Physics Interaction: Doors and Locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hi Nicat. Is it possible to send an unlock msg via trigger as opposed to picking up a key? I wanted one bp to send the openable or lockset and unlock msg. Or open message if possible? (have the door open on its own after an event.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nicat View Post

Integration is same as PDF or this video. You can add components and input nodes to ALS_BaseCharacter, MannequinCharacter or to your own custom character.

Here is the video of it working with ALS V3 and setup overview:

Hope this answers your questions. Have a nice day!
    thank you very much

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by jonathan light View Post

thank you very much
    Use advanced locomotion V3
    Is it possible that it works?
    many things have changed the truth
    I would like to see a video that integrates this with a character
    I really want to buy
    but I would like an extra video
    I have seen how it works
    has a guide
    but a video is missing integrating this
    I know that some users who have an advanced character would be interested to see this
    Integration is same as PDF or this video. You can add components and input nodes to ALS_BaseCharacter, MannequinCharacter or to your own custom character.

Here is the video of it working with ALS V3 and setup overview:

Hope this answers your questions. Have a nice day!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nicat View Post
    Thank you for your interest!

Advanced Locomotion System's dev has said this: Also, this is confirmed to work with Advanced Locomotion System v2. So, the setup in the Tutorial PDF should work without any issues.

If you face any problems integrating, please let us know at the support email (you must be logged in to see the email address).
    thank you very much
    Use advanced locomotion V3
    Is it possible that it works?
    many things have changed the truth
    I would like to see a video that integrates this with a character
    I really want to buy
    but I would like an extra video
    I have seen how it works
    has a guide
    but a video is missing integrating this
    I know that some users who have an advanced character would be interested to see this

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you for your interest!

Advanced Locomotion System's dev has said this:
    ... everything you could do with the (Third Person) template can be done with this.
    Also, this is confirmed to work with Advanced Locomotion System v2. So, the setup in the Tutorial PDF should work without any issues.

If you face any problems integrating, please let us know at the support email (you must be logged in to see the email address).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm very interested in buying this product
    my question is
    how is it possible to integrate into the project called
    advanced locomotion
    you may do a tutorial

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Architect3D View Post
    Hi Nicat. I think you forgot to add a locked sound option? My testers are confused weather which doors are usable. Can you add this for an update?
    Hi,

From what I understood, you want to play a sound when you interact with a Lockset which requires a key, right? If so, here is how you can achieve that:

1) In Blueprints folder -> BP_LocksetPhysics -> "Event Graph" - "Extra Events" comment box you'll find the "Requires Key" event,
    2) Add a "Play Sound at Location" node connected to that event,
    3) Create a new variable, rename it to "Requires Key", drag and drop it into "Audio" category, change its type to "Sound Base", make it Editable by clicking the "eye" icon next to it, get and connect that variable to "Sound" input,
    4) Get the "SourceLocation" variable and connect it to "Location" input.

Here is a screenshot:

Spoiler

This will make it possible to choose a sound to play when a lockset requires a key.

If this isn't what you said, please send an email with a bit more detail to support address which you can find here (you need to be logged in to see it).

Thanks for suggestion!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Nicat. I think you forgot to add a locked sound option? My testers are confused weather which doors are usable. Can you add this for an update?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kris View Post
    Someone else is bound to ask, so I might as well : Multiplayer support?
    There is no multiplayer support and we don't have definite plan for it, however it is not out of question either

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Someone else is bound to ask, so I might as well : Multiplayer support?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    First update is live which adds a new feature, changes map and player controller to match the Demo project. Here is changelog:
    1. Added a property to Openable and Lockset for attaching actors. Can found in Static Mesh - Show Advanced > Attached Actors,
    2. Made map same as demo project,
    3. Made Player Controller same as demo project.

Notice: updated Demo after this update was published. In new version of Demo, added a help menu with Controls, 2 quality presets and exit button.
    Last edited by Nicat; 02-21-2018, 06:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic [RELEASED] Physics Interaction: Doors and Locks

Physics Interaction: Doors and Locks

Hey everyone,

Physics Interaction: Doors and Locks is a system for adding physics simulation based interactive elements to your project. It is compatible with VR as well.

Marketplace link: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...hests-and-more

Click image for larger version  Name:	PhysicsInteraction_DoorsAndLocks284x284.jpg Views:	1 Size:	20.6 KB ID:	1431559

Preview:

Features:
    • Easy to set up, easy to use, easy to extend
    • Ability to check if Interaction input got used for interacting. Can be used to use same key for both Interacting and any other action (e.g. firing a gun)
    • Supports First person, Third person, Top Down, full VR, and probably any other type
    • Multiple detection methods such as tracing, mouse cursor or custom mesh collision
    • Mesh collision detection prioritizes grabbing Lockset over Openable. Useful for preventing accidentally grabbing door when intended to grab handle in VR
    • Select any actor as a key
    • Basic inventory system for picking up keys (not visual, just a string array)
    • Ability to use custom Collision Profile for Openable and Lockset meshes
    • Basic, modifiable sound system for playing sounds when certain events happen e.g. door opened, lock got unlocked, etc.
    • Save created actors as templates (prefab of multiple actors) to spawn without needing to copy paste/rebuild
    • Easily access events from other actors and extend functionality of system itself

Updates:

Spoiler

Extra Guides:

Template First Person implementation
    This guide will show how to use same Fire input to both interact and fire the gun as default in First Person Template:

Spoiler

Template VirtualReality implementation
    This guide will show how to implement this system with UE4 default VR template:

Spoiler

Known problems/solutions:

Spoiler

Demo characters in the project are not meant to be used as starting point for your character because PlayerController used for them is very specific to the demo.

Special thanks to Peter Ryan aka TorQue[MoD] for testing, making better models and sounds, and giving some ideas ​. He is the founder of Apeirogon Games, please check out his site: http://apeirogon-games.com/
    Last edited by Nicat; 04-11-2019, 03:13 AM.
Working...
X