Character Customizer (Version 4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking great!

One issue I'm having is that the female and male meshes don't share a skeleton and can't share animations as a result. Any chance in getting this changed?

Comment

Running into a bit of a problem here. The female and male meshes don't share a skeleton so we can't re-use animations between the two. Is this something that can be fixed in a future update?
      @Overlawled

Comment

Originally posted by HailstoneRyan View Post
        Running into a bit of a problem here. The female and male meshes don't share a skeleton so we can't re-use animations between the two. Is this something that can be fixed in a future update?
        Isn't it the case to set the epic skeleton during import? try it out!
        Nilson Lima
        Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
        Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
        supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

Isn't it the case to set the epic skeleton during import? try it out!
          Not sure I'm understanding. I can't re-import without the FBX files, no? I've re-targeted all our animations to the male skeleton, seems unnecessary to do that for the female one as well when they share the same hierarchy.
          @Overlawled

Comment

Since they have different proportions they need different skeletons. No way of having same skeleton for both characters.
            Character Customizer

Comment

Not sure I'm understanding. I can't re-import without the FBX files, no? I've re-targeted all our animations to the male skeleton, seems unnecessary to do that for the female one as well when they share the same hierarchy.
              That would do. I was not aware the original FBX was not inside the package yet.

Which leads to a question: Is the skeleton compatible with epic skeleton or not?
              Nilson Lima

Comment

mlindborg

Looks interesting... But to be a compelling buy the female needs more voluptuous options/settings...
                So gotta run with Nelson's comment above. Make it less GI-Jane and more Viki Odintkova maybe...

Comment

Originally posted by franktech
                  Looks interesting... But to be a compelling buy it arguably needs more voluptuous settings...
                  So gotta go with Nelson's comment above. Make it less GI-Jane and more Viki Odintkova...
                  OK, opened the page search Viki Odintkova with wife just standing behind me... >.<
                  Nilson Lima

Comment

Which leads to a question: Is the skeleton compatible with epic skeleton or not?
                    What do you mean by compatible?
                    Character Customizer

Comment

Originally posted by mlindborg View Post

Since they have different proportions they need different skeletons. No way of having same skeleton for both characters.
                      Take a look at the Animation map in Content Examples. UE4 supports run-time retargeting with meshes that have differing proportions to cut down on repeated animations.

Edit: Just to test I re-assigned the female skeletal mesh to the male skeleton and the only issue I can see is a major pinch on the wrists.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FemalePinch.PNG
Views:	131
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	1443072

No FBX but I can confirm that it works with animations that support the Epic skeleton.
                      Last edited by HailstoneRyan; 03-13-2018, 07:53 PM.
                      @Overlawled

Comment

What do you mean by compatible?
                        Means share the same bone hierarchy. Overall everything to dismiss any doubt can be found here: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/...ation/Skeleton

The Skeleton Asset (which is not the Skeleton Mesh) is an asset created during mesh import. It is the Skeleton Asset which is related to the animation tracks.
                        Nilson Lima

Comment

Means share the same bone hierarchy. Overall everything to dismiss any doubt can be found here: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/...ation/Skeleton

The Skeleton Asset (which is not the Skeleton Mesh) is an asset created during mesh import. It is the Skeleton Asset which is related to the animation tracks.
                          Yes, they have the same hierarchy and pose so they're compatible if that's what you're referring to.
                          Character Customizer

Comment

Take a look at the Animation map in Content Examples. UE4 supports run-time retargeting with meshes that have differing proportions to cut down on repeated animations.

Edit: Just to test I re-assigned the female skeletal mesh to the male skeleton and the only issue I can see is a major pinch on the wrists.

No FBX but I can confirm that it works with animations that support the Epic skeleton.
                            This is the type of test which sometimes the Marketplace team does not do, and when someone purchase the asset and such things happens, causes a lot of trouble and it is given a very short time for you to fix, which in the end might produce a refund on your product. So be careful, test everything, don't rush the submission, make it perfect.

I will purchase the asset later and will do some tests too, but that will be in one week or two only, Im too busy with 3 products in development.

Nilson Lima

Comment

For some reason the female characters wrist twists were rotated 180 degrees in Maya. I'll fix that by the next update which will probably be tomorrow or the day after.
                              Character Customizer

Comment

For some reason the female characters wrist twists were rotated 180 degrees in Maya. I'll fix that by the next update which will probably be tomorrow or the day after.
                                Fantastic news mlindborg. I'll watch this thread for the update!
                                @Overlawled

Comment

Working...
                                X