Character Customizer (Version 4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mlindborg View Post

Compute skincache requires a restart to take effect so maybe it wasn't activated the first time you opened the project. Either way hard UV edges are unavoidable with it on so maybe just turn it off.
    i disabled it and restart the editor but the neck problem is there :`

Comment

Originally posted by kalakus View Post

i disabled it and restart the editor but the neck problem is there :`
      Try changing skin normal tiling in the body material instance to 60-70. I think it's just the fact that the head has higher UV resolution so it doesn't look completely seamless. You can't really tell though unless you're staring at the neck from very close.
      Character Customizer

Comment

Try changing skin normal tiling in the body material instance to 60-70. I think it's just the fact that the head has higher UV resolution so it doesn't look completely seamless. You can't really tell though unless you're staring at the neck from very close.
        i think it will be cool to have a seamless body - head for close render , also in some gameplay real situation the camera can zoom on the neck when colliding with wall or object some time.
        just a suggestion

a real example:

Camera colliding with the wall and cause a zoom:

The model quality is really awesome, it will be cool to have a seamless body-head, you're doing an awesome work anyway, if you can fix this little problem the model is the best out in the marketplace, just for let you know
        Last edited by kalakus; 03-12-2018, 06:00 AM.

Comment

The textures for skin/lips are great! Are you using Mari? It really does not look like amateur job to me. I congratulate you!

Nilson Lima
          Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
          Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
          supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Ive been following this thread. Im just wondering ETA time until release (fully working asset, no issues)
            Also, maybe another ETA for the body types?Would really like a slighly more ripped body, or maybe a morph body that can make it look abit stronger.

Awesome work!

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post
              The textures for skin/lips are great! Are you using Mari? It really does not look like amateur job to me. I congratulate you!
              Thank you, I mostly use photoshop

​​​
              Originally posted by Namesis View Post
              Ive been following this thread. Im just wondering ETA time until release (fully working asset, no issues)
              Also, maybe another ETA for the body types?Would really like a slighly more ripped body, or maybe a morph body that can make it look abit stronger.

Awesome work!
              I added body morphs a few days ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4R_BOPeoow

ETA for marketplace is maybe 1 week+however long epic takes
              Character Customizer

Comment

Does anyone know marketplace etiquette? Can there be no female nipples at all? Like do I have to put a texture on top or something?
                You might not put a "nipple" picture or post a video linked in the store showing them.

About the contents:
                - the customizer can cover the tip or the entire breast, you can make this a feature by the way.
                - with clothes you remove the cover and user can narrow the size.
                - option to make breast bigger and/or pointy please!!
                Nilson Lima

Comment

mlindborg Hello, i'm trying to add the clothes manually, but i have some problem with small holes, if i use your widget menu everything is ok, can maybe ask you what i miss?
                  I've tryed adding the clothes on the mesh and also from blueprint (looking from your "set mesh" widget function)

(I don't need the character customizer widget, i just need pre-build character with only editable clothes, so i was thinking to move the mesh on Pawn and add the clothes from blueprint later/on runtime)

Thanks again for your support.
                  Last edited by kalakus; 03-12-2018, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kalakus View Post
                    mlindborg Hello, i'm trying to add the clothes manually, but i have some problem with small holes, if i use your widget menu everything is ok, can maybe ask you what i miss?
                    I've tryed adding the clothes on the mesh and also from blueprint (looking from your "set mesh" widget function)

(I don't need the character customizer widget, i just need pre-build character with only editable clothes, so i was thinking to move the mesh on Pawn and add the clothes from blueprint later/on runtime)

Thanks again for your support.
                    You're missing the mask, you would have to apply it manually in the body material instance.
                    Character Customizer

Comment

You're missing the mask, you would have to apply it manually in the body material instance.
                      When you have one minute can you show me one screenshot, i'm not sure where to looking at

Edit
                      Founded, i will try to archive something from blueprint now, thanks for addressing me to the right way
                      Last edited by kalakus; 03-12-2018, 05:19 PM.

Comment

thanks for the answers man!

i have two more questions:
                        1. How easy is it to make a mask, if I will have custom armor skeletal meshes?
                        2. What would happen if i equip a hauberk with the mask, and then equip lets say a plate armor with thr mask on top of it? Would the hauberk hide or the mask would only affect the skin?

thanks man! Waiting for a finished product here!

Comment

Originally posted by Namesis View Post
                          thanks for the answers man!

i have two more questions:
                          1. How easy is it to make a mask, if I will have custom armor skeletal meshes?
                          2. What would happen if i equip a hauberk with the mask, and then equip lets say a plate armor with thr mask on top of it? Would the hauberk hide or the mask would only affect the skin?

thanks man! Waiting for a finished product here!
                          The masks are only applied to the body material so you would have to make sure the outer layer sits on top of the inner.

Creating masks is simple if you have a 3d program where you can paint on the body, or you can export the UVs and do it in photoshop/paint
                          Character Customizer

Comment

Just a piece of advice before you submit to the marketplace, about the naming conventions to be consistent and the folder structure aswel. I recommend take a look on some of the Epic's free assets to get familiar with this in case you dont know yet. Any source file to be include in a separate folder (photoshop files and FBXes).

If you created the male and female from your own mind all is ok, but if you used reference photos, it is important to have authorization from these people in written form granting you to use their image (contract with signature and copy of any document with their signature would do and they shall not be underage) as models and that you can transfer this right to the people who will purchase your asset. Even if marketplace would accept without those, I know by experience in my country that I can't (I live in Brazil).

This will reduce several iterations with the MP team and grant you at least one week less trouble, if not more.
                            Nilson Lima

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2131.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	1442959 I don't think that is really needed the reference photo, watch southpark, they literally recreate famous actor and anyone here know the intro signature about it, in the world is somethine really impossible that a model doesn't seems like a real person anyway. First or later you will maybe meet someone that seem's that game character.

Last edited by kalakus; 03-13-2018, 04:23 PM.

Comment

All depends on what you would do with the characters! If you use them in a way that hurt the person's image, they can and will sue you, since their image are used for a living, it is not like you and me. There is the golden rule for the comedians (which fits southpark) to be able to tell jokes about people (using their name, which is almost the same) and it is all ok, if no harm is done.
                                Nilson Lima

Comment

Working...
                                X