No announcement yet.

[UPDATE] Anti Gravity Racing Kit 2.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when about that 2.0.4 version is planned to release? I really wait improved racing ai and maybe in future basic weapons and damage system, i voted it in your website

Comment

Thanks for voting! I think March 10-20 is a realistic time frame, but it also depends on what kind of fixes and improvements will be requested over the course.

Comment

ok nice to hear, i hope improved race ai and race setups and also later maybe weapons etc

Comment

It took a bit longer than estimated, but v2.0.3 is now processed and available in the Epic Games Launcher. You can find all version notes on page one. If you have issues or questions, post it here and I will take a look into it.

Comment

Does the player BP out-of-box support replacing the vehicle's mesh with vehicle models that use skeletal meshes? Or only static mesh? Thanks.
            Last edited by magnifico1; 02-26-2019, 05:57 AM.

Comment

The vehicle model is by default a static mesh, but you could simply switch it out with a skeletal mesh by reparenting the sub-components (airbrakes, exhaust particles,...). It's just important to keep collisions and physics off, so that they don't interfere with the root component where all physics simulations take place.

Comment

I am eagerly waiting 2.0.4 update if and when it will contain proper ai so can make space race project and maybe later add weapons to it. And if next update also contain some kind race setup like lap time and result system all what race projects need
                Last edited by tero83; 02-26-2019, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tero83 View Post
                  And if next update also contain some kind race setup like lap time and result system all what race projects need

Thank you for the reminder! I wanted to add a race results screen and small intervall time notices to show time differences to other players when passing through a checkpoint. I think an advanced pre- and post - race screen with all players and ai ships are really useful, so I try to include these in 2.0.4 as well. I added those to the 'next update' section on my website.

Comment

will your improved ai system use splines or something else?

Comment

It will use splines for sure, as without splines the AI controller would have to make guesses on where to go. It would be possible to add a collision avoidance system on top of it, to avoid obstacles on the way - but at the moment this is beyond the scope of the package.

Comment

Let's share a little bit of the progress: it's looking good so far. The Racing Manager is now even more organized and cleaned up, and so is the Racing UI. All events are now better structured, more optimized for networking and it's simpler to understand in general. The Racing Manager has now internal Race Timers to evaluate race data for a 'Race Results' screen, which is the next step - followed by a spawn controller and improved racing AI. It's been a lot of work, but there are also a lot of improvements in return.

if you need help, as always let me know - I keep you posted.

Comment

Hello and I would like to say great work on the AG racing game kit. I am looking to use the kit for my own personal sound design project where I am currently using FMOD to create a dynamic vehicle sound system. The one thing I am struggling with is finding a suitable float which would normally be an RPM (i.e Engine Rotation Speed) float which I could then feed into the FMOD RPM parameter. I would like to know if there is a float close to an RPM float (i.e Engine Rotation Speed) in the kit or would I have to make my own custom float.

Comment

and is next probably update which contain maybe improved ai etc coming during March-April?

Comment

Hi Synthmixer and apologies for the late reply, I somehow missed the notification on your post. There are a few ways to acquire such a value, depending on what result you aim for. If you look for an RPM value based on vehicle's forward speed for example, you could divide your current forward velocity through the topSpeed of the vehicle. This results in a float value betwenn 0 and 1, where 0 is zero velocity and 1 is your max velocity (or max RPM). The UI velocity bar for example works like this.

Alternatively, you could use a FInterp node based on the thrust value where full thrust equals full RPM, but with smooth interpolation applied. This is how a turbine would behave for example, or the current engine volume multiplier:

Click image for larger version  Name:	RPM.PNG Views:	1 Size:	91.0 KB ID:	1593724

If you need help with FMOD relating to this package, I can take a closer look at it.

tero83 there are still a few things to address, but the update is mostly finished and planned for release this week. It's looking quite good so far, but if there are delays I will inform you.

Comment

Thanks for reply i will eagerly wait that can for 100% to start my vehicle race with ai

Comment

Working...
                                X