Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loading Screen System (Level Transitions w/ Progress)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, am I correct in understanding if I want to create a 'loading' screen when connecting to a server your asset won't work?

If so, how would you create a loading screen for such an example (e.g. from a 'client-only' lobby to server map)?

Thanks,

Comment

Hi, I have distance based world composition tiles. The engines handles their loading seamlessly, no problem with this.
      I have problems with fast travel, when I set player location to a tile not yet loaded by world composition. Can I activate LSS in this case only?

Comment

I'm getting this error: can someone help please ? https://i.imgur.com/fSHs2pu.png

Comment

Originally posted by inedible.red View Post
          I'm getting this error: can someone help please ? https://i.imgur.com/fSHs2pu.png
          You can fix these by changing the Access Specifier for these two functions to "public".
          Open "\LSS_LoadingScreenSystem\Blueprints\BP_LSS_FunctionLibrary" and search for "LSS Error"

Click image for larger version

Name:	LSS_Change_Function_Access.png
Views:	247
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	1732441

And similarly in "BPC_LSS_LoadingProgress":

Name:	LSS_Change_Function_Access_2.png
Views:	211
Size:	279.1 KB
ID:	1732442

What Engine version are you using btw?
          [Marketplace] Loading Screen System (ᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀ ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴs, ɴᴏᴡ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇss ʙᴀʀs)
          [Free][Script] Automate Download of Mixamo Animations
          [VłĐɆØ] Performance: BP vs C++ vs Blueprint Nativization

Comment

Originally posted by BigaCubensis View Post
            Hi, I have distance based world composition tiles. The engines handles their loading seamlessly, no problem with this.
            I have problems with fast travel, when I set player location to a tile not yet loaded by world composition. Can I activate LSS in this case only?
            As of right now, this is not easily achievable - also if you'd spawn a transition pawn, this would mess up with World Composition loading (as it's pawn location based).
            The simplest way would be to just add a full-screen UMG for the duration, though with BP there's no way to check what that duration is (i.e. when the surrounding WC levels have been loaded).

For the latter, I can give you a code plugin though, that will monitor World Composition's streaming activity, so you can remove the UMG in time.

[Marketplace] Loading Screen System (ᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀ ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴs, ɴᴏᴡ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇss ʙᴀʀs)

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt.Trips View Post

You can fix these by changing the Access Specifier for these two functions to "public".
              Open "\LSS_LoadingScreenSystem\Blueprints\BP_LSS_FunctionLibrary" and search for "LSS Error"

Name:	LSS_Change_Function_Access.png
Views:	247
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	1732441

And similarly in "BPC_LSS_LoadingProgress":

Name:	LSS_Change_Function_Access_2.png
Views:	211
Size:	279.1 KB
ID:	1732442

What Engine version are you using btw?
              Thank you, I'm using 4.24

Comment

[QUOTE=inedible.red;n1734985]

I've just hit the same problem on a completely clean build in 4.24.3
                Process :
                create new project from VR template
                Install plugin
                Install marketplace content
                Make link form marketplace to plugin
                Change the parameter in the fade to support VR
                Compile

Comment

I'm loving the potential of this system - just hitting a few glitches getting started. The documentation says

Loading Progress in the 3d scene

You can use the loading progress value to drive actors in scenes or other effects as well. In the example map named “12_LoadingProgress_Map” the loading screen scene uses the value to scale a makeshift 3d progress bar and increases its material glow through a material parameter collection.
                  But I can't find this example?

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Shock View Post
                    I'm loving the potential of this system - just hitting a few glitches getting started. The documentation says "[...] example map named “12_LoadingProgress_Map”

But I can't find this example?
                    Particular order of some demo maps has been changed at some point but the documentation apparently wasn't updated to reflect that in all places.
                    The correct level in question is "\Maps\07_ProgressBars_Map"
                    Last edited by Cpt.Trips; 03-26-2020, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Shock View Post
                      I've just hit the same problem on a completely clean build in 4.24.3
                      Process :
                      create new project from VR template
                      Install plugin
                      Install marketplace content
                      Make link form marketplace to plugin
                      Change the parameter in the fade to support VR
                      Compile
                      I was able to replicate the issue. Fixed and submitted hotfix.

Comment

That's great - glad I was able to identify it for you

Comment

Do any of the examples show how to bind events when using map settings? I'm confused about how to do latent actions (in my case procedural generation) when using map settings. The Map settings examples I've seen don't use any event binding and the event binding examples I've seen don't use map settings.

Comment

Originally posted by b152349 View Post
                            The Map settings examples I've seen don't use any event binding and the event binding examples I've seen don't use map settings.
                            Event bindings should work regardless of the method.

Example:

Name:	LSS_MapSettingsLatent.png
Views:	112
Size:	246.7 KB
ID:	1745135

One issue you might run into is when the particular level name hasn't been registered with the system yet.
                            In the example above that happens in "LSS Load Level", but were you to call "Get LSS Level" before "LSS Load Level", the former would fail.

You would need to register the level with "LSS Add Level" as shown in the existing examples, but also manually init its map settings:

Name:	LSS_MapSettingsLatent_Add.png
Views:	120
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	1745136
                            Keeping the above node in mind, everything in the "06_AdvancedEventHandling_Map" example level should work also with the MapSettings configuration method.

Hope that helps!

PS: There's also a "Set Level Settings" function if you need to change the type of associated map settings for an existing level.

Comment

Sup! I've been following the tutorials to add some loading screens to my project, it all runs without a hitch but there's one issue I haven't been able to solve:
                              I've set a loading screen before the main menu, you hit any key and it loads. However, for some reason mouse input is disabled so you need to click twice on screen for the buttons to work. That is, one click to activate mouse control and once again to click the menu buttons. It sound like a simple issue but I just can't figure out how to make it so mouse inputs just work by default once the menu is loaded. I've tried stuff like adding an "enable input" node in the level blueprint, but it's not working. What could the issue be? Thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by BorjaZoroza View Post
                                Sup! I've been following the tutorials to add some loading screens to my project, it all runs without a hitch but there's one issue I haven't been able to solve:
                                I've set a loading screen before the main menu, you hit any key and it loads. However, for some reason mouse input is disabled so you need to click twice on screen for the buttons to work. That is, one click to activate mouse control and once again to click the menu buttons. It sound like a simple issue but I just can't figure out how to make it so mouse inputs just work by default once the menu is loaded. I've tried stuff like adding an "enable input" node in the level blueprint, but it's not working. What could the issue be? Thank you very much!
                                Common issue with UMG. Your Widget is not in focus, try Set Input Mode UI Only and plug the reference to your widget into it. Also, if your cursor is not visible, use "Set Show Mouse Cursor".

Name:	UI.png
Views:	109
Size:	216.8 KB
ID:	1750913

Comment

Working...
                                X