Character Customizer (Version 4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kalakus View Post

is not a long tutorial to be honest, yesterday i didn't have any time, I'll try to do it today, sorry for the delay.
    No worries

Comment

jojo8026

Create a third person blueprint project

Open the character customizer and move the content of character customizer folder to your project content folder like showed in this image:

Result:

Open female_animbp or male_animbp, in my case i choose the female one

Set the animgraph like this: (we're getting the speed for making the character moving)
      (the Speed variable is just the vector lenght result promoted as a new variable, you can also create a new float variable and set it)

Now open the mannequin skeleton and set from none to Humanoid

Retarget the mannequin animbp

Create a new state machine and connect to the final result as showed:

Drag the ThirdPerson_IdleRun_2D inside the graph and connect it

Set the speed variable

and you need to fix the input inside the project settings or copy the input from the character customizer project, i just fixed the movement, you need to fix the mouse rotation.

At this point you have all the third person project animation usable and working, if something is not clear let me know, remember to fix the max walk speed on the character blueprint, this value need to match with the idle_2d speed value.

If you prefer after retargeting you can just change the default animblueprint to the new one inside the character, you need in anycase to fix the project input or the character will not moving.
      Last edited by kalakus; 03-24-2018, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Thats a great step-by-step.

Im getting back to the hair shader and I will post something like this guide. So everyonce can do it too.
        Nilson Lima
        Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
        Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
        supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

So I got it working, thank you so much, but now I have another problem, how do I put clothes on her?
          Do I need to attach the jeans to a socket or what?

kalakus

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post
            Thats a great step-by-step.

Im getting back to the hair shader and I will post something like this guide. So everyonce can do it too.
            Thanks, i just prefer custom animation, as i said before i don't really like the third person default animation at all, is just good for basic testing but nothing more, but is easy to change the 2d animation blueprint with custom animation transition (idle -> walking -> run).

it will be cool to see something about the hair shader, thanks.

Originally posted by jojo8026
            So I got it working, thank you so much, but now I have another problem, how do I put clothes on her?
            Do I need to attach the jeans to a socket or what?
            You can setup inside the input a key for open the widget that mlindborg created... so this is what you can do:

A) you can use the widget to create a cloth, morph and hair, save it and inside the character blueprint load the clothes and the morph (you can do a save with the same name for the morph and for the clothes, this create a single save file that store morph, hair and clothes)
            B) you can do exactly what you're doing now, but you need to set the custom texture mask for the clothes.
            Last edited by kalakus; 03-24-2018, 09:52 AM.

Comment

I would think I would need to socket the Jeans to the pelvis and the shirt to the upper body somewhere
              kalakus

Comment

Originally posted by jojo8026 View Post
                I would think I would need to socket the Jeans to the pelvis and the shirt to the upper body somewhere
                kalakus
                as you can see if you create a new skeletal mesh under your character mesh the clothes fits, there is no need to socket it, you need to apply the animation blueprint and the texture mask. I've done this on character_bp, but this is actually wrong, is just for example, you need to do it on female / male blueprint or on your own blueprint character.

This is for create a character with pre-builded clothes on it.

An example with a new character blueprint:

I don't actually know how to change the morph of the character, probably must done inside the blueprint, i will check it later.

Hope this help.
                Last edited by kalakus; 03-24-2018, 10:22 AM.

Comment

kalakus
                  I am trying to use this on a 4.18 project and everything is working fine except the clothes fitting, the shoes do not fit on the male for some reason, is there something I am doing wrong?

Comment

kalakus
                    I am trying to use this on a 4.18 project and everything is working fine except the clothes fitting, the shoes do not fit on the male for some reason, is there something I am doing wrong?

Yes, you're using the Female shoes on a male character, try with m_sneaker please also you don't need to change position and rotation of the clothes (it fits automatically so set all to 0 except for the scale that must be 1 | 1 | 1) and remember always to rotate your character mesh of -90 degrees on Z axis.

(you can't fit female clothes on male and vice-versa)
                    Last edited by kalakus; 03-24-2018, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kalakus View Post

Yes, you're using the Female shoes on a male character, try with m_sneaker please also you don't need to change position and rotation of the clothes (it fits automatically so set all to 0 except for the scale that must be 1 | 1 | 1) and remember always to rotate your character mesh of -90 degrees on Z axis.

(you can't fit female clothes on male and vice-versa)
                      kalakus
                      Yeah they still are not working lol, they worked last time, don't know what I am doing wrong

Comment

kalakus
                        Yeah they still are not working lol, they worked last time, don't know what I am doing wrong

Shoes:

Character Mesh:

Your Location and rotation settings for the shoes and for the character mesh are wrong.

There is no need to change any settings if you follow this rules:
                        1) When you select a Mesh set the Z axis rotation to -90 degrees (minus 90) (only for the character mesh, not for the clothes) you setted it at 90 and that is wrong
                        2) You can adjust the Z location (not rotation) of the character mesh as your need
                        3) When you import the clothes mesh you don't need to touch anything else, you only need to set the animbp, you can customize the materials if you want but you don't need to change the location, rotation or scale in any way. you setted it wrongly here.
                        Last edited by kalakus; 03-24-2018, 11:32 AM.

Comment

kalakus My jeans are clipping a little, is there a way I can fix this?

Comment

kalakus My jeans are clipping a little, is there a way I can fix this?
                            yes, you need to apply the mask on the male skin material

Comment

This is my first finding on the hair shader. It indeed improves messing with specular values that Im showing in this short video:

Disclaimer: video do show some nipples, so if this offend you, do not watch!!

I need to do some hard debugging in one of my project and I will get back with this soon.

I took the freedom to show-off the video (all as WIP for the mlindborg ) at twitter and also point to this thread. If you think I crossed some border, just let me know.
                              Nilson Lima
                              Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                              Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                              supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Just so you know, the scatter parameter is set dynamically based on the lightness value of the color you choose

In CC_hair_color_picker
                                Character Customizer

Comment

Working...
                                X