Character Customizer (Version 4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kalakus View Post
    Just one question, is possible to create a character without using your editor and change the clothes and hair on demand? (like a prebuilded blueprint character that can change only some parameter on demand)

Also buying on gumroad will give me the updates? i never buyed from github
    You can set default parameters for the character and it will load them on beginplay. For clothing you can just disable the autoload and put the clothes/masks manually.The save system is partitioned into functions like save hair, save morphs, save skin texture etc so it's pretty flexible in that regard.

Gumroad will be the main place I update and keep a log on changes since updating there is instant and convenient. Afaik on marketplace it takes a while to add updates so that will be for bigger releases.
    Character Customizer

Comment

Originally posted by mlindborg View Post

You can set default parameters for the character and it will load them on beginplay. For clothing you can just disable the autoload and put the clothes/masks manually.The save system is partitioned into functions like save hair, save morphs, save skin texture etc so it's pretty flexible in that regard.

Gumroad will be the main place I update and keep a log on changes since updating there is instant and convenient. Afaik on marketplace it takes a while to add updates so that will be for bigger releases.
      I want to give trust and i have buyed this for supporting you and your work.
      can i ask what is your workflow for creating clothes? are you using marvelous designer? did you plan in future to do a tutorial for creating clothes?
      i want to say that the quality of the model is superb, this seem's so awesome to be true.. are you sure you are an amateur?

To anyone, support this guy right now.

Last edited by kalakus; 03-11-2018, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Added a smaller update on gumroad - moved all variables and functions from the characterBP to a component to make it less clogged and more flexible.
        Character Customizer

Comment

can i ask what is your workflow for creating clothes? are you using marvelous designer? did you plan in future to do a tutorial for creating clothes?
          i want to say that the quality of the model is superb, this seem's so awesome to be true.. are you sure you are an amateur?

To anyone, support this guy right now.
          On average maybe 10% marvelous, 20% sculpting, 70% modeling. Later down the line I can maybe add tutorials for clothes/hair.
          Character Customizer

Comment

On average maybe 10% marvelous, 20% sculpting, 70% modeling. Later down the line I can maybe add tutorials for clothes/hair.
            I don't know what to say, this is really AWESOME, is even better than expected, thanks for your awesome work!

Comment

Looking really good.

Comment

Sorry for the double post, do you think will be possible to have the .fbx for importing inside Marvelous Designer for create new clothes? there is a lot of problem using the export fbx function inside UE4.

Comment

Sorry for the double post, do you think will be possible to have the .fbx for importing inside Marvelous Designer for create new clothes? there is a lot of problem using the export fbx function inside UE4.
                  Yeah I forgot about that, I'll include an FBX with the body morphs in the next update.
                  Character Customizer

Comment

Does anyone know marketplace etiquette? Can there be no female nipples at all? Like do I have to put a texture on top or something?
                    Character Customizer

Comment

Hey how much polgon have your chars? Im intressed to use it on high end mobile.

Comment

mlindborg there is any way to fix this little problem?

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxDonald View Post
                          Hey how much polgon have your chars? Im intressed to use it on high end mobile.
                          68k triangles at LOD0, 25k LOD1
                          Character Customizer

Comment

mlindborg there is any way to fix this little problem?
                            No, that happens because of the recompute tangent option in the mesh preview window. You can turn it off but it will make some morphs look bad.
                            Character Customizer

Comment

No, that happens because of the recompute tangent option in the mesh preview window. You can turn it off but it will make some morphs look bad.
                              i'm not sure about that but yesterday i didn't got this problem, i didn't change any settings.

Comment

i'm not sure about that but yesterday i didn't got this problem, i didn't change any settings.
                                Compute skincache requires a restart to take effect so maybe it wasn't activated the first time you opened the project. Either way hard UV edges are unavoidable with it on so maybe just turn it off.
                                Character Customizer

Comment

Working...
                                X