X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RELEASED] Materials Showcase Scene

Hi everybody,
    it's Nazzareno here.
    I am glad to present to you the Materials Showcase Scene I've been working on recently and that it's been released in the Unreal Engine Marketplace!

Here the product description:
    A clean studio scene crafted with love and care with which you can easily test and showcase your materials.

Designed for archviz and any other kind of materials for the creation of material's thumbnails or quick high-quality pictures.

v1.2 IS OUT!
    • 2 NEW PRE-BAKED SCENES FOR FABRIC MATERIALS
    • 2 NEW MESHES: CLOTH DRAPE AND CLOTH SHEET
    • NEW CAMERAS AND CLOSE-UPS
    • PRE-BAKED SCENES WITH HIGH-QUALITY GPU BRUTE FORCE LIGHTMAPPING

v1.1
    • Blueprint panel for quick access to different materials and shapes
    • New pre-baked scene for planar surfaces
    • Improved lighting
    • Improved light baking settings
    • Improved UV mapping
    • Switch between Materials and Material Instances

Follow the development here:https://trello.com/b/CCR25ZcZ

Forum post with updates here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...showcase-scene

The aim of the product is to give you simple, reliable tools for quickly and beautifully have great thumbnails of your materials.
    Just add it to your project, load the level, select your material and save all the pictures.

After bringing you a better usability with v1.1 I already planned some of the objectives for v1.2 and beyond with the main focus on more sample meshes in order to cover many possible use cases.
    In this case, you will get additional scenes for:
    • Terrain (not plain) materials
    • Fabric materials
    • Dirt/Grunge materials
    • Glass/Transparent materials

Please follow the development in the Trello link above and feel free to write here any issue, critique and request you might have regarding the Materials Showcase product.

Cheers

Nazzareno
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Cyberglobe; 05-11-2018, 04:31 PM.

Nazzareno Giannelli
    CTO | Senior 3D Artist
    myD3SIGN Ltd

+39 335 13 12 044
    nazzareno@myd3sign.com
    www.nazzarenogiannelli.com

Hi Cyberglobe , will the price increase with upcoming 1.1 version update?
    Meshabyte @ CGTrader

Comment

Originally posted by theevil128 View Post
      Hi Cyberglobe , will the price increase with upcoming 1.1 version update?

Hi theevil128 ,

no, the price will remain the same with v1.1.
      Most likely the price will remain the same even after the other updates. I could slightly increase it only if I see that I am going to invest a lot of time on it, but the main focus remains to give you a simple and handy tool for thumbnails creation and materials preview.

Anyway, v1.1 is almost ready for submission to the marketplace, so grab a copy if you like!
      And thanks for checking it out!

Nazzareno Giannelli
      CTO | Senior 3D Artist
      myD3SIGN Ltd

+39 335 13 12 044
      nazzareno@myd3sign.com

Comment

Oh thats neat and yes i'll check it out as fast as possible.
        Thats what i need dunno have don't make my own shaderball and scene for material preview.
        Meshabyte @ CGTrader

Comment

Cyberglobe ,

First: It is really nice Preview scene and does what ist should. Second: Since v1.1 i found that i can't use Master Material Instance's onto mesh only Master_Mats.
          In v1.0 was all fine with Material Instances.
          Why is it?

Meshabyte @ CGTrader

Comment

Cyberglobe ,

First: It is really nice Preview scene and does what ist should. Second: Since v1.1 i found that i can't use Master Material Instance's onto mesh only Master_Mats.
            Why is it?
            It's probably because of how I strunctured the Blueprint and the option in the Blueprint details panel is looking only for materials and not for material instances. Thanks for let me know that. I'll try to fix it with the next update. For the time being the only option I guess is to Edit the Blueprint and manually assign the material instances on the different meshes inside the blueprint.
            Sorry again for the inconvenience. In the meantime if I find a workaround until the new update is up, i'll let you know.

Nazzareno Giannelli
            CTO | Senior 3D Artist
            myD3SIGN Ltd

+39 335 13 12 044
            nazzareno@myd3sign.com

Comment

Cyberglobe ,

Why is it?
              theevil128

So I found a solution for that. I am able to include material instances in the blueprint as you can see here

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mat_instance_BP.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	1442885

For now if you wanna select a material instance instead of a regular material you can switch between them ticking or unticking the check box that says "Use a Mat Instance".
              I don't know how much proficient you are with blueprints. If you need instances as soon as possible I can post the new blueprint structure so that you can replicate it until I update the product.
              Let me know
              In the meantime I'll try to find maybe some more clever way to solve this...even if it's not looking so bad even like this.

Nazzareno Giannelli
              CTO | Senior 3D Artist
              myD3SIGN Ltd

+39 335 13 12 044
              nazzareno@myd3sign.com

Comment

Good to see thats going on to fix this. And no, i can wait for fix. No problem.
                Meshabyte @ CGTrader

Comment

Cyberglobe , hi are the update submitted? Ive to previewing some materials for the marketplace this time and need the fix for material instances.
                  Meshabyte @ CGTrader

Comment

Cyberglobe , hi are the update submitted? Ive to previewing some materials for the marketplace this time and need the fix for material instances.
                    Hi theevil128
                    I was trying to complete some other feature before pushing an update, but I can try to submit it tomorrow has a minor fix and hopefully it will be live quickly.

Nazzareno Giannelli
                    CTO | Senior 3D Artist
                    myD3SIGN Ltd

+39 335 13 12 044
                    nazzareno@myd3sign.com

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberglobe View Post

Hi theevil128
                      I was trying to complete some other feature before pushing an update, but I can try to submit it tomorrow has a minor fix and hopefully it will be live quickly.
                      But should understand that it is useless in this condition without material instances. Nobody Uses 50+ Master Materials for the same sheme of material.
                      I hope i get my hands on the update soon.
                      Meshabyte @ CGTrader

Comment

An update for all of you!

v1.2 is shaping well!
                        New drapes, cameras and pre-baked scenes for fabric materials!

Here a sneak peak of the update

Click image for larger version  Name:	cloth1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	88.4 KB ID:	1474039Click image for larger version  Name:	cloth2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	63.6 KB ID:	1474040Click image for larger version  Name:	HighresScreenshot00000.jpg Views:	1 Size:	57.1 KB ID:	1474041Click image for larger version  Name:	HighresScreenshot00001.jpg Views:	1 Size:	64.6 KB ID:	1474042Click image for larger version  Name:	cloth3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	83.2 KB ID:	1474043Click image for larger version  Name:	cloth4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	58.3 KB ID:	1474044Click image for larger version  Name:	HighresScreenshot00002.jpg Views:	1 Size:	55.1 KB ID:	1474045Click image for larger version  Name:	HighresScreenshot00003.jpg Views:	1 Size:	75.2 KB ID:	1474046

Let me know if you have any specific request or advice regard├Čng fabric materials or the Materials Showcase in general!

Cheers

Nazzareno

Nazzareno Giannelli
                        CTO | Senior 3D Artist
                        myD3SIGN Ltd

+39 335 13 12 044
                        nazzareno@myd3sign.com

Comment

Working...
                        X