No announcement yet.

Anti Gravity Racing Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you both for making me aware of it, I made a few changes to the website recently and the link changed thereafter.

I updated the documentation link on page one of this thread, it should work now.

Documentation 2.0.X

Free demo available here!

Comment

Originally posted by XIXGAMES View Post
      Oh, I'm also having a lot of warnings from array TotalRaceTimes bad indexes.
      It sounds unusual - if you could you provide a screenshot, I can take a closer look

Originally posted by XIXGAMES View Post
      And the ships are not seeing each other, they are like ghosts invading the same space ?
      The ships all have the same setup following the track on autopilot. They don't avoid each other, (I think that's what you mean by seeing), but you can change the vehicle setups via child Blueprints to achieve different AI behaviors. Collision avoidance would make the Blueprint very complicated.

Comment

Trying to setup the vehicle for some F-Zero behaviour but have some problems, this is my actual setup:
        https://i.paste.pics/3d88ff6ed757d04...7347888954.png

Some of the problems are the ship on touch the asphalt jumps, or when collides with the side walls it goes up too so it goes outside.

Here is a video of last F-Zero on GameCube:
        https://youtu.be/dQ8vMW4QOOc?t=1164

My idea is do a mix between the actual AG and F-Zero, but can't fix/reduce the jump/bouncing issues. Maybe there is other value i'm missing?

Something that seems to fix the issues is if i hold "w" to pitch always down, the bad thing is that continuous touches the floor and does little jumps or stops too suddenly.

So, maybe some value to act like pitch so by default gets more close to the floor or something to fix this? Or maybe some values to set the minimun levitation height to avoid colision on floor?

Comment

Davit Masia To get the vehicle to 'stick' to the ground like in F-Zero, you can simply apply the Magnetic Surface physic material to your track mesh or track material. The vehicle will automatically identify this material and magnetize to it, which prevents it from detaching from the track - regardless of the angle.

Click image for larger version  Name:	MagneticSurface.PNG Views:	1 Size:	38.8 KB ID:	1624769

You can test this feature with the 'Magnetic Track' mesh included in the package, which has the physic material already attached by default. There is also a section of this track included in the Demo Map.

Click image for larger version  Name:	MagneticTrack.PNG Views:	1 Size:	156.8 KB ID:	1624770
          Last edited by Alwin; 05-27-2019, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Where i can change the length segment of the mesh inside the spline?

I created a textures with some road stripes bright/dark to give a better feel of speed, but they are too short. So, i guess i have to increase the lenght of the mesh track inside the spline but we are not able to find it. ¿? I only want to edit the vertical value.

Here an image to see what i mean:

Well i guess i found it:

But if i set for example 10000 then some white mesh appears inside the track. So wonder if i have also to edit another values or maybe this is now the right place to tweak what i want?

Last edited by Davit Masia; 06-01-2019, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Davit Masia thats correct, with the resolution variable you can change the length of a specific type of track segment. The white pillars are part of the example track, you can either delete them by removing them from the Spline Tracks array, or replace the mesh with one that fits your new track.

Comment

Hi Alwin,

I just recently bought your kit and I love it, excellent value for the money. I look forward to using it over the coming months. It seems the the input.ini link provided doesn't work, was it moved elsewhere on your server?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by x500 View Post
                  I just recently bought your kit and I love it, excellent value for the money. I look forward to using it over the coming months. It seems the the input.ini link provided doesn't work, was it moved elsewhere on your server?
                  x500 thanks a lot! Input file link has been updated, thanks for the notice

Comment

Originally posted by Alwin View Post

x500 thanks a lot! Input file link has been updated, thanks for the notice
                    Thanks for the quick turnaround! Your forum activity and willingness to support were the other reasons I bought this kit. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Can't find the value for the normal brake force ¿?

I saw the doc and there is E-Brake, Air Thrust reduction.... even i tried to set -10 on input mapping for that key but only works when ships goes back.

Now when you press down the brake reduction is very low, yes you can use the left/right ones but they brake and steer, i'm looking to just increase the brake force. What i should do?

Comment

Davit Masia To increase the brake force of the Airbrakes, you can increase the float variable Airbrake Deceleration.
                        The vehicle can also brake via Reverse Thrust, you can increase the value by modifying the variable Reverse Thrust Force.

Originally posted by Davit Masia View Post
                        I saw the doc and there is E-Brake, Air Thrust reduction.... even i tried to set -10 on input mapping for that key but only works when ships goes back.
                        E-Brake and Air Thrust Reduction have nothing to do with conventional braking. The E-Brake is activated when the vehicle is standing still and both airbrakes are engaged - they then hold the vehicle in one place to prevent it from sliding around. Air Thrust Reduction is a value between 0 and 1 and is multiplied by the thrust force when the vehicle is in the air, minimizing thrust to prevent the vehicle from 'taking off' when it has no contact to the ground.

Edit: The input mappings are intended to remain normalized, exceeding the normalized value ranges (mostly 0 and 1) can lead to unwanted behaviors
                        Last edited by Alwin; 06-03-2019, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Thanks! Just realized if you are pressing the acceleration button and brake at same time it not reduces, you have to release the accelaration to brake correctly.

Comment

Working...
                          X