other like when they start 2 column they can't see each other from left side and right side etc. or if they are slow in front of them, they try not to go through it, I would be grateful.^^

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Supline thank you, this seems to be an integer value in an Autopilot Scan function. The issue is that open tracks have one track segment less than closed ones, and it has to be taken into account by the autopilot for the correct spline calculations.

I will include this fix in the next update, but until then you can quickly correct this by adding this condition into the macro Get Vehicle Time on Spline Track of the AG_Vehicle Blueprint.

You can simply copy and paste this node setup, this will fix the issue:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_178740.png
Views:	128
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	1695449
    Last edited by Alwin; 12-07-2019, 04:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Alwin thank you for the update but smilar problem when i uncheck the loop option they are stuck middle of the track;

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Supline I fixed the issue. I made too many adjustments to post it via screenshots, but the update is submitted and should be available shortly.

Update 2.1a
    • Fixed: Checkpoint Reset Issue for Open Tracks
    • Fixed: Total Race Time for Single Player in Race Overview
    • Improved: Autopilot Setup optimized for Demo Track
    • Improved: Additional AI Player Preset in the Racing Manager
    • Improved: Refractive Glass Material for specific Track Parts
    • Improved: Post Process Settings in Demo Map

If you like the package, feel free to leave a rating or a simple review to help me with further improvements of this package.

Thank y'all o/
    Last edited by Alwin; 12-06-2019, 01:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Alwin View Post
    Hi and thanks for the report Supline, I will take a closer look into this issue and fix it for the next update.

Screen captures are a very good way to display these kind of issues. Thanks for the effort!

All the Best
    Once you have found the solution, I would appreciate it if you upload the image to how to fix, it will take longer to wait for the update on the marketplace.
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi and thanks for the report Supline, I will take a closer look into this issue and fix it for the next update.

Screen captures are a very good way to display these kind of issues. Thanks for the effort!

All the Best

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey something wrong on the Open Track mode, its happen 4.22 its also not working 4.23 update now i tested, if i close the loop option, checkpoint will reset the player, if i delete all checkpoints, vehicles not going spline line, they are stop

Leave a comment:

• replied
    An overtaking system is possible, but you would need an additional spline for this to work properly. There are simpler ways to achieve this however.

The vehicles will only pass through each other if they all have the same physics setup. Since they all have the same properties, they drive on the same ideal line, which makes it hard for them to overtake each other.

You could first test the system with different vehicle setups for each AI Player, this resolves the issue since they don't drive on the same ideal line, and therefore are able to overtake each other without collisions.

If you post a little more information about your setup, I think I can help you more effectively!

Cheers

Leave a comment:

Working...
X