X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RELEASED] Ships and Rocks

YAY! I present to you the new asset pack - Ships and Rocks

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...hips-and-rocks
    Click image for larger version  Name:	ShipsAndRocks_Screenshot_005.jpg Views:	1 Size:	463.9 KB ID:	1447152

It has 9 modular galleons and Chinese Junk as well as an old wreckage in it! Furthermore the pack contains rocks, a few coral reef meshes, foliage, water, tessellated terrain material, some wooden assets like barrels and such (fishing nets, glass balls, etc.) - overall more then 140 meshes! There is a map included with the galleons and Chinese bay so you can quickly build the environment using it as a reference of copy groups of meshes from it.

There are a few types of water. Also the material is quite complex one: It has 4 overlapping wave types, pixel depth, optimized tessellation and the stencil removing possibility. I am working on adding buoyancy and some other effects but that as I found is already available on marketplace so I am still not 100% sure I will do it. There is one particle system (the bubbles) in the pack at this moment: Below you can see how terrain is tessellated on the left and on the right (or below, depending on what monitor/screen you are running this website) there is an overview of the coral reef, you might be able to spot sunk shipwreck further forward.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ShipsAndRocks_Screenshot_003a.jpg Views:	1 Size:	510.3 KB ID:	1447153Click image for larger version  Name:	ShipsAndRocks_Screenshot_004a.jpg Views:	1 Size:	342.0 KB ID:	1447154
    The water material removes the water from the interior of the ship if it has a proper setup of custom stencils (look at the example map). I will release tutorial on this subject as soon as I can! There are currently descriptions around the assets explaining some of the features of this pack: See the screenshots below for example:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	ShipsAndRocks_Screenshot_009.jpg Views:	1 Size:	236.3 KB ID:	1447155

There are more materials then these but these I am especially proud of: Most of them vertex painted, tessellated and of course, parametric
    Click image for larger version  Name:	ShipsAndRocks_Screenshot_010.jpg Views:	1 Size:	183.3 KB ID:	1447156

I want to apologize LiquidSin for taking so much time to publish this stuff: You see it was never the way I wanted, I kept on updating, polishing and fixing stuff... This sure took a looong while. I also wanted to thank John R for his everlasting support, wisdom and a great passion for ships in general!
    If you see any issues or have any questions: Don't hesitate to ask: Here on via mail
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ConradJustin; 03-20-2018, 04:11 PM.

Tutorial showing the pack and water removing technique.

Comment

Working...
    X