X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RELEASED] Anti Gravity Racing Kit

AG Racing Kit - Unreal Marketplace

Free Demo available here!

Description:

The AG Racing Kit is a complete suite for creating Anti Gravity Racing Games in Unreal Engine 4. Key part of this Package is the Physically Based Vehicle Controller, which has a fully customizable physics setup including adjustable levitation height, Thrust-, Airbrake-, Stabilization and Drag forces. To ensure perfect cornering even at higher speeds, the vehicle has two Animated Airbrakes which affect the steering behavior based on the velocity of the ship. The Auto-Align to functionality helps the vehicle to stay aligned to the surface and prevents it from flipping over.

Features

• Flexible Physics Setup

• Magnetic lock to Surface Functionality

• Smooth Camera Se
    tup

• Spline Based Autopilot

• Airbrakes with Animated Flaps

• Smooth Keyboard and Controller Input

• Autopilot Controls

• Advanced Spline Track Blueprint

• Racing Manager / Checkpoint System

• 100% modular Blueprints

• Network Replicated

• Demo Environment Included

New: Vote for new features

You can vote now for upcoming features on xblueprint.de

Documentation

Documentation for 2.0.X is available here

Updates & Fixes

Update 2.0.4 (WIP)
    • New: Advanced pre-and post-race screen with player positions and race results
    • New: Show time differences other players when passing through a checkpoint
    • New: Spawn controller for a simple race setup with AI / player vehicles
    • Improved: Advanced racing AI / Autopilot setup

Update 2.0.3
    • New: Checkpoint nodes for a better workflow with the checkpoint system
    • Improved: Respawn at last checkpoint shifted to the racing manager - resulting in a cleaner level BP
    • Improved: Spline roll for non terrain aligned spline tracks
    • Improved: Cleaner checkpoint system node organization in the Racing Manager
    • Fixed: Checkpoint sound gets only triggered for the locally controlled player
    • Fixed: Checkpoint loop issue resolved when ship respawns at the start of the race

Update 2.0.2
    • Improved: Game Mode Preset in Demo Map's World Settings - No Additional Setup Required
    • Fixed: Landscape Rendering Issue Resolved

Update 2.0.1
    • New: Cinematic demo level intro
    • Improved: More direct and responsive vehicle steering
    • Improved: Variable slider calibration for an easy vehicle setup in the Details Panel
    • Improved: Racing Manager node organization - more use of Macros for a clear overview
    • Improved: demo map lighting setup
    • Fixed: Respawn at last checkpoint fixed

Update 2.0 -Complete Rework of the System
    • New: Spline Based Autopilot Controls
    • New: Spline Track Blueprint with Procedural Spline Generator
    • New: Procedural Environment Mesh Instance Placement
    • New: Racing Manager & Checkpoint System
    • New: Sample UI displaying racing data and vehicle speed
    • Improved: Refined Vehicle Setup with Better Physics and more Functionality

Update 1.1
    • New: Added network replication
    • New: Engine version 4.18 supported
    • New: Game mode with player spawn setup
    • New: Modulated Boostpad Sound
    • Improved: better input handling
    • Improved: Vehicle Sound Attenuation for 3d Sound

Getting Started
    • Import the new 2.0 package into your project
    • Go to Project Settings -> Engine -> Input and apply these input settings or import the Input File from my Website.

Click image for larger version  Name:	input.PNG Views:	1 Size:	84.3 KB ID:	1557009
    • Go to Edit -> Project Settings and set the AG_Gamemode as your default Game Mode
    • Open the example map and enter Play Mode

Please Note

1) Make sure to read the documentation when you decide to buy this package. Often people contact me for the very basic things that are explained in the documentation in detail.

2) If you need help, please send one message or post at a time. I will get back to you mostly within 24h.

3) I permanently update this package and do my best to keep it compatible with the most recent engine versions. If you find a bug, please report it objectively in this thread and I will take a look into fixing the issue.

4) As long as you're respectful, I'm willing to help you. If you try to be disrespectful or offensive in any shape, your requests will be ignored.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome!
    Last edited by Alwin; 03-19-2019, 11:01 AM.

Free demo available here!

Hello, I managed to get the example track up and running, and set AG_GameMode as my default game mode. The ship shows up in my scene. But when I launch the scene, I'm unable to get any response from my keyboard or my gamepad. Could you explain how to get controls working? I'm on Unreal Version: 4.19.2

Thanks,
    Draisey

Screenshot of Compiler Errors is attached.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Crazy Draisey; 05-09-2018, 09:42 PM.

Comment

I take it back, I dug into what Input Axis References was, and now I have perfect control via my Xbox Style Gamepad.

Attached Files

Comment

Hi there,

you're right, all input controls are dependent upon your Project Settings (Engine -> Input)
        You can either add them manually, as you did, or simply download and import the input settings .ini file from my website.
        Take a look at the documentation if you haven't already, all topics are explained there in more detail.

Thank you for using the forum, a bit of conversation is definitely appreciated!

Alwin

Comment

Hey Alwin! Yeah I was so excited that I just dove in without looking at the doc. =P

I'm having so much fun with this blueprint, and shooting off into the sky and trying to land back on the track is exhilarating.

Comment

So one small thing I'd like to know is now that I've imported a custom ship mesh into Unreal, how do I swap it to be used by the blueprint?

Comment

To use a custom mesh, simply open up the Blueprint and select the ShipMesh component, then search your imported ship model in the Static Mesh dropdown on the right. Make sure your mesh origin and scale are appropriate (see doc. page 3) otherwise you can offset it manually e.g. with an empty billboard component. Move the parents of the Airbrakes to match them up with your new ship and you're done.

Always double-check that your vehicle mesh has collision turned off, as all the collision is provided through the SphereCollision component.

Comment

Thanks for your help, this whole Blueprint system is starting to make sense. I can see now how to add additional moving parts that correspond to player button input.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hey, how's it going? I was wondering if there's a setting in the blueprint to increase the weight of the ship, causing it to fall faster? I increased the gravity to 1500 to attempt a similar effect, but then the ship had trouble going uphill.

Comment

The speed of which the ship is falling is not affected by it's mass. You could increase the default gravity, but as you said, the vehicle then has trouble going uphill.

I just found a better solution. You can add an additional force that pulls you to the ground, but only when the levitation trace is not obstructed. This way you can drive uphill as usual, but when the line trace is losing contact to the ground your vehicle has additional gravity and thus is falling faster.

To achieve this is simple:

1. Add this part to the vehicle Blueprint (after the 'set linear forces' section)

Click image for larger version  Name:	ArtificialGravity.PNG Views:	1 Size:	109.3 KB ID:	1475818

2. Go to 'Apply linear forces' and add a pin to the vector addition where all forces are combined

3. Connect your new artificial force vector to the pin

That's it! Please try and let me know if it works for you. I will certainly include this in my next update.

Comment

It works like a charm. I get some cool jumping moments now. Much appreciated, thank you!
                      Last edited by Crazy Draisey; 05-15-2018, 03:08 AM.

Comment

I love that when I fall off the track, the blueprint puts me right back where I was. It's a very forgiving system. But is there a way to give the player a speed boost since my ship currently starts from 0 mph after respawning? Maybe by spawning an invisible Boost onto the player's position so that they can get back into the race faster?

The issue came up when I started respawning on uphill climbs. They're not impossible, just kind of sad, haha.

Comment

If you take a look at the level Blueprint, there is a node called 'Set Physics Linear Velocity', which gets triggered when your vehicle respawns to the track. Instead of setting it to 0 (by default), you could set it to whatever speed you'd like. Ensure that the velocity is facing in the forward (x) direction of your ship

Click image for larger version  Name:	SetSpeed.PNG Views:	1 Size:	94.7 KB ID:	1476582
                          Last edited by Alwin; 05-16-2018, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Sorry, could you clarify which one is the "level blueprint"?
                            Attached Files

Comment

The level Blueprint is located at the editor toolbar (Blueprints -> Open Level Blueprint)
                              https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/...LevelBlueprint

Comment

Working...
                              X