Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loading Screen System (Level Transitions w/ Progress)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CGDim View Post

Hello. Please, how recompile LSS Plugin for Mac?
    Try this:

1. Go to your engine installation directory and find the subfolder "/Engine/Build/BatchFiles"
    2. Run this command (replace paths with your actual ones):

Code:
    runuat BuildPlugin -Plugin="/PluginPath/PluginName.uplugin" -targetplatforms=Mac -Package="/path/to/save/the/packaged/plugins/" -Rocket
    Last edited by Cpt.Trips; 07-25-2020, 02:48 PM.
    [Marketplace] Loading Screen System (ᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀ ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴs, ɴᴏᴡ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇss ʙᴀʀs)
    [Free][Script] Automate Download of Mixamo Animations
    [VłĐɆØ] Performance: BP vs C++ vs Blueprint Nativization

Comment

Hello, how to solve the problem pressing the Start button in 08_MainMenu_Map I want to insert an example from 07_ProgressBars_Map well it does not work for me (and here is the launch of the standard example 08_MainMenu_Map only with the replacement of the load level, this happens here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkDOf0m-XMc I'm sorry for so many problems I'm just starting my way to unreal engine.
      Last edited by Aiden32; 08-02-2020, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aiden32 View Post
        Hello, how to solve the problem pressing the Start button in 08_MainMenu_Map I want to insert an example from 07_ProgressBars_Map well it does not work for me (and here is the launch of the standard example 08_MainMenu_Map only with the replacement of the load level, this happens here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkDOf0m-XMc I'm sorry for so many problems I'm just starting my way to unreal engine.
        You want to use a progress bar in example "08", is that correct?
        First, you need to install the Plugin which is necessary to read loading progress.

Here's a video tutorial with all steps:

Plugin: Download Page

Then, select the BP_LSS_Actor in your scene and in its details make sure "Enable Loading Progress" is checked.
        To show an overlay widget with a progress bar, also
        1. enable "Use Default UI" and
        2. under "Default UI Widget" select "UI_LSS_Tips" (this widget has a progress bar already set up as a ready example)
        Last edited by Cpt.Trips; 08-04-2020, 11:33 AM.
        [Marketplace] Loading Screen System (ᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀ ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴs, ɴᴏᴡ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇss ʙᴀʀs)

Comment

Hey there!

So, we've been using this for a while, great tool, love it.
          We've been using FMOD before implementing LSS however, and noticed one weird behaviour:
          FMOD operates on top of UE, and during regular level change FMOD audio events don't get flushed and are persistent.
          So if a sound is playing, it will keep playing through to the new level.

After LSS, the FMOD audio also gets flushed on the level changes.
          Interesting thing is that we also keep data of the FMOD event in the game instance, and that also returns empty.
          Does LSS clears even instance during the loading?

Comment

Originally posted by lionclopeg View Post
            Hey there!

So, we've been using this for a while, great tool, love it.
            We've been using FMOD before implementing LSS however, and noticed one weird behaviour:
            FMOD operates on top of UE, and during regular level change FMOD audio events don't get flushed and are persistent.
            So if a sound is playing, it will keep playing through to the new level.

After LSS, the FMOD audio also gets flushed on the level changes.
            Interesting thing is that we also keep data of the FMOD event in the game instance, and that also returns empty.
            Does LSS clears even instance during the loading?
            When loading a level, are you using the method with the default "Open Level" node or the custom "LSS Open Level" / "LSS Load Level"?

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt.Trips View Post
              I will be releasing V2 with multiplayer and world composition support in October.
              will V2 ever come out? I just bought this on the last sale and figured out now that it is impossible to show the loading screen to a player connecting to the game.

Comment

Hey, sorry for answering late, I´m going to post some photos showing the baked lighting when loading the level without the plugin and one with the plugin. Hope you can help me. Thanks!
                The first image shows the level when loaded with LSS, the second without it.

https://imgur.com/GVcnENs

https://imgur.com/BGyo2FC

Comment

Working...
                X