• Show
Clear All

[RELEASED] Node graph assistant

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	48.0 KB ID:	1435241
    Demo video: https://youtu.be/54AAIFuq7Xs
    Market place: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...raph-assistant
    User guide:
    https://github.com/pdlogingithub/UE4...ster/README.md
    Last edited by yangxx; 07-10-2018, 07:59 PM.

1.7 change log(2019.9.27)
    • mac os support
    • up to date for older engine version
    • new: create node on wire with hotkey
    • new: connect nodes with hotkey
    • bypass and keep node
    • bypass and copy node
    • multiple fix
    Click image for larger version  Name:	connectnodes.gif Views:	1 Size:	126.9 KB ID:	1668406Click image for larger version  Name:	insertnodehotkey.gif Views:	1 Size:	91.8 KB ID:	1668407

Spoiler

future feature vote:
    • replace node and keep connection.
    • more rearrange nodes option(rearrange by inputs,vertical rearrange...).
    • auto resizing comment area.

if you encountered problem(performance,bugs...) or have suggestions,feel free to ask.
    Last edited by yangxx; 10-01-2019, 10:46 PM.

Comment

You should look at the requests in this thread...
      Maybe there's an ongoing business there etc...

Comment

As Franktech said, dev check out that thread!

Im also an insta-fan of this, while I am mainly on 4.16 still, I purchased it for whenever I do work in newer versions.
        I also took the liberty to mention this pack on twitter, discord, and facebook.

Comment

As I see right now, it didn't work very well on commented areas in BluePrints.

Maybe a hotfix or update to fix this problem yangxx ?

Comment

Originally posted by JimPhoenix View Post
            As I see right now, it didn't work very well on commented areas in BluePrints.

Maybe a hotfix or update to fix this problem yangxx ?
            Thanks for noticing,I just fix the issue "highlight and cutoff not working inside comment section",I will update the plugin as soon as possible.
            If these are not the issues you encountered,please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Luos View Post
              As Franktech said, dev check out that thread!

Im also an insta-fan of this, while I am mainly on 4.16 still, I purchased it for whenever I do work in newer versions.
              I also took the liberty to mention this pack on twitter, discord, and facebook.
              Thanks for the support!
              Will definitely consider new features if requested by many,but overall I plan to keep the plugin cater to basic level of operations.

And by the way I just finished porting it to 4.16,hope to release soon!

Comment

Originally posted by yangxx View Post

And by the way I just finished porting it to 4.16,hope to release soon!
                hnnng! You sir are awesome!
                (also my facebook post about this tool got picked up by some very respected game developers, so here's hoping it sells well )

suggestion wise
                Any chance we could get a shortcut that switches wires? i.e.
                wire 1 in Lerp A input
                wire 2 in Lerp B input
                *shortcut*
                wire 1 is now in lerp B input
                Wire 2 is now in lerp A input

same for Add/divide/multiply ofcourse

Comment

Originally posted by yangxx View Post

Thanks for noticing,I just fix the issue "highlight and cutoff not working inside comment section",I will update the plugin as soon as possible.
                  If these are not the issues you encountered,please let me know.
                  Okey, I will tell you what's the situation after that update.
                  Last edited by JimPhoenix; 02-28-2018, 06:01 PM.

Comment

throwsmoneyonthescreen

//edit: is there a way to add it to the game itself in the plugin folder? you know.. since engine is build from source.. AND so i dont have to keep downloadnig it and installing it on each engine release
                    Last edited by Namesis; 02-28-2018, 04:27 PM.

Comment

I'm quite interested in this and will probably download it soon. I've had a few workflow ideas in terms of BPs which you might be interested in. I often add a load of debug functions to BPs which run off keypresses (normally all lined up). I was wondering if you could have a kind of exec path blocker - you'd draw it on like a comment box and if the box covered an exec line it would prevent the path from continuing - you could draw it over a whole lot of lines to disable functions. Imagine also a similar comment box style overlay which would effect and override certain types. So if you drew a box over a load of paths which lead from INT getters you'd be able to override the int with a fixed value.

Comment

Originally posted by Luos View Post
                        suggestion wise
                        Any chance we could get a shortcut that switches wires? i.e.
                        wire 1 in Lerp A input
                        wire 2 in Lerp B input
                        *shortcut*
                        wire 1 is now in lerp B input
                        Wire 2 is now in lerp A input
                        Sorry,but this plugin is built on ui event system,it can not get pin by itself unless the system gives to it(by mouse event).
                        I suggest,if you run into this kind of suituation and the wires are far apart,you can quickly create a temp node as a exchange,use node graph assistant to duplicate wire between them to achieve what you want.
                        Last edited by yangxx; 03-04-2018, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dannington View Post
                          I'm quite interested in this and will probably download it soon. I've had a few workflow ideas in terms of BPs which you might be interested in. I often add a load of debug functions to BPs which run off keypresses (normally all lined up). I was wondering if you could have a kind of exec path blocker - you'd draw it on like a comment box and if the box covered an exec line it would prevent the path from continuing - you could draw it over a whole lot of lines to disable functions. Imagine also a similar comment box style overlay which would effect and override certain types. So if you drew a box over a load of paths which lead from INT getters you'd be able to override the int with a fixed value.
                          Sorry,that is just beyond what this plugin can do, this plugin can only operates on ui level(move click etc).

Comment

Originally posted by Namesis View Post
                            throwsmoneyonthescreen

//edit: is there a way to add it to the game itself in the plugin folder? you know.. since engine is build from source.. AND so i dont have to keep downloadnig it and installing it on each engine release
                            You can just copy the source code to engine plugin folder,new version(node graph assistant 1.3) can directly run on engine equal or higher than 4.16.

Comment

Cutting wires using alt-dragging seems to break undo/redo.

Comment

Working...
                              X