No announcement yet.

Dragon IK (Inverse Kinematics) Plugin [SUPPORT]

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RELEASED] Dragon IK (Inverse Kinematics) Plugin [SUPPORT]

Dragon.IK is an easy to use inverse kinematics plugin that can be used in a wide variety of skeletal rigs in your project. It is developed in C++ and it is usable as a plugin in any project .

Marketplace Link :
    https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...rse-kinematics

It works on :
    • Bipeds
    • Quarupeds
    • Spiders
    • Snakes (In the latest update)

The IK tools can be used on humans and most animals such as dogs, chickens, bears,dragons , multi legged beasts ,scorpions,spiders,worms etc . Setting up the inverse kinematics in your animals can be done in just a few minutes as it is almost automatic and adapts to the type of rig with just a few parameters to change depending upon your game.

Keep your actual blueprint code clean and simple when you can just implement the ik using two animation blueprint nodes.

The major requirement expected from the skeletal mesh is they should have a linear single sequence of spine bones, while the limbs ultimately connect to this linear sequence of spine bones. A good example is how infinity blade characters are rigged.

Click image for larger version

Name:	deer_req.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	1549344

Discord link for support : https://discord.gg/XdBWW2U

Demo showcase on quadrupeds,bipeds and spiders

Demo showcase on snakes

Tutorial Videos :

Last edited by codehawk64; 11-08-2018, 01:03 PM.

It seems very promising. Keep up the work.
    As soon as you have videos of other kind of creatures (such as spiders or snakes) don't hesitate to make a video. I'm personally curious to see how it turns out for very non-common skeletons.
    Leader of the Unreal Engine Meetup - Rome.
    Find me on twitter, glad to get in touch

Comment

Awesome!
      Ill keep an eye on this!

Comment

Excellent, I'm very interested.

Comment

Originally posted by FSapio View Post
          It seems very promising. Keep up the work.
          As soon as you have videos of other kind of creatures (such as spiders or snakes) don't hesitate to make a video. I'm personally curious to see how it turns out for very non-common skeletons.
          Thanks . Im rebooting the development since my previous code had a lot of unnecessary garbage code . Once i finish this process , and add some of these extra ideas i have into it , i can get new demo videos ready .

Comment

A demo of the IK solving , moving across a rough terrain .

Comment

A video showcasing a death animation adapting to the terrain . We can see how it is before using the plugin as well as after . Meanwhile the limbs ik has improved compared to the previous video , which i will show later with maybe a different creature . Trouble is finding good creature skeletal meshes with a wide variety of animations to stress test it .

Comment

Hey there , been some time i gave an update . Currently the system supports quadrupeds , bipeds and spider-like creatures (With a bit more extra work pending) . Posting some of the progress videos . All the below ik setup is done almost instantly with minor changes in the input !!

Testing on a wolf (Demo with with and witout IK usage)

Testing on epic mannequin (Demo with with and witout IK usage)

Testing on a buffalo

Testing on one of our own monster models
                Last edited by codehawk64; 05-22-2018, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Demo of the ik in a spider style rig . Gotta need to smooth the sudden jitters in the legs when the difference in the terrain heights are pretty high .

Comment

It's a great job. Can you tell me about your launch plan in Marketplace?

Comment

Originally posted by artistic.coding View Post
                      It's a great job. Can you tell me about your launch plan in Marketplace?
                      The development isn't quite done but im expecting it to be in a stable state in a week or two . Im hoping to submit it to epic in the first week of june . Will be posting it here regarding the submission updates .

Comment

Amazing and keen eyesight on a need, most are overlooking. Sign me up!
                        ExORION: The Most Active [Rev-Share] Sci-Fi FPS Project in this Forum ...Join the Fight!

Comment

this looks very interesting. can't wait to buy it on the marketplace. good work and i hope to use this in my FPS game i do!

Comment

Any updates on this? Also, what price range are you looking at?

I'm at that spot where I'm tempted to purchase Ikinema because it is the only thing I've found that I can actually purchase/use right now. This is the only thing keeping me from purchasing it as this might meet my needs more closely.

But I'm not going to purchase both, so a timely update and release are important if you want a chance for me to purchase this.

Comment

Originally posted by SirSpence View Post
                              Any updates on this? Also, what price range are you looking at?

I'm at that spot where I'm tempted to purchase Ikinema because it is the only thing I've found that I can actually purchase/use right now. This is the only thing keeping me from purchasing it as this might meet my needs more closely.

But I'm not going to purchase both, so a timely update and release are important if you want a chance for me to purchase this.
                              Health issues slowed down the development for a while . Currently planning on setting an initial early access pricing for 20$ , which will be later on increased after testing and feedback from other users . Couple of final little design changes remaining on the plugin before i can submit it . It is likely i can submit it this week .

Comment

Working...
                              X