No announcement yet.

Ocean Seasons - Another Ocean plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't open my project in 4.24 with the ocean plugin, what do I do?

Comment

Originally posted by PixelOscar View Post
      I can't open my project in 4.24 with the ocean plugin, what do I do?
      This thread has nothing to do with the FREE Community Ocean plugin. The asset described in this thread is not yet released to public. Please refer to the following thread:
      https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...roment-project
      Nilson Lima
      Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
      Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
      supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

Hi there! The project is alive, but we still can't give an ETA yet and for good reasons:
        a) we hired a new guy to help with the development last year;
        b) we are going to use the asset in a film and we need that translucency with real-time raytracing works in UE4, but currently it doesn't;
        c) before release we need to submit the patent request for few things we are doing and that takes time and requires "b" to be working;
        d) there are some slides from Epic which shows they are working on a Water solution for the engine, it is a shallow water solution and probably to enable realism while with real-time raytracing I think, so I will need to get more details regarding this before finishing the development.
        e) we want to deliver a complete product with no features to be added later (greatly annoy users sometimes having too much changes) and have it battle tested by some users before release while we also using it on our own works.

Based on the current UE4 roadmap, that might take long actually, so a couple more engine iterations 4.24 and 4.25 will get us there. We would love to have it ready and we do have work to apply it (like for yesterday >.<), but we can't compromise the legal safety, the quality and features we want to deliver.
        That's terrific news and thanks for taking your time and replaying. I am holding both if my thumbs for you and your team and can't way to see this on the marketplace.

Comment

Is this still being worked on?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Dogoven View Post
            Is this still being worked on?
            We are still on hold regarding this project. Since the pandemics, the developer I have hired flew back to his country (to support this family) and we don't have anyone working actively on this. Also, I have been studying another approach on the water rendering which will perform better for crushing waves at shore and eliminate rendering sort issues.

We will do it, but the priority is currently below other things we are doing, not to mention that all the pandemics situation shifted a lot the priorities with the work on the FX area dropping quite some in our case.
            Nilson Lima
            Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
            Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
            supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Working...
            X