No announcement yet.

Anti Gravity Racing Kit 2.0.5a

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The windows demo has been updated to version 2.0.5a (32/64 bit)

Free demo available here!

Comment

Anniversary sale is on! Get the package for 50% off for a limited time.

Details about the next update for Engine Version 4.23 coming soon! Let me know if you have specific ideas or wishes.

Comment

Looking forward to the next update! I don't really have a specific wish but a random idea I had was being able to set waypoints/checkpoints while in-game, as if you were driving around open world terrain or a city. Might be outside the scope or too niche, but just thought I'd throw it out there. Honestly I'm happy with what's there now, you've done a great job!

Comment

Originally posted by x500 View Post
          a random idea I had was being able to set waypoints/checkpoints while in-game, as if you were driving around open world terrain or a city. [...] Honestly I'm happy with what's there now, you've done a great job!
          Thank you! Adding waypoints 'on the fly' is technically possible, but a little tricky since they would all get deleted after exiting play mode or quitting the session. It would require some sort of save & load system for the control points - which is achievable, but a bit beyond the scope of this package. Appreciate the idea though!

Comment

Can this be used off track. To travel around on a planet, for example?

Comment

Sure! The target surface (planet, environment, or anything with a collision mesh) only has to have the Levitation Surface Physic Material attached, which is included in the package.

Comment

Hi, I've been eyeing this kit for a while now and with the current price reduction it's become even more tempting.

Do you have any plans to add a damage system? Even if it's not something super in-depth, something like having your vehicle take damage from rubbing against walls or head on collisions which would increase that damage significantly. With the build up of damage reducing your vehicle's acceleration/top speed, cornering abilities, or effectively totaling the vehicle and making it unresponsive. Is something like this doable or outside of the scope of this package?

And maybe a bit of a weird question but you mentioned to be working in a new package, is it going to be something of a follow-up to this one, like a 2.0 version or an entirely different thing? Because in my case it just might make a bit more sense to wait for a new kit if it's going to be similar. =P

Comment

Hi Sli, thanks for joining this thread!

Originally posted by Sli View Post
                  Do you have any plans to add a damage system?
                  A damage system is something I considered adding for a while now, a lot of people asked for it and it will probably be part of a future release. This is going to be something simple, maybe even with optional mechanical damage to influence the ship behavior negatively. Visual damage will be not subject of the damage system however.

Originally posted by Sli View Post
                  you mentioned to be working in a new package, is it going to be something of a follow-up to this one, like a 2.0 version or an entirely different thing?
                  The new package is going to be something entirely different, but I can't share any details at this point.
                  Followups to this package will be part of future updates (free for everyone who bought it over the Marketplace).

Comment

A feature I would love to see is a menu system. Choose Race Team, choose Track, play level. Rinse repeat.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions! I will share more details on the update tomorrow. UE 4.23 got released yesterday and I don't want to wait too long for this one. I'm not at home for a few days, but I aim for releasing the new content next week.

Comment

I'm quite busy this weekend, but I'm going to share all details next week. The update is coming soon with some new features.
                        Last edited by Alwin; 09-07-2019, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alwin View Post
                          Hi Sli, thanks for joining this thread!

A damage system is something I considered adding for a while now, a lot of people asked for it and it will probably be part of a future release. This is going to be something simple, maybe even with optional mechanical damage to influence the ship behavior negatively. Visual damage will be not subject of the damage system however.

The new package is going to be something entirely different, but I can't share any details at this point.
                          Followups to this package will be part of future updates (free for everyone who bought it over the Marketplace).
                          probably can't tell anything for new package you have planned but will it be racing related or totally different genre than racing

Comment

The new package will not be anything racing related, but it's still all experimental so I can't mention any details at this stage. I worked on different racing related Blueprints before (like conventional vehicle physics, with proper suspensions, tire models etc.) - so I can't exclude that I release content of this genre in the future.

Comment

Hi guys, sorry for the little abscence. I've been working on the next update for some days now and made some great improvements.

Here are some key notes on the next version:

Racing Manager
                              • Improved Checkpoint System workflow: simplified and expandable for additional race types
                              • Cleaned up to 50% of the event Graph: Less custom events, more compact macros
                              A sneak peak of the RM event graph:

‚Äč

Spline Track Blueprint
                              • Improved variable organization, re-structured details panel
                              • Improved spline shape generator: Less variables to define, better outcomes for procedurally generated spline tracks
                              • Track sections are simpler to define: The normalized spline range can be divided into sections without overlapping track meshes

New features in progress
                              • New playable demo with ship selection, track selection screen
                              • New demo maps and race tracks
                              • Ship presets with different Blueprint setups
                              Last edited by Alwin; 09-13-2019, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X