Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marketplace really need auction house system.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marketplace really need auction house system.

Simply design a character that can be sold only once. And the price depend on highest bidder.

i mean unique character are not selling well in marketplace, since people lok for generic ones.

Also this method will attract 3d artist who loves making character too.

Iron Gear Factory : the creator of sci fi gadgets (under contruction).

follow our blogspot :
    irongearfactory.blogspot.com

Interesting idea, it is kind of tricky especially when your character isn't built on the original UE4 skeleton. Modular is a big deal now too and I get why it is but it does make it hard to sell when everyone expects every piece to be modular.

Shameless plug for my astronaut character!
    https://sellfy.com/p/JL94/

Comment

I think this is what people are looking for in an asset they buy from the market place, generic stuff. When it comes to "custom/unique" stuff they either make it themselves to their specific needs, or hire an artist to make it for them.
      Jetpack Animations | My Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by iamjohngalt1975 View Post
        I think this is what people are looking for in an asset they buy from the market place, generic stuff. When it comes to "custom/unique" stuff they either make it themselves to their specific needs, or hire an artist to make it for them.
        when you feel lazy and need some additional character. We can have auction. Dont make mesh all by yourself.

why not ? I really wish to have some intresting mesh to buy. Without effort.

and the profit are godly.

we must have this.

follow our blogspot :

Comment

I really doubt there are enough people here willing to pay the $3000+ per character that would be needed to make an auction profitable for the artist. This also provides no benefit whatsoever over hiring an artist to make exactly what you want.
          Last edited by BlackFangTech; 02-15-2018, 04:55 AM.

Check out my discord -> https://discord.gg/kQdVwJ3

Follow us on twitter to get updates on new products and special offers -> https://twitter.com/BlackFangTech

Black Fang Technologies' products -> https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...20Technologies

Comment

We never know unless we try.

also if you think the model are too expensive. Dont bid it.

aution are place for valuable asset. Its a good system to safe time.

follow our blogspot :

Comment

If people want to pay a premium for a unique character, they'll commission it to their requirements. An auction house implementation is a waste of time.

Comment

An auction method does not need to be implemented in this marketplace, it could be implemented elsewhere. For me, that have been in touch with several stores and seen the quality of their assets, I would say it is too risky. I prefere comissioning with people I know are good at some job than risking bidding on someone's job I don't know the quality standards. Another advantage on comissioning is that you will only pay for a complete delivered asset, while with bid method Im not sure you will receive what you need (complete?) but surely you will pay for it.
                Nilson Lima
                Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                Art is a state of Spirit

Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/QJUb5Wk
                UE4 Marketplace:
                Cloudscape Seasons

Comment

get job are hard nowdays. also unreal market need to step up their market.

follow our blogspot :

Comment

That wouldn't work at all.
                    | Finite State Machine | Auto-Save Plugin| USQLite Plugin | Object-Pool Plugin | Sound-Occlusion Plugin | Anti-Cheat Plugin |

Comment

maybe make a section on e-bay for game assets and let the bidding happen there, or better yet just make a store or site of your own and let people do it there if you really think its worth doing
                      Jetpack Animations | My Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
                        That wouldn't work at all.
                        why, explain the detail.

follow our blogspot :

Comment

If is someone I know, that has a background history of successful works, a great Artstation page where I can see his workflow, and still "maybe" I will get into an auction, because artists are not asset factories... they need inspiration, a goal, a reason to produce something... and of course being so well paid that they will keep working with commissioning
                          Nilson Lima
                          Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                          Art is a state of Spirit

Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/QJUb5Wk
                          UE4 Marketplace:
                          Cloudscape Seasons

Comment

Working...
                          X