Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loading Screen System (Level Transitions w/ Progress)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks! That solved the menu issue, although i also had to add "Set Input Mode Game And UI" in the main menu widget after clicking the Play button, otherwise it wouldn't register keyboard inputs.

The only other issue I've run into is that sometimes an untextured sphere object appears floating in the air when loading up the levels. I'm guessing it's got something to do with the persistent level or LSS logic but for all I know its position is random and only appears sometimes. Maybe it's just a bug, I don't know. Still, thank you so much for the help!

Comment

That untextured sphere is the Default Pawn, which gets created in the persistent level. Enabling "Start Players As Spectators" and "Delayed Start" in your Game Mode should take care of that.

Also, if you use the Pawn Handling feature of LSS (third tutorial video), it will hide or destroy any previously possessed pawn for you
      Last edited by Cpt.Trips; 04-26-2020, 08:13 AM.
      [Marketplace] Loading Screen System (ᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀ ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴs, ɴᴏᴡ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇss ʙᴀʀs)
      [Free][Script] Automate Download of Mixamo Animations
      [VłĐɆØ] Performance: BP vs C++ vs Blueprint Nativization

Comment

I could not find a "delayed start" option in my project's Game Mode, but I did enable "Start Players As Spectators" and I think it solved the issue. Thanks again!

Comment

Update: Sorry for the double post, but after doing a bit more testing I've realized the Default Pawn is still spawning sometimes. Like I said, I've enabled "Start Players As Spectators" in both my Game Modes (one being the default one for the LSS asset and the other one for the gameplay in my levels) but I can't find the "Delayed Start" option anywhere. I'm using version 4.23 of the engine, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by BorjaZoroza View Post
            Update: Sorry for the double post, but after doing a bit more testing I've realized the Default Pawn is still spawning sometimes. Like I said, I've enabled "Start Players As Spectators" in both my Game Modes (one being the default one for the LSS asset and the other one for the gameplay in my levels) but I can't find the "Delayed Start" option anywhere. I'm using version 4.23 of the engine, btw.
            If your GameMode derives from GameModeBase (the simplified class that Epic added at some point), it won't have "Delayed Start", that's ok, just ignore that.
            However, you will only need one Game Mode, not two - check "GameMode Override" in "WorldSettings" with your Persistent Level open and assign the one you need for your game.
            Make sure "Start Players As Spectators" is enabled in that GameMode.

Instead of enabling "Start Players As Spectators" you can as well set the DefaultPawnClass in your GameMode to "SpectatorPawn" or even to "None".
            [Marketplace] Loading Screen System (ᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀ ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴs, ɴᴏᴡ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇss ʙᴀʀs)

Comment

That should be all then, it's working fine. Yet again, thanks for taking the time to help me out

Comment

Originally posted by BorjaZoroza View Post
                That should be all then, it's working fine. Yet again, thanks for taking the time to help me out
                You're very welcome!

Comment

Thank you for your response to my map settings/event binding question, that does help some but I haven't gotten that far. I still have a number of issues that I don't know how to work through.
                  1. I don't know how to bind events to my first level - the one whose map settings i put in the LSS Actor's 'Level to Load on Play' - I'm trying to use the MainMenu from the examples which has the persistent level bind the main menu widget showing and hiding to 'on open' and 'on close' but that leads me to #2
                  2. I can't call the LSSAddLevel function in my persistent map's BeginPlay due to LSSInProgress returning true and fast failing that function (LSSAddLevel) without doing anything. When Am I supposed to do it? For my main menu I would need to do it before the MainMenu level is opened for the reason described in #1.
                  3. Forgetting LSSAddLevel, I also can't bind any evens to MainMenu using LSSBindLevelEvents (Again because of LSSInProgress returning true)
                  4. How do I change the Loading Screen to use for each level when using map settings? It doesn't appear that I can do it in the map settings for the level. I don't see any options for setting the loading screen for a level outside of just the LSS Actor itself for the starting level. Can I do it in blueprint? Calling QueueLoadingScreenLevelToUnload and LSSAddLevelAsLoadingScreen in my persistent level's BeginPlay doesn't work when I'm using map settings.
                  Thanks! Help on this would be a life saver as I think I need to use the actor pool feature which is only available when using map settings.
                  Last edited by b152349; 05-05-2020, 06:39 PM.

Comment

#1 through #3: Disable "Autoplay" on the LSS_Actor, do your bindings, then initialize loading via Blueprint ("LSS Load Level" node).
                    When using Map Setting files, see "15_PawnHandling_Map" for an example. The persistent map's Level Blueprint does exactly that.

Example map "02_BlueprintSetup_Map" shows the same but with the basic approach (level names), while "06_AdvancedEventHandling_Map" deals with all possible variations of event bindings.

Originally posted by b152349 View Post
                    How do I change the Loading Screen to use for each level when using map settings? It doesn't appear that I can do it in the map settings for the level. I don't see any options for setting the loading screen for a level outside of just the LSS Actor itself for the starting level. Can I do it in blueprint? Calling QueueLoadingScreenLevelToUnload and LSSAddLevelAsLoadingScreen in my persistent level's BeginPlay doesn't work when I'm using map settings.
                    Use the "LSS Set Default Loading Screen" node (requires a map settings file as parameter).

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt.Trips View Post
                      #1 through #3: Disable "Autoplay" on the LSS_Actor, do your bindings, then initialize loading via Blueprint ("LSS Load Level" node).
                      When using Map Setting files, see "15_PawnHandling_Map" for an example. The persistent map's Level Blueprint does exactly that.

Example map "02_BlueprintSetup_Map" shows the same but with the basic approach (level names), while "06_AdvancedEventHandling_Map" deals with all possible variations of event bindings.

Use the "LSS Set Default Loading Screen" node (requires a map settings file as parameter).
                      Thanks again for the response. When I disabled Autoplay it didn't do anything but it finally worked when I removed the 'Level to Load on Play' as well Now the LSS functions are working and I'm moving on to pawn handling!

Comment

Hi. I'm having some issues with compiling a packaged build on 4.25. I keep running into this error.

Code:
                        ATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: begin: stack for UAT
                        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: === Handled ensure: ===
                        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogOutputDevice: Error:
                        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: Ensure condition failed: GetSuperClass() [File:D:/Build/++UE4+Licensee/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Private/BlueprintGeneratedClass.cpp] [Line: 1515]
                        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: Stack:
                        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffa823251e9 UE4Editor-Engine.dll!<lambda_edd2bbdbf9da04bf6104de7d718b849d>::operator()() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\BlueprintGeneratedClass.cpp:1515]
                        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffa80d88d06 UE4Editor-Engine.dll!UBlueprintGeneratedClass::NeedsLoadForClient() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\BlueprintGeneratedClass.cpp:1515]
                        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffa8a58b029 UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!ConditionallyExcludeObjectForTarget() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\SavePackage.cpp:641]
                        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffa8a58af75 UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!ConditionallyExcludeObjectForTarget() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\SavePackage.cpp:613]
                        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffa8a57cbd5 UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!FArchiveSaveTagImports::operator<<() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\SavePackage.cpp:1001]
                        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffa8a5cc2fd UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!FDelegateProperty::Serialize() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\PropertyDelegate.cpp:164]
                        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffa8a47990c UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!UStruct::SerializeProperties() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\Class.cpp:1768]
                        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffa8a47443c UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!UStruct::Serialize() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\Class.cpp:1846]
                        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffa8a473c6e UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!UFunction::Serialize() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\Class.cpp:5555]
                        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffa8a5bc022 UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!UPackage::Save() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\SavePackage.cpp:3876]
                        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffa708f3907 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UEditorEngine::Save() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\EditorEngine.cpp:4511]
                        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffa7079503f UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UCookOnTheFlyServer::SaveCookedPackage() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\CookOnTheFlyServer.cpp:4550]
                        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffa70797b59 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UCookOnTheFlyServer::SaveCookedPackages() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\CookOnTheFlyServer.cpp:3440]
                        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffa707a4d83 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UCookOnTheFlyServer::TickCookOnTheSide() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\CookOnTheFlyServer.cpp:2871]
                        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffa70611031 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UCookCommandlet::CookByTheBook() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\Commandlets\CookCommandlet.cpp:921]
                        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffa7063bd5b UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UCookCommandlet::Main() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\Commandlets\CookCommandlet.cpp:595]
                        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff7aaa7363a UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!FEngineLoop::PreInitPostStartupScreen() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\LaunchEngineLoop.cpp:3391]
                        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff7aaa6b7ec UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!GuardedMain() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Launch.cpp:127]
                        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff7aaa6bb5a UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:137]
                        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff7aaa7e31d UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!WinMain() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:268]
                        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff7aaa8040a UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!__scrt_common_main_seh() [d:\agent\_work\5\s\src\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:288]
                        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffaba187bd4 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
                        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffabb96ce51 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []
                        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: end: stack for UAT
                        Repro steps:

1. Create a new project in Unreal 4.25
                        2. Add LSS to it
                        3. Click File -> Package Project -> Windows 64 Bits

That error and 4 others should appear in the logs, and the build should fail.

Comment

Hello!

I have a problem with loading in levels that are in world composition. I have set the streaming distance to false on all the levels, and controlled everything is correctly spelled in the list of levels, but they still don't seem to load. How can one fix this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRobotto View Post
                            Hi. I'm having some issues with compiling a packaged build on 4.25. I keep running into this error.
                            I can confirm that I'm able to reproduce it on my end, but so far have been unable to resolve it.
                            Logs don't give anything useful to work with. It's reported as "ExitCode=25 (Error_UnknownCookFailure)" with no errors related to the asset itself (there are some warnings about legacy ReflectionCaptures, but resolving those makes no difference).

Comment

Originally posted by Sanderat View Post
                              Hello!

I have a problem with loading in levels that are in world composition. I have set the streaming distance to false on all the levels, and controlled everything is correctly spelled in the list of levels, but they still don't seem to load. How can one fix this issue?
                              Make sure the map you set as your "Loading Screen Level" is also present in the folder where your other levels are and assigned to a layer with Streaming Distance disabled, as well. World Composition will not allow you to load levels from other directories.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, please get back to me with screenshots of your particular setup, I'll do my best to help (you can email me here: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...file/Cpt.Trips).

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt.Trips View Post

Make sure the map you set as your "Loading Screen Level" is also present in the folder where your other levels are and assigned to a layer with Streaming Distance disabled, as well. World Composition will not allow you to load levels from other directories.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, please get back to me with screenshots of your particular setup, I'll do my best to help (you can email me here: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...file/Cpt.Trips).
                                Hello!

It worked to assign the loading screen level to a layer with streaming distance disabled! Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X