Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TwitchWorks - The easy-to-use Twitch Integration for Unreal Engine 4!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sleepykid View Post
    Hi, does this app work with channel points? I wanted to do some twitch integration with channel points.
    Hi Sleepykid,

Thanks for your question! We're currently working on basic support for channel points and will likely release this with the next update of TwitchWorks. Due to some limitations in what Twitch offers and how TwitchWorks implements Twitch support, we will likely only be able to provide you with a unique identifier for the reward (so you won't see the reward's name). Furthermore, support will be restricted to channel points rewards that require the user to enter text (else they're not sent/broadcasted on the system we use to communicate with Twitch).

Lastly, to my knowledge, Channel Points are currently only available to Twitch partners/affiliates, so I won't be able to provide a whole lot of in-depth support (I won't be able to reproduce/experiment with the errors you are facing). I might still be able to provide some support, but I can't promise anything on that front.

So, to answer your question, experimental channel points support is in the works and will likely be shipped alongside the next plugin update. I can't provide you with an exact date, but I think it should be out in less than a month. Please let me know if you'd like me to follow up on this once it releases.

I hope this answers your question, and please let me know if anything is unclear/you have any other questions!
    Marketplace Assets
    [RELEASED] InventorySystem - Advanced Drag 'n Drop Inventory With Crafting | [RELEASED] ConfigBP - Blueprint .ini Configuration Files Made Easy | [RELEASED] SubsystemConfigurator - Steam Subsystem Setup Made Easy | [SUBMITTED] NetShield - SSL & Crypto Using Blueprints | [SUBMITTED] NetDB - PostgreSQL For Unreal Engine 4!

Comment

Hi HowToCompute,

I've just purchased your plugin and started to set it up. I have a hosting and put the files in a directory and made the setup. It's all good until there. When I try to login with the Twitch Login Api URL and other links that you've given in the documentation the login function works. However when I put my own url's and ID browser don't even open and immediately function returns on fail. At first I couldn't even open the files in the directory (src/perform_twitch_auth.php etc) then I changed the file permissions to 755 and now I can access them. However UE4 does not even open the browser when I enter my own url's and ID. What could be the problem here?

Comment

Originally posted by Equitatus View Post
        Hi HowToCompute,

I've just purchased your plugin and started to set it up. I have a hosting and put the files in a directory and made the setup. It's all good until there. When I try to login with the Twitch Login Api URL and other links that you've given in the documentation the login function works. However when I put my own url's and ID browser don't even open and immediately function returns on fail. At first I couldn't even open the files in the directory (src/perform_twitch_auth.php etc) then I changed the file permissions to 755 and now I can access them. However UE4 does not even open the browser when I enter my own url's and ID. What could be the problem here?

Hi Equitatus,

Thank you for your question, and my apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused. I believe you sent me this question on both the Forums, as well as the Marketplace's Questions functionality, so I went ahead and replied to your question on the Marketplace's Questions section. Please let me know if you are unable to access this answer, and I hope it helps.

Kind regards,
        HowToCompute
        Marketplace Assets
        [RELEASED] InventorySystem - Advanced Drag 'n Drop Inventory With Crafting | [RELEASED] ConfigBP - Blueprint .ini Configuration Files Made Easy | [RELEASED] SubsystemConfigurator - Steam Subsystem Setup Made Easy | [SUBMITTED] NetShield - SSL & Crypto Using Blueprints | [SUBMITTED] NetDB - PostgreSQL For Unreal Engine 4!

Comment

Is there anyone who can help with setting this up as ive got it to send messages to chat when a work is used but i cant get it to spawn a object in when a command is used and canget points to work and show in chat if you can help please drop me a message as the owner of the script keeps asking me the same questions when i ask for support

Comment

Hey,
            Any update on the channel points stuff?
            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sleepykid View Post
              Hey,
              Any update on the channel points stuff?
              Thanks
              Hi Sleepykid,

Thank you for your question. There is currently experimental support for the Twitch channel points system (for plugin version 1.0.12+, released for Unreal Engine 4.23+). This will, unfortunately, only pick up on channel points events that require the user to enter some text (this is a limitation with the way Twitch sends the plugin its information).

If you're already a TwitchWorks user - look for the Bind to OnPointsEvent node, create a custom event, and use the node to bind this event to your Twitch Chat shortly after it successfully connects (make sure you use the On Successful Login pin and not the "regular" execution pin, as the Chat will be invalid in this case). When you split the struct pin provided for this event, you should be able to access the Points Event Reward ID variable.

As noted before, your events must require text input for the system to work. Failing to do so will result in Twitch not informing the plugin about the points events, meaning they won't show up as an event.

I'm afraid that in light of the requirements Twitch has placed on which channels can use the points system, and the experimental nature of the feature, I cannot guarantee that it will work nor that I will be able to provide extensive support but feel free to send me an email if you have any follow-up questions.
              Marketplace Assets

Comment

Working...
              X