No announcement yet.

[UPDATE] Anti Gravity Racing Kit 2.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Desktop-san and welcome to the forum!
    With 'overlap with terrain death' I'm sure you mean the respawn functionality when overlapping with the terrain right?

First make sure that your box is set up correctly
    • Enable Generate Overlap Events
    • Change the Collision Preset from Default to OverlapAll

Then you have to make some changes to the Racing Manager
    • In the Racing Manager Blueprint, go to Variables -> Target Scene Components and select Landscape
    • Change it's Variable Type from Landscape to Actor (you can also rename it from 'Landscape' to 'Respawn Volume' or something similar)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Overlap.PNG Views:	1 Size:	17.0 KB ID:	1601374
    • In the World Outliner, select the Racing Manager and in the Details Panel change the Landscape reference to your new Overlap Volume
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Overlap2.PNG Views:	1 Size:	12.5 KB ID:	1601375

This should replace the terrain with another object for the player reset / overlap function. Let me know if it works for you!
    Last edited by Alwin; 03-31-2019, 08:20 PM.

Comment

where i can add gamepad like xbox controller buttons to race start and race finished. now player need press enter to start race and restart race after it is finished. how can add also gamepad controllers to those events?

Comment

tero83 those events are set in the Racing Manager. Both in Race Setup and Custom Events section there is an input event called Enter, you can replace it with a Gamepad button like Gamepad Face Button Bottom, that would be the 'A' button on xbox controllers for example.

Comment

Engine version 4.22 is now supported

Comment

I'm having trouble keeping up with the AI opponents, and often end up in last place during test races. I tried duplicating the AG_Vehicle blueprint and saving a copy as "AI" version, with a slower top speed. But I'm unable to select that blueprint from the Racing Manager -> Spawn Setup.

Comment

Crazy Draisey that's because the spawn controller is only searching for actors of the original AG_Vehicle class. By creating a duplicate of the Blueprint, you automatically create a new class which the Racing Manager doesn't recognize anymore.

You can avoid this however by creating a Child Blueprint of the vehicle and thereby maintaining the original parent class, which then also appears in the vehicle select tab of the Spawn Controller. With Child Blueprints, you still have the ability to create different versions of the Vehicle with different physics behaviors, top speeds, ship mesh etc.

Comment

are still planned sometime to add maybe those weapon system? i not necessarily need them at my own project but would sometime nice addition to this asset. Still this is great even without weapons

Comment

Originally posted by tero83 View Post
                  Still this is great even without weapons
                  tero83 thanks a lot!

I frequently thought about adding a weapon system but figured that it is not easy to find an universal solution. When I think about the more popular AG games for example, they have at least 5-10 different weapon types and adding so many different weapons is not an option. This would just make the Blueprint unnecessarily complicated and especially for beginners that's not advantageous.

However since weapons always rely on a basic shield/damage system and mostly differ in visual effects, it is possible to add a very basic shield from my side at one point. I can't tell when this will happen though and also there has to be enough demand for it.

Comment

Just tried the demo, fantastic ! Had lots of fun
                    LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21/4.22/4.23 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Originally posted by MaximeDupart View Post
                      Just tried the demo, fantastic ! Had lots of fun
                      MaximeDupart thanks, your plugins look great as well!

Comment

I think a generic weapon system would work if there was a way for us to read instructions, learn from a single weapon, and then build out our own weapons from that template.

1). A missile that locks onto the enemy and has a chance of success based on distance seems like a good place to start. From there, we could copy and modify the blueprint for new weapons.

2). A shield system would also be required to ward off missiles if the missile lock-on warning sound alerts the player.

3). Those two items would then require an optional Health and Damage system. Dang...

Comment

AI fixes and improvements

I'm working on update 2.0.5 right now, which is intended to fix / improve all AI issues and core AI behaviors, and the autopilot functions will have a cleaner Blueprint setup using more macros. It should be available next week if everything goes well.

Comment

Update 2.0.5a

Version 2.0.5a is now available in the Epic Games Launcher. Note that you first have to upgrade your project to the latest engine version 4.22 to be able to receive this update. All release notes are listed on page one. Please let me know if issues arise.
                            Last edited by Alwin; 05-16-2019, 04:11 AM.

Comment

The link to Documentation page gets a 404 error, please fix. Also will be great a documentation link in the official page site too. Or i can't fint it.

Comment

Hello, I bought this package but the links for the documentation are not working, maybe you changed the site ?

Oh, I'm also having a lot of warnings from array TotalRaceTimes bad indexes. And the ships are not seeing each other, they are like ghosts invading the same space ?
                                Last edited by juaxix; 05-26-2019, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X