Node graph assistant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jan_FTr View Post
    Cutting wires using alt-dragging seems to break undo/redo.
    It seems like that sometimes wire is cutoff multiple times and results in multiple undo.
    I'll try to fix this in future release.
    For this moment if you intend to undo I recommend you to use alt + click to cutoff wire.
    Thanks for reporting.

Comment

Another problem I found, having the plugin enabled breaks actions using the alt key in viewport. I mean I cannot duplicate an object by alt-dragging on gizmo, or orbit around it.

Comment

Another problem I found, having the plugin enabled breaks actions using the alt key in viewport. I mean I cannot duplicate an object by alt-dragging on gizmo, or orbit around it.

I was bothered by it too,but I thought it was engine's bug and never relate it to my plugin...guess I was wrong.
        To my relief,its an easy fix,but it might take several days before the hotfix makes it to marketplace.
        Thank you so much for the info!
        Last edited by yangxx; 03-11-2018, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yangxx View Post

I was bothered by it too,but I thought it was engine's bug and never relate it to my plugin...guess I was wrong.
          To my relief,its an easy fix,but it might take several days before the hotfix makes it to marketplace.
          Thank you so much for the info!
          Thanks, looking forward to the update.

Comment

Thanks, looking forward to the update.
            Update is out.

Comment

Really useful plugin! Solves at least one major issue that always irked me in UE4: not being able to drag the screen while holding a wire.
              Though, the Undo issue is a bit troublesome, Alt+Click and Alt+Drag are too similar to comfortably use the one without worrying about invoking the other by mistake.

A different combo or a config/toggle would be highly welcome.
              Maybe Alt+Shift+Drag or Alt+RMB/drag?
              [Marketplace] Loading Screen System (ᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀ ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴs, ɴᴏᴡ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇss ʙᴀʀs)
              [Free][Script] Automate Download of Mixamo Animations
              [VłĐɆØ] Performance: BP vs C++ vs Blueprint Nativization

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt.Trips View Post
                Really useful plugin! Solves at least one major issue that always irked me in UE4: not being able to drag the screen while holding a wire.
                Though, the Undo issue is a bit troublesome, Alt+Click and Alt+Drag are too similar to comfortably use the one without worrying about invoking the other by mistake.

A different combo or a config/toggle would be highly welcome.
                Maybe Alt+Shift+Drag or Alt+RMB/drag?
                Thank you for the positive reply !
                And for your information,there is one major update coming to node graph assistant,which, fix all the problems you mentioned,stay tuned.

Comment

Awesome! Looking forward to it.

[Marketplace] Loading Screen System (ᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀ ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴs, ɴᴏᴡ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇss ʙᴀʀs)

Comment

Awesome! Looking forward to it.

check out the new user guide:
                    https://github.com/pdlogingithub/UE4...ster/README.md

it may take a while before epic approve my submit and update the market place.

Comment

Tested update, everything seems to work as advertised. Great work!

Comment

I see at least 2 new features. Sweet!
                        Does the plugin also change the default behavior of tooltips on nodes?

Comment

I see at least 2 new features. Sweet!
                          Does the plugin also change the default behavior of tooltips on nodes?
                          I added 3 brand new features.
                          Yes I hide the tool tip when moving a node,this helps seeing the connection more clearly, did you find any unexpected behavior?

Comment

Originally posted by yangxx View Post

I added 3 brand new features.
                            Yes I hide the tool tip when moving a node,this helps seeing the connection more clearly, did you find any unexpected behavior?
                            I came here to suggest that feature, then realized it already does that.

But I noticed it doesn't correctly re-enable the tooltip once I release the node and then hover over that same node again.
                            I have to hover over any other node (hovering over a pin of the previous node also works).

What does "lazy connect" and "auto connect" do?

PS: link to git readme goes to 404

Comment

I came here to suggest that feature, then realized it already does that.

But I noticed it doesn't correctly re-enable the tooltip once I release the node and then hover over that same node again.
                              I have to hover over any other node (hovering over a pin of the previous node also works).

What does "lazy connect" and "auto connect" do?

PS: link to git readme goes to 404
                              I fix the link to the user guide,check that out.
                              It seems that except material graph,disable and reenable tool tip wont show up tool tip unless tool tip content changed.I'll put that into future fix, thanks for pointing it out!

Comment

Feature Requests / Ideas:

- When dragging a Node, allow to init panning by holding also the right mouse button (same as with connection wires) - currently holding both mouse buttons triggers zooming (which is useless anyways to anyone with a mouse wheel).

- Material editor doesn't have a "Jump to" option on pins. Would that be possible to add with a plugin?

Comment

Working...
                                X