Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Character Customizer (Version 3)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Uploaded a 4.24 hotfix that removes some log spam and fixes the cooking error detailed here: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...when-cook.html
    Character Customizer

    Comment


      Awesome. Version 3 was tremendous, addressed a lot of my challenges and being networked really is a game changer. I was wondering if it would be possible to post little Do-it-yourself images or paragraphs with updates. Many of us customize the package and integrate it into our projects and a full replacement just is too disruptive. Another one of my favorites packages does this and it allows me to include every single fix from patches into my projects. See an example here : https://defusestudios.com/added-use-...tack-montages/

      Thank you!

      Comment


        Originally posted by Worfeus View Post
        Awesome. Version 3 was tremendous, addressed a lot of my challenges and being networked really is a game changer. I was wondering if it would be possible to post little Do-it-yourself images or paragraphs with updates. Many of us customize the package and integrate it into our projects and a full replacement just is too disruptive. Another one of my favorites packages does this and it allows me to include every single fix from patches into my projects. See an example here : https://defusestudios.com/added-use-...tack-montages/

        Thank you!
        I could do something like that for smaller updates but probably not for this one. Every update contains a slew of changes to most blueprints in the project and at the end of it I can barely parse everything I've changed myself. Especially networking was very finicky since I had to rethink how the widgets communicate with the component and the component was redone completely.

        I think the easiest would be to copy and replace everything from /Project_Files, /UMG and /Apparel into your project, update the character blueprint and the animation blueprint (it's not much) and it should be pretty straight forward from there.
        Character Customizer

        Comment


          Oh totally, I didn't mean 3.0 - I already have that in my project and did as you recommended, I meant the hotfix that you posted about on 2/15

          Comment


            Originally posted by Worfeus View Post
            Oh totally, I didn't mean 3.0 - I already have that in my project and did as you recommended, I meant the hotfix that you posted about on 2/15
            Oh I see. I don't understand what's behind the struct related error messages but as it says in the answerhub page it seems to go away if you rename all instances of the struct (in both CC_Save_Object and the component) and then change the name back and save/compile everything.

            You can remove most log spam by resizing the 2nd_Materials array to the Materials array length, in AC_Button_Mesh on the event construct before the Add Material Buttons function, as well as in the save and load section in the component, under "Load apparel". Then add a valid check before applying 2nd Materials under "Save apparel materials". In "Load material parameters", resize the Colors array to the name array and add 3 elements to the Colors array in the original CC_Saved_Variables struct. And in CC_Picker_Morph, in the Get Active Morph Function, subtract one from the last index in the for loop. There might be something else but that should fix most of it.
            Character Customizer

            Comment


              Hi can you help me with body material for ES3.1? how i do this correct https://blueprintue.com/blueprint/rim_ajwh/

              Comment


                Originally posted by Rendear Soft View Post
                Hi can you help me with body material for ES3.1? how i do this correct https://blueprintue.com/blueprint/rim_ajwh/
                As far as I know the subsurface shading model doesn't work on mobile so set it to default lit and remove the pin from Opacity
                Character Customizer

                Comment


                  Originally posted by mlindborg View Post

                  As far as I know the subsurface shading model doesn't work on mobile so set it to default lit and remove the pin from Opacity
                  Yes i did like that but opacity mask work not ok
                  Attached Files

                  Comment


                    I think it's because the sampler type isn't set to Masks which seems to cause problems on mobile. In /Apparel, search for _mask and select all mask textures, right click and Asset Actions -> Bulk Edit via Property Matrix, then select all of them and under Compression change from Default to Masks. In the skin material, change the sampler type of all mask textures from Linear Color to Masks, then duplicate the Flat_White texture and call it something like Default_Mask, set its Compression setting to Masks and set that as the default texture for the masks in the material. Finally in F_Apparel_DataTable and M_Apparel_DataTable you need to change from Flat_White to Default_Mask for the items that use it. Let me know if that works.
                    Character Customizer

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by mlindborg View Post
                      I think it's because the sampler type isn't set to Masks which seems to cause problems on mobile. In /Apparel, search for _mask and select all mask textures, right click and Asset Actions -> Bulk Edit via Property Matrix, then select all of them and under Compression change from Default to Masks. In the skin material, change the sampler type of all mask textures from Linear Color to Masks, then duplicate the Flat_White texture and call it something like Default_Mask, set its Compression setting to Masks and set that as the default texture for the masks in the material. Finally in F_Apparel_DataTable and M_Apparel_DataTable you need to change from Flat_White to Default_Mask for the items that use it. Let me know if that works.
                      Yes its fix some but need more fixes for material
                      Attached Files

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Rendear Soft View Post

                        Yes its fix some but need more fixes for material
                        You have to reduce the number of textures in the material. Normally you can change the Sampler Source to circumvent that limitation but not on mobile. So you have to either pack or cull a few textures. For example you can remove the Underwear Texture and the Skin Micro Normal, and put the Teeth Mask in the blue channel of R_AO_SSS since you're not using the SSS mask.
                        Character Customizer

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by mlindborg View Post

                          You have to reduce the number of textures in the material. Normally you can change the Sampler Source to circumvent that limitation but not on mobile. So you have to either pack or cull a few textures. For example you can remove the Underwear Texture and the Skin Micro Normal, and put the Teeth Mask in the blue channel of R_AO_SSS since you're not using the SSS mask.
                          yes its works thanks, all liner color is masked, compression and from material, Age, Underwear, and SSS removed
                          https://blueprintue.com/blueprint/uf6e25gr/
                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                            As long as it works for you
                            Character Customizer

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by mlindborg View Post
                              As long as it works for you
                              something is wrong with build, build setting is ok, but test labs show me nothing from screen no one UMG and Character https://console.cloud.google.com/storage/browser/test-lab-cpm4qqpxqh54c-y5jv4jfk2fb68/web-build_2020-02-22T10:13:19.783Z_l9m5/NexusLowRes-26-ru_RU-portrait

                              https://storage.cloud.google.com/tes...rait/video.mp4

                              Comment


                                I dont know how to fix that...

                                This is material parameters:
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	118
Size:	538.5 KB
ID:	1725148

                                This is build settings for es3.1
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	120
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	1725149

                                I have no one light component scene but use emissive background
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	120
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	1725150

                                This is editor
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	4.png
Views:	118
Size:	518.8 KB
ID:	1725151

                                so after build its looks like

                                Click image for larger version

Name:	webbuild_20200224T09_55_23.128Z_nctr_dreamqlteue26ru_RUportrait_artifacts_23.png
Views:	129
Size:	389.5 KB
ID:	1725153Click image for larger version

Name:	webbuild_20200224T09_55_23.128Z_nctr_dreamqlteue26ru_RUportrait_artifacts_24.png
Views:	126
Size:	550.9 KB
ID:	1725154

                                Skin material same as clothiers material but cant view on device
                                Attached Files

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X