Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Welcome to the Forum.

Every checkpoint has a unique index assigned to and the Racing Manager will decide if the checkpoint was valid based on the checkpoint index. If one checkpoint gets triggered by the vehicle, the Racing Manager will compare the triggered CP index with the one that was triggered before. A passed checkpoint is only valid if the index is one greater than the previous one (and some extra logic for start / finish or multilap checkpoints). This prevents skipping or re-triggering checkpoints.

The logic behind this is all inside the Valid Checkpoint Macro.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am a student and I am learning unreal right now, I understand the checkpoint implementation of trigger boxes for blueprints, but could you please explain me how the logic will prevent someone to just turn back and go through the checkpoint again to increase the lap count? How does it prevent cheating?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Alwin View Post

Switching to a standalone Material works fine for me, it must have something to do with the Billboard component having issues with Material instances.

I will include a fixed Version in the next update, thanks a lot for the feedback.

All the Best,

Alwin
    Thanks so much, and thanks for making such a great base for folks to work with!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    perhaps try swapping out to a simple mat from the material instance.
    Switching to a standalone Material works fine for me, it must have something to do with the Billboard component having issues with Material instances.

I will include a fixed Version in the next update, thanks a lot for the feedback.

All the Best,

Alwin

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello MBybee , welcome to the forum. Thanks for reporting this issue!

This should fix the issue, let me know if this worked on your side.

All the Best,

Alwin
    Thanks! I've made that change. It doesn't seem to fix it when I reproduce with a new project.
    I did find a fix that seems to work - I created a new simple material like so:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Fixed boostpad.png
Views:	170
Size:	271.0 KB
ID:	1787607
    So if you're having an issue with that and changing the texture doesn't work, perhaps try swapping out to a simple mat from the material instance.
    Last edited by MBybee; 07-13-2020, 02:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello MBybee , welcome to the forum. Thanks for reporting this issue!

I was able to reproduce this error with UE 4.25. My last build for this package was with UE 4.24 for the latest Windows demo.

There seems to be an error with the processing of a Material Instance when the game is being launched.
    ​​I figured there is a simple solution. It turned out that the issue is related to the Boostpad Material.

I'm sure this is a general problem with 4.25, since it has something to do with the texture compression settings, which caused no error for 4.24.

To fix this issue:
    • In the Content Browser, open the Package folder Tenxtures > Boostpad > and open the Boostpad Texture
    • Change the Compression Settings from Default to Masks (no sRGB)

This should fix the issue, let me know if this worked on your side.

All the Best,

Alwin

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks like still a few bugs with the 4.25.1 support
    Bare project (no other content, Blueprint, scalable settings), 4.25.1, fresh download today of the AG racing kit, import of your input.ini when it builds (non-nativized), the output game it builds crashes with this error:

Click image for larger version

Name:	AG Racing Kit 4.25.1 crash.png
Views:	68
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	1786646

Same exact steps on 4.24.3 work fine.
    I'm guessing just some weirdness with 4.25 still to rough out?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    VladimirSoul , thanks! You have to set up input controls, see page 3 of the documentation - Setting up Input Mappings

You can either set up the input mappings manually in your Project Settings, or import the preset input file

I have no influence on project settings of external projects unfortunately, so this part has to be done for every project the package is imported to.
    Thank you for your answer! I installed Input Mapping for sure. anyway as single car it doesn't work for me but I use Racing Manager so it works perfectly. Thank you so much!

Just quick question - I really want to limit game to 3 min maximum. Can you help me wich way to go to develop this function? I tried use regular countdown timer but my skills not enough to make it work properly with race manager ))

Thank you agian!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Update 2.2.1 is now supported for Engine Version 4.25

Last day to get 30% Off during Spring Sale!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    VladimirSoul , thanks! You have to set up input controls, see page 3 of the documentation - Setting up Input Mappings

You can either set up the input mappings manually in your Project Settings, or import the preset input file

I have no influence on project settings of external projects unfortunately, so this part has to be done for every project the package is imported to.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey! thank you for amazing job! was really enjoyed to play on your demo level.
    Sorry may by for noob question - as I put car on my level I couldn't get control on it. A levitation materials added. car in the air but not response for control inputs... what steps did I miss?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes x500 , support for 4.25 coming soon. Support for Unreal Engine 5, probably yes but it's still a lot of time remaining.

As far as I know, Unreal 4 projects will be supported in Unreal 5. If that's the case, it shouldn't be an issue at all.
    It also depends on whether they make heavy changes to the physics system, but I don't think this will be as significant.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello Alwin,
    I've been enjoying your project! Do you plan on updating to 4.25, and maybe even Unreal 5 in the future? I would totally understand if 4.25 is the last version, just wanted to check

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello Crazy Draisey ,

I just imported the package into a new empty project and it works fine with Unreal 4.24.3

You could try importing the package into a new project to ensure the issue is not related to your existing project.

If it crashes again, feel free to share the crash report so that I can take a closer look into your issue.

All the Best,
    Alwin

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey how's it going? In Unreal 4.24.3, if I attempt to open the Ice Climb level it crashes the editor. Could you double check it for me?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X