Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The lack of quality control hurts the marketplace. Do you agree that overall quality is low?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

You can ask Amanda.Bott about the correct number, but if Im not wrong there are current 4 million UE4 registered users, a number almost twice the size 1.5 years ago.
    maybe my item just suck :/

time to improve more i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

You can ask Amanda.Bott about the correct number, but if Im not wrong there are current 4 million UE4 registered users, a number almost twice the size 1.5 years ago.
      you are right as well that we can add as well that some creators are selling staff on other sites for example gumeroad or cubebrush etc

Comment

Can i ask ?

if i make mistake. Do customer able to blacklist me ?

Comment

Originally posted by Iron G View Post
          Can i ask ?

if i make mistake. Do customer able to blacklist me ?
          no. Only report if seller use some stolen content etc..

Comment

I only agree that everything is overpriced and is not free like on Unity.

Comment

Originally posted by thetomatofarmer View Post
              I can only speak of the materials category. I suspect that quality exceptions are made depending on whether or not these sub-par materials are filling a Content Void. This strategy diversifies what types of product are available for purchase, thus expanding sales territory. To be overly stringent on asset quality is to prolong the time it takes to diversify the marketplace. This can be seen as a waste of time, which is a waste of money.

Some brief observations from the materials category:

Spoiler
              This, this, and this.

___

I only agree that everything is overpriced and is not free like on Unity.
              You sir, have never even seen the unity marketplace if this is your statement.

Comment

Talk about quality.

the price in unreal engine re fixed. We cant sell solid $5

Comment

When we talked on the Creator's Hub about a year ago about how assets should be displayed, and I insisted that Steam, Amazon, your local groceries store, every shop in existence displays products by popularity, you disagreed with me.

Every creator, being afraid for their asset, insisted on egalitarianism and demanded that every asset should be displayed as much as any other. So now we have "my first 3d model"-quality assets featured on the front page, newcomers come to the store for the first time, see some pretty bad stuff and leave. Just so you could get featured 2 weeks per year, you've sacrificed the marketplace's featured section for it. Nobody benefits from this.
                  MMO Starter Kit
                  Dialogue Plugin
                  Voxel Plugin
                  Character Customization: Female
                  Character Custmization: Male

Comment

Originally posted by VictorBurgos View Post
                    Should be mandatory that ALL ART ASSETS are facing towards X+
                    Agreed. So many times i did export import thing (to apply correct rotation) just to get smoothing groups all messed up. Or naming convention, every texture or material is named differently (diff convention), need to go trough all that and fix.

However I think it is not lack of good will from asset creators (they make money from it, so they want best quality), it is just inexperience, most of them never did any game or worked on some projects. I see some people are improving, but it takes time to learn all quirks.

So we should give them constructive feedback, ones that improve will make better money, rest will fade.

And some constructive feedback for creators:
                    - do not make mixed pack that fits all kinds of project\game, almost nobody makes WW2, Medieval RPG and low poly platformer projects at once, so we do not need packs that have just few assets for each style. Make coherent packs, promise more packs in future for this same style. You will get better sales.
                    - there is enough of whooshes, plasma guns and scifi sounds already, i know they are easiest to create. Make more voice actors, some bigger variety of footsteps (different shoes), female voices, bigger voice packs from same actor.
                    - think about how your assets will be used. That different orientation of models is best example, almost every weapon pack have it done differently (like where they snap, orientation, socket names). Well i even found different names for muzzle socket in same weapon pack (like author could not decide if its muzzle flash, or muzzle or muzzle socket). All that stuff need to be fixed in asset or with extra code if for eg. i want attach emitter to that muzzle i need all different socket names.
                    - TPose and APose for characters and animations, please use APose, but also include TPose sequence anim done for skeleton you included, it simplifies retargetting. Fix your old packs, you are getting negative feedback, this may cost you some sales of new packs.

And for customers (like me):
                    - outdated engine version packs for assets that do not have code (sounds, animations, models) are not a problem besides that big download of old engine version. Just get it, load package and migrate to your project on new engine version, or force engine to add it despite of version difference (there is option that works for non code packages).

Comment

The funny thing is none of Epic's own assets follow any of the marketplace guidelines.
                      | Finite State Machine | Auto-Save Plugin | USQLite Plugin | Object-Pool | Sound-Occlusion | Anti-Cheat Plugin | Property Transfer Tool | Magic Nodes |

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
                        The funny thing is none of Epic's own assets follow any of the marketplace guidelines.
                        Which people use as examples when they start making content, and thus plays a big part in all the issues we end up complaining about here.

Check out my discord -> https://discord.gg/kQdVwJ3

Follow us on twitter to get updates on new products and special offers -> https://twitter.com/BlackFangTech

Black Fang Technologies' products -> https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...20Technologies

Comment

Having purchased quite a few hundred pounds worth of Marketplace content, I am extremely disappointed.
                          Currently I am only still using 2 out of all the content purchased (still same project).
                          I tried once to get a refund on a very expensive plug in that plainly did not do as originally advertised (at the time of purchase), went through a load of emails back and forth, then the vendor modifies the description (well removes a section that was flawed) and then heard nothing from Epic again..... shambles.

Products being released without any documentation (eventually arrives six weeks later).
                          Untested products that produce crashes when you attempt to change a variable.
                          Unexposed parameters that essentially lock you out of doing anything usefull with the product.
                          Very complex supposedly all singing and dancing code product V expensive, that still a year and a half after there is no video example, any support on discord or the forum descends into a chosen few exchanging technical banter, yet none of them have made a public project.

I do think Epic has a duty of care to QA all items that they place on the store

Disappointed nearly every time I'm afraid

Paul G

Comment

I think their rigid refund policy hurts more than it helps. I'm hesitant to buy anything after getting screwed over once. At least give us limited number of no questions asked refunds.

Comment

You can ask the author to refund as long didnt get past 30 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Nawrot View Post

Agreed. So many times i did export import thing (to apply correct rotation) just to get smoothing groups all messed up. Or naming convention, every texture or material is named differently (diff convention), need to go trough all that and fix.

However I think it is not lack of good will from asset creators (they make money from it, so they want best quality), it is just inexperience, most of them never did any game or worked on some projects. I see some people are improving, but it takes time to learn all quirks.

So we should give them constructive feedback, ones that improve will make better money, rest will fade.

And some constructive feedback for creators:
                                - do not make mixed pack that fits all kinds of project\game, almost nobody makes WW2, Medieval RPG and low poly platformer projects at once, so we do not need packs that have just few assets for each style. Make coherent packs, promise more packs in future for this same style. You will get better sales.
                                - there is enough of whooshes, plasma guns and scifi sounds already, i know they are easiest to create. Make more voice actors, some bigger variety of footsteps (different shoes), female voices, bigger voice packs from same actor.
                                - think about how your assets will be used. That different orientation of models is best example, almost every weapon pack have it done differently (like where they snap, orientation, socket names). Well i even found different names for muzzle socket in same weapon pack (like author could not decide if its muzzle flash, or muzzle or muzzle socket). All that stuff need to be fixed in asset or with extra code if for eg. i want attach emitter to that muzzle i need all different socket names.
                                - TPose and APose for characters and animations, please use APose, but also include TPose sequence anim done for skeleton you included, it simplifies retargetting. Fix your old packs, you are getting negative feedback, this may cost you some sales of new packs.

And for customers (like me):
                                - outdated engine version packs for assets that do not have code (sounds, animations, models) are not a problem besides that big download of old engine version. Just get it, load package and migrate to your project on new engine version, or force engine to add it despite of version difference (there is option that works for non code packages).
                                yes. Most of us are new to this. We also try to fix old pack too.

About a animation. What is A pose ?

we also we we can get criticism on our work. So we can improve it.
                                Last edited by Iron G; 02-02-2019, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X