No announcement yet.

[UPDATE] Anti Gravity Racing Kit 2.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is too big bug now. tested it test track and when i first time go out off track ships normally spawns back to track but when i drive again to next checkpoint when hitting checkpoint trigger it immediately spawn me back and i can't pass that checkpoints because always spawn me back. video for situation: https://youtu.be/xzq4aLmFkxA
    Last edited by tero83; 03-12-2019, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the report. I remember experiencing this a while ago, but it was my understanding that the issue was fixed with the most recent update v2.0.3. I will take a look into it and get back to you as soon as I found a solution. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Alwin View Post
        Thank you for the report. I remember experiencing this a while ago, but it was my understanding that the issue was fixed with the most recent update v2.0.3. I will take a look into it and get back to you as soon as I found a solution. Thanks for the feedback.
        yeah hopefully get it fixed for next update, otherwise it looks and is very good asset. And for addition even i go out off track in any place it spawn player to exact same place every time, so not spawn for that checkpoint only same place even i get very long before going out off track
        Last edited by tero83; 03-12-2019, 11:12 AM.

Comment

tero83 I found the issue and I'm currently working on a solution. There have been a lot of changes in the new checkpoint system in v2.0.3, this unfortunately caused a small issue with a rather big impact as you described. This is due to an integer value in the 'Reset Player to Last Checkpoint' Macro, which leads the vehicle to respawn at the first checkpoint over and over. Expect it to be fixed in the next update.
          Last edited by Alwin; 03-12-2019, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Some notes on Update 2.0.4

Update 2.0.4 is probably going to submission today, so it should be available on 20. or 21. Again, it was a lot of work, but I think the results are great. There have been a lot of improvements and I can't mention every single one of them, but here are the most obvious ones:

Race Overview

This is one of the most important features of this update. The Race Overview is a simple UI widget displaying the most important race information. It's displaying all names of the Player and AI vehicles with the start position order and the total race time when it's finished. The preset is supporting up to six players by default, but it can be expanded to suit everyone's needs.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Race-Overview.PNG Views:	1 Size:	373.4 KB ID:	1596319

Customizable Spawn Setup

You can now set the number of AI players simply by adding elements to the spawn setup in the Details Panel of the Racing Manager. With PlayerName and Vehicle you can specify the names of the your players and the type of vehicle you want them to spawn in. This can be useful if you want to use different types of vehicles for different players. To set your own start position you can now adjust the Player Vehicle Index to the spawn position you want to use.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Spawn-Setup.PNG Views:	1 Size:	22.3 KB ID:	1596320

Racing Manager Cleanup

There are about 20-30% less custom events and a lot of macros are now joined into a single unit for a much cleaner overview. The true magic lies behind the custom macros to make the process behind more understandable and easier to customize. The Racing Manager now consists of 48 Macros in total with the goal to make the process behind it a little bit more comprehensible.

Improved Autopilot

The Autopilot has now a slightly different setup in order to control the ship more effectively. An Autopilot-Controlled vehicle (or AI vehicle, it's basically the same) can now compete with the player in a challenging way. I still have to think about a way on how to give AI Players different difficulty levels, but that might be subject of the next update.
            Last edited by Alwin; 03-20-2019, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Is new autopilot/AI using spline system? and it looks good

Comment

Yes it is still using the native unreal spline system, there are a few changes though to make it more effective in curves and to perform better on race tracks in general.

Comment

Any news for update?

Comment

The update is pending approval, I submitted it a few days ago. It usually takes 1-2 days for the Epic Games staff to check the new content, but I sometimes it's a bit longer. I will let you know if there are news.

Comment

In the meantime, here is a quick demonstration of the improved Autopilot introduced in version 2.0.4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlhL8bYDOg0

Comment

Version 2.0.4 is now available in the Epic Games Launcher.

Comment

now its very cool. one question. Is there some float/integer or other value where i can adjust ai players speed, they are very difficult now, so would want little slower, otherwise very good

Comment

Fantastic work on update 2.0.4! This should make offline / solo play much more enjoyable!

Comment

tero83 yes you can do that. In the Vehicle Blueprint there is a variable called TopSpeed in the Physics Setup category where you can specify the top speed of your vehicle in kp/h. By changing it on the main Blueprint, this will apply to all players. If you want the AI ships to have different setups though with different top speeds, you can create child actors with individual properties and assign them to each player in the Spawn Setup of the Racing Manager.

Retronopy Thank you, a lot of effort went into this update. I'm glad you like it!

Comment

hello! i just got your blueprints recently and theres one question i cant figure out for my life haha. how do i change the overlap with terrain death to a collision box instead?

Comment

Working...
                                X