Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Character Customizer (Version 3)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Can't tell what the problem is. Try unplugging pins in the skin material one by one, you should be able to find out what's causing it.
    Character Customizer

    Comment


      Rendear Soft Not sure if it's what you are experiencing, but I had a similar issue and it came down to my character's bound scale being too big. If you use the Show>Advanced>bounds in the main window, and then simulate, you can see if the bounds are going over a light source. Anything that does will render black, which is why the character's body, with the largest bounds, turns black, while the accessories are lit normally.

      Comment


        Anyone has a tip where to get some Fantasy Clothing to use with CC? And also some more hair?

        mlindborg Do you have some plans to release some add-on clothes / hair? Perhaps as a separate pack?

        Comment


          Originally posted by Giorgiu View Post
          Anyone has a tip where to get some Fantasy Clothing to use with CC? And also some more hair?

          mlindborg Do you have some plans to release some add-on clothes / hair? Perhaps as a separate pack?
          Maybe Daz assets can be repurposed for the CC characters, if that's within their EULA. Either way you'll have to conform and bind them in some 3D software.

          I've had plans to release separate packs for a while but I've been busy with other things and there's still quite a lot I'd like to do with the base project first.
          Character Customizer

          Comment


            I was checking Daz shop lately, but it seems like a good place only if you want bikini or extravagant armors :-D

            Anyway, what updates are you planning with CC? You just made me curious...

            Comment


              Originally posted by Giorgiu View Post
              I was checking Daz shop lately, but it seems like a good place only if you want bikini or extravagant armors :-D

              Anyway, what updates are you planning with CC? You just made me curious...
              For the 4.25 update, which will be delayed for sure, I'm redoing the UI to be gamepad compatible, better looking and more responsive, more like something you would actually see in a game. The current UI hasn't changed much in 1 ½ years and it's pretty bad honestly.

              Another change I'm working on is making the clothing menu more flexible. Right now there's a lot of stringency in how clothes can be shaped if you want every item to be able to be worn with every other item - I'm solving this by allowing items to occupy more than one slot. For example I've been wanting to make a dress for the female character, but I haven't been able to since the lower body clothing would clip through it. It doesn't matter if you're just demoing but in an actual game it would matter. The easiest way to solve that is by having the dress occupy both the upper body and lower body slots. If you want to make a complete outfit, like a superhero costume or a jumpsuit or something, you can just assign it to occupy every slot. That way things remain consistent and you have full artistic freedom to do whatever outfit you want.

              Ideally I'd like to update the character presets and add some more hair but I probably have to wait with that.
              Character Customizer

              Comment


                Originally posted by mlindborg View Post

                For the 4.25 update, which will be delayed for sure, I'm redoing the UI to be gamepad compatible, better looking and more responsive, more like something you would actually see in a game. The current UI hasn't changed much in 1 ½ years and it's pretty bad honestly.

                Another change I'm working on is making the clothing menu more flexible. Right now there's a lot of stringency in how clothes can be shaped if you want every item to be able to be worn with every other item - I'm solving this by allowing items to occupy more than one slot. For example I've been wanting to make a dress for the female character, but I haven't been able to since the lower body clothing would clip through it. It doesn't matter if you're just demoing but in an actual game it would matter. The easiest way to solve that is by having the dress occupy both the upper body and lower body slots. If you want to make a complete outfit, like a superhero costume or a jumpsuit or something, you can just assign it to occupy every slot. That way things remain consistent and you have full artistic freedom to do whatever outfit you want.

                Ideally I'd like to update the character presets and add some more hair but I probably have to wait with that.
                Sounds nice...

                When you're about to change the UI, could you change apparel with two materials so we can pick both materials independently?

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Giorgiu View Post

                  Sounds nice...

                  When you're about to change the UI, could you change apparel with two materials so we can pick both materials independently?
                  People have requested it before but I think it would set a bad standard going forward - you would end up with too many materials, far more than necessary. I only use secondary materials in two cases 1) when using different blend modes like for glass 2) when I combined new items like the jacket with existing items like the tshirt not to have to re-UV everything. In 99% of cases you should use an ID map and change tints/textures on the material instance instead of using multiple materials per mesh. Altering material parameters in the menu would be a bit more complicated than the current setup and ultimately what options you need depends on the game you're doing, not a lot of games need that precise customization, so I've just left it as it is since it works in the majority of cases.
                  Character Customizer

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X