Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Character Customizer (Version 4)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Imagine-Games View Post
    for some reason the drop down where you would choose a previous saved file doesn't seem to work... if i manually enter the name I used previously I can see that my character has been saved/ and loaded correctly... but if i just press that dropdown next to enter character name it is always blank...(theres also a "bug", if we can call it that, where if i put in the name of a female I can still select a male and she will load into his body-type) Click image for larger version Name:	image_195810.png Views:	4 Size:	69.2 KB ID:	1779246
    Yeah I believe I scrapped that at some point... In a previous iteration I added all the characters from CC_Characters to the combo box but this wasn't really a good idea to begin with. It should just be a text box. And probably there should be a check if a character with that name already exists in the level or something like that.
    Character Customizer

    Comment


      Click image for larger version

Name:	fixedcc.png
Views:	341
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	1779264 I actually fixed it, incase anyone needs this functionality.. just add this event construct to the character_selection widget.. Click image for larger version  Name:	characterselectfix.png Views:	0 Size:	235.2 KB ID:	1779262
      Attached Files

      Comment


        Hey Lindborg there seems to be a bug with the shorts? Click image for larger version

Name:	shorts_dont_transformwithMorphTarget.png
Views:	311
Size:	283.9 KB
ID:	1780238

        Comment


          Originally posted by Imagine-Games View Post
          Hey Lindborg there seems to be a bug with the shorts?[/ATTACH]
          Yes, it seems the morph targets for the shorts were lost in a version update somewhere. Thanks for pointing that out. If you email me I can send you the correct mesh.

          Incidentally I'm submitting a hotfix soon mostly aimed at simplifying swapping character blueprints, because it's something people keep emailing me about and I noticed the way it currently works requires a lot of redundant work and can probably be cut by like 2/3rds.
          Character Customizer

          Comment


            4.24 and 4.25 have now been updated to allow for easier migration between projects/character blueprints.

            Now all you need to do is:

            1. Move the CharacterCustomizer folder to the content folder of your project
            2. Add the input events from CC_Character_BP to your input settings
            3. Copy the skeletal mesh components (UpperBody, Hair etc) from CC_Character_BP to your character blueprint
            4. Add the CharacterCustomizer component
            5. Copy everything from the event graph and the construction script, recreate all variables and set variable settings for replication/instance editable/expose on spawn and update the default values
            6. Update the Spring Arm reference in the construction script to the spring arm of the new character blueprint and set camera FOV to 60 (or change camera settings to compensate)
            7. (optional) Update animation blueprint in the construction script
            8. (recommended) Create a male and a female instance of the character blueprint
            9. (recommended) Copy over functionality from the CC animation blueprints, such as LookAt, expressions, body physics, footwear offsets

            And it should just work, no casting required . If you want to add this to your existing project without updating the entire thing you will have to replace the UMG folder, the CharacterCustomizer component, the character blueprints as well as the various hair and clothing animation blueprints.

            On top of that I fixed the shorts, as mentioned above, and replaced the existing very oversized skin normal detail texture.
            Character Customizer

            Comment


              A user reminded me of a structure bug - you can replicate it by unequipping all clothing (selecting </> in each category) and it will incorrectly equip the default clothing instead. I've had this happen before and although I don't understand why it happens it's pretty easy to fix. If you go into CC_Saved_Variables in \Project_Files, at the bottom the Apparel Names are assigned to 01, 02, 03 etc which are the empty slots in the datatables. If you match these default values in-game, for whatever reason the structure won't read properly and you'll end up with the default values of the structure reference from the Character Customizer component instead. It's very strange but easily preventable if you rename the default values from 01, 02, 03 etc to some random name that isn't used by the datatables like "none".
              Character Customizer

              Comment


                How to fix these errors ?
                Last edited by Jony6234; 07-16-2020, 05:59 AM.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Jony6234 View Post
                  How to fix these errors ?
                  It says in the post right above yours

                  "6. Update the Spring Arm reference in the construction script to the spring arm of the new character blueprint"
                  Character Customizer

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by mlindborg View Post
                    4.24 and 4.25 have now been updated to allow for easier migration between projects/character blueprints.

                    Now all you need to do is:

                    1. Move the CharacterCustomizer folder to the content folder of your project
                    2. Add the input events from CC_Character_BP to your input settings
                    3. Copy the skeletal mesh components (UpperBody, Hair etc) from CC_Character_BP to your character blueprint
                    4. Add the CharacterCustomizer component
                    5. Copy everything from the event graph and the construction script, recreate all variables and set variable settings for replication/instance editable/expose on spawn and update the default values
                    6. Update the Spring Arm reference in the construction script to the spring arm of the new character blueprint and set camera FOV to 60 (or change camera settings to compensate)
                    7. (optional) Update animation blueprint in the construction script
                    8. (recommended) Create a male and a female instance of the character blueprint
                    9. (recommended) Copy over functionality from the CC animation blueprints, such as LookAt, expressions, body physics, footwear offsets

                    And it should just work, no casting required . If you want to add this to your existing project without updating the entire thing you will have to replace the UMG folder, the CharacterCustomizer component, the character blueprints as well as the various hair and clothing animation blueprints.

                    On top of that I fixed the shorts, as mentioned above, and replaced the existing very oversized skin normal detail texture.
                    would you mind to make video tutorials? your product is the best character costumizer available in the market and there is some info spread here in the forums about it but video tutorials are aways welcome ! products like ABK, SGK, wich have a lot of sells and most of people use, have tons of video tutorials that is why they are famous, also because the amazing content.

                    Regards!!

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by IrvinMG View Post

                      would you mind to make video tutorials? your product is the best character costumizer available in the market and there is some info spread here in the forums about it but video tutorials are aways welcome ! products like ABK, SGK, wich have a lot of sells and most of people use, have tons of video tutorials that is why they are famous, also because the amazing content.

                      Regards!!
                      I hear you, but unfortunately I don't have the time. Thing is, Character Customizer is a project that involves many different areas of content creation/scripting. People have asked me for tutorials on 3D modeling, animation, rigging, texturing, UI design, even general game scripting. I can't keep up with the demand.

                      The time I do put into this project I prefer to spend on working on updates, making it more accessible by design. If you have a question I will try to answer it, preferably by email, and the more concrete your question is the higher chance I can give you a good answer.
                      Character Customizer

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by mlindborg View Post

                        I hear you, but unfortunately I don't have the time. Thing is, Character Customizer is a project that involves many different areas of content creation/scripting. People have asked me for tutorials on 3D modeling, animation, rigging, texturing, UI design, even general game scripting. I can't keep up with the demand.

                        The time I do put into this project I prefer to spend on working on updates, making it more accessible by design. If you have a question I will try to answer it, preferably by email, and the more concrete your question is the higher chance I can give you a good answer.
                        wow, now i agree with u.
                        Thanks!

                        Comment


                          Small update today which fixes gamepad controls not working properly for the hair widget because I forgot to update some variables in the previous update a month ago. Should only concern people who have downloaded the project since June 27th, in which case you can download an updated version of the project and replace CC_Hair_Menu in ...\UMG\Widgets folder. Don't do this if you're not using the June 27 update though because it will break the menu.
                          Character Customizer

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X