Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The lack of quality control hurts the marketplace. Do you agree that overall quality is low?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iron G View Post

yes. Most of us are new to this. We also try to fix old pack too.

About a animation. What is A pose ?

we also we we can get criticism on our work. So we can improve it.
    Indeed many sellers are polite, helpful and willing to improve products to please actual and potential customers.

Unfortunately there are others with rude manners and a childish attitude.
    I have been attacked on some products comments in the last few days because I asked for explanations due to the lack of detailed videos and pictures showing available variables for the claimed algorithms being sold in the asset or because I compared the high price and lack of content versus products from other sellers at the same price that have a lot more to offer. And some accounts appeared and attacked me in a rude and childish way asking Epic Games to ban me and such like I did something terribly wrong that shouldn't be allowed and so on.. and these accounts didn't reveal themselves as the sellers, then in a case a seller revealed telling that it is all about secrecy and the algorithm variables can't be shown despite me pointing out that other sellers with complex algorithms have been and are still obviously promoting their products showing the available variables and with detailed clear videos to let potential customers see how the product works and what it can do so that they know it is worth the price they ask for.
    I spent some well over $5,000 on the marketplace in the last 2 years and I will keep buying assets from sellers that are not afraid to show their products hoping that they would be helpful to fix any issues and that the products will be kept alive=updated to new UE versions.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkS474 View Post

Indeed many sellers are polite, helpful and willing to improve products to please actual and potential customers.

Unfortunately there are others with rude manners and a childish attitude.
      I have been attacked on some products comments in the last few days because I asked for explanations due to the lack of detailed videos and pictures showing available variables for the claimed algorithms being sold in the asset or because I compared the high price and lack of content versus products from other sellers at the same price that have a lot more to offer. And some accounts appeared and attacked me in a rude and childish way asking Epic Games to ban me and such like I did something terribly wrong that shouldn't be allowed and so on.. and these accounts didn't reveal themselves as the sellers, then in a case a seller revealed telling that it is all about secrecy and the algorithm variables can't be shown despite me pointing out that other sellers with complex algorithms have been and are still obviously promoting their products showing the available variables and with detailed clear videos to let potential customers see how the product works and what it can do so that they know it is worth the price they ask for.
      I spent some well over $5,000 on the marketplace in the last 2 years and I will keep buying assets from sellers that are not afraid to show their products hoping that they would be helpful to fix any issues and that the products will be kept alive=updated to new UE versions.

I know the asset you are talking about. Those other accounts that appeared were real people. Not all of them acted rude towards you and they were all indeed not the seller disguised in other accounts. There are a lot of other Marketplace Creators, as well as normal Users of the Marketplace that wanted to try to defuse situations like these. Whether the well-intentioned attempts ended with the opposite result is another matter.
      It also seems like the very first person who answered your comment on there, which was not the Creator of this Asset as far as I know, went indeed too far.
      And it also does not seem like anyone wanted to get you banned or censored. The only thing most of them wanted is that the Comment section of this asset gets cleaned up, since it really was going too far with some conversations on there.

I am not saying that you are wrong in this case, but I am also not saying that the commentators of this product were wrong.

The next part is more for everyone on the marketplace:

Everyone makes mistakes sometimes. No one should be targeted or feel targeted on a personal level on here.
      I ask everyone to pay attention to how you write your comments. Be objective, try to be friendly and helpful. If you don't like something, be sure to keep it really objective and don't attack anyone with your words.
      Sometimes it can be really difficult, but then try to solve your problems directly with each other and not make a public discussion out of it if it really isn't about the product.
      Making public discussions on personal levels does not help the Creator, nor the Asset and also not the one who is commenting, but it happens very often.

Comment

Originally posted by Divivor View Post

I know the asset you are talking about. Those other accounts that appeared were real people. Not all of them acted rude towards you and they were all indeed not the seller disguised in other accounts. There are a lot of other Marketplace Creators, as well as normal Users of the Marketplace that wanted to try to defuse situations like these. Whether the well-intentioned attempts ended with the opposite result is another matter.
        It also seems like the very first person who answered your comment on there, which was not the Creator of this Asset as far as I know, went indeed too far.
        And it also does not seem like anyone wanted to get you banned or censored. The only thing most of them wanted is that the Comment section of this asset gets cleaned up, since it really was going too far with some conversations on there.

I am not saying that you are wrong in this case, but I am also not saying that the commentators of this product were wrong.

The next part is more for everyone on the marketplace:

Everyone makes mistakes sometimes. No one should be targeted or feel targeted on a personal level on here.
        I ask everyone to pay attention to how you write your comments. Be objective, try to be friendly and helpful. If you don't like something, be sure to keep it really objective and don't attack anyone with your words.
        Sometimes it can be really difficult, but then try to solve your problems directly with each other and not make a public discussion out of it if it really isn't about the product.
        Making public discussions on personal levels does not help the Creator, nor the Asset and also not the one who is commenting, but it happens very often.
        Well take a look at that product page then because one of those accounts posted a series of comments with more direct personal insults and attacks against me asking Epic Games to ban me and so on. You say they are not involved with the developers then why they care so much up to the point to insult people?
        It is just absurd that such a childish behaviour is really happening. They surely didn't listen to you to calm down.
        I am here for business reasons and surely not to waste time in useless nonsense chatting with childish people that reply with insults and personal attacks and threats of banning me and other nonsense like that.
        There are no rules written by Epic Games that forbid actual and potential customers to ask questions to sellers and make comparisons with other products.
        I didn't break any rules. Period. And it is quite sad and silly that these childish people started insulting and attacking me instead of answering simple questions and showing their products features while at the same time they try playing the poor victims card of me being so bad .. for what? For asking questions?
        Getting insulted with threats of getting banned added to the mix is far from acting in a professional and respectful way.
        That account is accusing me of having spread toxicity and so I would have violated Epic Games rules... because I asked questions ?
        At the same time they keep insulting attacking and adding threats of me getting banned ... that is such a childish nonsense behavior. It is just plain nonsense. And a waste of time. I never replied insulting them to their insults and attacks, obviously I called them childish and told them to grow up which is not an insult but an advice because this is a business place and not a unmoderated social network but they keep going and getting worse.
        Last edited by DarkS474; 02-03-2019, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X