No announcement yet.

Dragon IK (Inverse Kinematics) Plugin [SUPPORT]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currently the initial version of the plugin is ready for submission . I am on the process getting the store listings,showcase and documentations ready. Will update here on how it goes.

Comment

letting everyone know the plugin was recently submitted and epic said it would take within 15 days to verify the submission. Will update here when it is approved .

meanwhile , providing another quick how-to video on the plugin applying it on a marketplace lion rig.

Comment

well, they said i need to build it for 4.20(since it is the latest) before they can start reviewing , so i gotta update my plugin. But so many crash problems just got introduced from updating my plugin to 4.20 for reasons(still not figured out). Updating from 4.17 till 4.19 was a breeze but not 4.20 . Will update if i make progress with the submission.

Comment

nice.....!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

FINALLY !!

The plugin is now available in the marketplace.

Early bird discount of 50% for the first week.

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...rse-kinematics

Comment

EDIT: i had spine and pelvis backwards, which caused a crash.. changing those 2 bone names fixed it! now time to scale this down for RAT
              old post: "ive got an engine crash when using this... i sent you an email, please be on the lookout"
              Last edited by Imagine-Games; 08-29-2018, 05:03 PM.

Comment

EDIT again, noob mcnoobster here: i figured it out its pretty much just the same as animals but with only the 2 feet... duh... but still would be nice to see the optimal settings used, theres a lot of variables i dont quite understand...
                old post"can you add a tutorial for applying it the ue4 humanoid skeleton?"
                Last edited by Imagine-Games; 08-29-2018, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Imagine-Games View Post
                  EDIT: i had spine and pelvis backwards, which caused a crash.. changing those 2 bone names fixed it! now time to scale this down for RAT
                  old post: "ive got an engine crash when using this... i sent you an email, please be on the lookout"
                  That is an exception i need to handle (I thought i handled it but i guess this slipped through in the final stages). Thanks for letting me know. Will submit an update that handles this crash this weekend.

Originally posted by Imagine-Games View Post
                  EDIT again, noob mcnoobster here: i figured it out its pretty much just the same as animals but with only the 2 feet... duh... but still would be nice to see the optimal settings used, theres a lot of variables i dont quite understand...
                  old post"can you add a tutorial for applying it the ue4 humanoid skeleton?"
                  So does this mean the ik finally work on your rat ? I had suggested in the email it might have to do with supplying 15 for the alpha in the SpineSolver. Will post a couple of series of tutorials soon. But meanwhile, you can download the example project from the marketplace. That one already has the mannequin ik setup example along with 3 other examples (bear,wolf and spider)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MI...JO5CJf2Pd3lIfg

I will be simplifying the variables and the documentation as i get more feedback from users. They will be modified iteratively. I can also understand few of the variables does not make much sense(like "vertical solver upper scale"). It can help me in that regard if you can point to the parts which you do not understand.

Will be creating a proper tutorial soon.

Let me know of any other problems you would be facing.
                  Last edited by codehawk64; 08-29-2018, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Created a public trello board so the future updates and bug fixes of the plugin can be followed up.

https://trello.com/b/LVmPuyPH/dragonik-development

The link is also available in the marketplace description.
                    Last edited by codehawk64; 09-02-2018, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Version 3 (0.92) is submitted and should be available soon.

Version notes :

Improvements :

- An additional input variable to be exposed to the spine solver called "Forced Activation". This will force the character to solve as long as the line tracing hits the terrain. Jumping cannot be performed since the character is stuck into the ground but the IK can still be toggled on/off using the "Enable Solver" input. This can provide complete control to the user to control the activation of the ik in case the automatic activation/deactivation is unsatisfactory.

- Additional controls for the spine solver to provide a base offset, for both pelvis and chest. It will be named "Base Z Offset" under both pelvis and Chest properties.

- New input variable called "Base Post Solve Offset". This is a vector input, which can offset your overall character with the solved result.

- Additional feature to control the twist direction of the knees in the foot solver. The input is the "Feet Yaw Offset". The functionality of "Feet Yaw Offset" is completely changed compared to the initial version, where its job is to offset the yaw rotation of the feet alone. Now its responsible is to control the twist direction of the knee.

Bug Fixes :

- Some skeletal meshes sink into the ground or float in the air because the root bones are not at (0,0,0). Dependency on the root bone as reference to calculate heights to be discarded.

- reversed or duplicate bone supplied to the "Pelvis" and "Spine_Start" leads to crash

- A bug in the feet rotations. It points always in the forward direction of the character. The base yaw rotation of the feet should persist.

- Additional feature to control the twist direction of the knees in the foot solver. The input is the "Feet Yaw Offset" among the feet array struct. The functionality of "Feet Yaw Offset" is completely changed compared to the initial version, where its job is to offset the yaw rotation of the feet alone. Now its responsibility is only to control the twist direction of the knee.

Example cases on the mannequin regarding the usage of "Feet Yaw Offset"

foot_l : -1000
                      foot_r : 1000

Click image for larger version  Name:	ver1.PNG Views:	1 Size:	190.0 KB ID:	1523374

foot_l : 0
                      foot_r : 0

Click image for larger version  Name:	ver3.PNG Views:	1 Size:	144.7 KB ID:	1523373

foot_l : 1000
                      foot_r : -1000

Click image for larger version  Name:	ver2.PNG Views:	1 Size:	172.1 KB ID:	1523375

Comment

Hello Codehawk64, I have lot of creatures in my game, many of them have a Pelvis and Spine1 bones, but some of them are like the screen in attachments.

Just a Pelvis (waist) and no spine1, the arms, head , tail and legs are directly connected to the waist.

Do you think its possible to use your plugin with theses skeletons ?
                        Thank you !
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Megurine View Post
                          Hello Codehawk64, I have lot of creatures in my game, many of them have a Pelvis and Spine1 bones, but some of them are like the screen in attachments.

Just a Pelvis (waist) and no spine1, the arms, head , tail and legs are directly connected to the waist.

Do you think its possible to use your plugin with theses skeletons ?
                          Thank you !

Since the arms and legs are directly connected to the pelvis, it will work as long as you treat it as a bipedal character. Meaning you should only provide the feets for the input and exclude the arms. The way the system works now is that if you provide the arms and legs as an input for the feet array, while they are connected to the same spine bone , the solving will basically override each other and create undesirable results. If only the feet bones are provided, it will work as usual, just like the unreal mannequin character. You can provide the neck or head bone for the spine-start (The spine-start should be any bone after the hips).

Click image for larger version

Name:	single_hip.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	228.5 KB
ID:	1524217

Click image for larger version

Name:	single_hip_1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	539.9 KB
ID:	1524216
                          Last edited by codehawk64; 09-05-2018, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Just created a discord channel for support at https://discord.gg/XdBWW2U
                            Last edited by codehawk64; 09-06-2018, 12:19 PM.

Comment

A new major update to the plugin was released a couple of days back. There is also a new example project in the marketplace description. New plugin version is 1.0.0. so you can confirm whether you have the latest one in the epic launcher and manually update if it is not already updated.

Comment

I am also interested in this.
                                Last time i checked Ikinema had some quite annoying errors (features) while setting up skeleton. So waiting for alternative.

Comment

Working...
                                X