No announcement yet.

Anti Gravity Racing Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow you're on top of things Alwin! I had a quick question about the autopilot system. So I tried using it on a custom track and I noticed it was rather buggy. The vehicle would randomly change direction at various sections of track and after a while began driving in the wrong direction. I'm not sure if there was some setting I messed up or if the AI is in an early prototype stage but I was having several issues with it.

Piggybacking off this, is there a built-in system for assigning computer players to empty player start slots? Example: There are 3 players in a match with 10 slots and after the human controlled players are placed, 7 AI players are added in the remaining slots. I imagine this could just be a toggle-able bool called "FillEmptyStartSlots" or something like that. If something along these lines doesn't exist, I have no problem adding it myself.

Comment

Wow you're on top of things Alwin!
      Thank you!

The vehicle would randomly change direction at various sections of track and after a while began driving in the wrong direction. I'm not sure if there was some setting I messed up or if the AI is in an early prototype stage but I was having several issues with it.
      Thats interesting, provided with this information it's not easy to tell what exactly went wrong here. Enabling the Autopilot Debugging option could clarify things a little bit more (is the spline reference correct, where is the point your vehicle is chasing after,...) If you could PN a video with this behavior or some steps on how I can reproduce it, that would be very helpful.

Autopilot is still a new feature and the default parameters are optimized for the sample track included in the package. As always, there is room for improvement, but at the same time I want it to be simple / easy to understand.

is there a built-in system for assigning computer players to empty player start slots? Example: There are 3 players in a match with 10 slots and after the human controlled players are placed, 7 AI players are added in the remaining slots. I imagine this could just be a toggle-able bool called "FillEmptyStartSlots" or something like that.
      The RM only spawns players that are logged-in to the current game session. "FillEmptyStartSlots" is a good point, I will think about implementing this feature when I have time for it. Right now I have to study for upcoming semester exams though, so besides some small fixes the earliest I can get back working on new features is in roughly 2-3 weeks, but until then I'm still available for support.

Free demo available here!

Comment

Hey Alwin,

If I want the player to just boost automatically, similar to Mario Kart 8, how would I set that up?

Comment

Great to hear back from you Crazy Draisey. Since update 2.0 there are two different ways of Boost - there is the regular Boostpad event triggered when overlapping with a Boostpad Actor - and since update 2.0 there is a Turbo event called by the Turbo input set up in the Project Settings (if turbo is available). Regardless what triggers the automatic boost in your game, you can either call the Boostpad or the Turbo custom event on your target vehicle and that should to it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	customboost.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	1576497

Comment

Thanks for the tip!

Also, I'm trying to use a hand-modeled track with AG Racing Kit. If you have a chance, can you explain that process?

I added the RacingManager and AGDemoSequence blueprints to my scene, and then specified my Race Track FBX model as the spline track. But no luck with the game starting correctly.

Comment

Since the Racing Manager works together with the Spline Track Blueprint, the simplest way to achieve this is to create an empty Spline Track which follows the shape of your FBX track. (If you planned to use AI ships too, you would have to do this anyway for the autopilot to know where your track goes along). With that empty spline track you can also add Checkpoints, Player Starts, Boostpads, and so on - so there is actually no difference in the process. This is the easiest solution and does not require any tweaks of the RM Blueprint.

Comment

I've been running into an issue with the Checkpoint system where if I fell off the track previously, I get trapped into an infinite loop.

For instance, after falling off the track:

1). I get reset.
                2). I drive towards the next checkpoint.
                3). I enter the checkpoint.
                4). I get spawned at the previous checkpoint, despite not falling off the track.
                5). This is an infinite loop of respawning at the previous checkpoint until I exit the game.

Comment

I noticed this issue too at one point, but I was not really sure what was causing it. Using visual debugging I figured that it's caused by a Multilap or Start CP which gets triggered a second time in the same lap, which is usually not supposed to happen. Adding a set of nodes which reset the amount of completed CP in the Multilap/Start macro in the Racing Manager will probably fix this issue (will be cleaner in the next version)

Edit: I'm sorry if the screenshot did not show up properly, here is it again:

Click image for larger version  Name:	ResetCP.PNG Views:	1 Size:	62.4 KB ID:	1579632
                  Last edited by Alwin; 02-01-2019, 03:55 PM. Reason: fixed screenshot

Comment

Alwin when's the planned release for 2.0.3?

Comment

The good news is that my exams are (mostly) over and I can finally get back working on this update. If everything goes well, it will be online within the next 4-7 days, which will also include some very useful node additions of the checkpoint system I worked on recently (more details on that soon).

Comment

Update 2.0.3

Some final adjustments and then the update will be submitted to the publisher portal, waiting for the Marketplace team to give approval for the new content.
                        Here is an updated list of all changes:
                        • Fixed: When pressing 'F' to focus on a spline point, camera won't zoom out infinitely
                        • Fixed: Checkpoint sound gets only triggered for the locally controlled player
                        • Fixed: Infinite checkpoint loop issue when ship respawns at the start of the race
                        • Improved: Respawn at last checkpoint shifted completely to the racing manager - resulting in a cleaner level BP
                        • Improved: Spline roll for non terrain aligned spline tracks
                        • Improved: Cleaner checkpoint system node organization in the Racing Manager
                        • New: Checkpoint nodes
                        Always make a copy of your project before updating to a new version !

Checkpoint Nodes

A major part of this update is an optimized node organization of the checkpoint system. I created a set of checkpoint macros and rewired the node setup for a much cleaner and more understandable workflow with the checkpoint system.

Click image for larger version  Name:	CPNodes.PNG Views:	1 Size:	98.6 KB ID:	1583100

Monthly update plan

In order to make future updates more transparent and calculatable, I will collect requests for new content, fixes and improvements over the course of four weeks in this thread. At the beginning of each new month, an update will be released, provided there are open requests or new engine versions to be supported. Every customer can share his ideas for new content, fixes and improvements to upgrade this package in future iterations. Open requests will be visible in the first post of this thread at the top of page one where all updates are listed.
                        Last edited by Alwin; 02-10-2019, 08:50 PM.

Comment

I love how you cleaned up the BP node setup. The fixes in 2.0.3 are great!

I have 3 feature requests that I think other users may want:

1). Spawn AI controlled ships that follow the spline shape of the track.

2). Fire weapons that can lock onto AI controlled ships.

3). Ship selection menu screen.

All of these are massive subjects to tackle, but if you pull them off by the end of 2019 they could be huge selling points for the product.

Comment

Those are great points Crazy Draisey, I will add them to the upcoming features list for future updates. I've been working on a missile tracking system for another project before, so I think it's no big deal to implement such a feature at one point. I also noticed that a voting system could be really useful for prioritizing feature requests - I will definitely make up my mind to create one on my website, or somewhere else.

Comment

Yes, a voting system would be great. Really, the features that are put in should be for all of us, not just me. =P

Comment

You can vote now on xblueprint.de for upcoming features!
                                If you'd like to add something to the list, you can share your ideas here.

Comment

Working...
                                X