Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    The plans for more animations right now are
    - more movement animations. to most of the poses that are more suited to combat rather than normally walking.
    - lunging back and forward
    - attacks while moving
    - more swing attacks at various heights like the other attacks
    - a new resting idle pose
    - hit reactions for each pose
    - throwing attacks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by infectedfury View Post

Thanks for letting me know, that should have been picked up on the review process. I'll updated it with a fixed version.
    No problem. It did cause some issue, especially with mass reimporting huge amount of assets these days is likely to cause editor crashes.

Apart of that, I like most of your animations. Idles and attacks are well done--anatomically correct and realistic. The various stances are also a nice addition, their transitions smooth. I would like to see more attack animations, perhaps apart from thrusts and jabs (btw those are VERY well done!!) you could also do a few practical swings and parries for weapons like poleaxe. Then you can rename your pack to Spear & Polearm Mega Pack.

Some issues though:
    1. pardon me for pointing this out: but the locomotion (walking/running) animations are just atrocious. They are very robotic, and look funny because the two feet are waaaaay too apart, like a duck. It's nice to have different locomotion for different stances but it seems to me the base walking/running animations you use to blend are simply very low quality. If you want you could look at the movement demonstrated in this slow-mo video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgu16GSBdiE. It would be nice if you can model your locomotion animations based on that.
    2. I noticed none of the animations are root-motion? I haven't tried to toggle on root-motion in UE4 but as of now, in your demo map, if you attack while moving your character would just glide around, because these animations are clearly meant for root-motions.

Overall, I like this animation pack a lot. I would recommend it to anyone keen on developing historical accurate and realistic combat. Keep up the good work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by kwarisover View Post

If I retarget the skeleton to my own, and map your weapon mount socket to a weapon socket under the hand_r bone on my own skeleton, will that work? I mean I already worked out my own equipment system where main hand weapons are wielded with the weapon socket under hand_r bone. Not having your unique weapon_mount bone is gonna cause any problem?
    Not right now. but the update that is on the way will work as it will use both the default bone and the one made for this pack. but as of now the ones for the right hand can not be mirrored so to still use them you will have to have the extra bone.

I will let you know when the update is out witch is coming along a lot faster then originally planned

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have found a way to make the gun socket work correctly. It required me to mod the main rig file, but now I can get it to match the animation correctly. It will take some time, but I should be able to get all the base animations working with it, but as of now none of the mirrored ones work. So I will have both options available
    If I retarget the skeleton to my own, and map your weapon mount socket to a weapon socket under the hand_r bone on my own skeleton, will that work? I mean I already worked out my own equipment system where main hand weapons are wielded with the weapon socket under hand_r bone. Not having your unique weapon_mount bone is gonna cause any problem?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have found a way to make the gun socket work correctly. It required me to mod the main rig file, but now I can get it to match the animation correctly. It will take some time, but I should be able to get all the base animations working with it, but as of now none of the mirrored ones work. So I will have both options available

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by kwarisover View Post
    Just bought the pack. Is there a reason you included the "Intermediate" directory in there alongside Content folder as well? After I added to my project it totally went nuts and tried to reimport everything, as well as wiping my project configuration.
    Thanks for letting me know, that should have been picked up on the review process. I'll updated it with a fixed version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am considering doing a small free sample of this pack to let people see if they have any issues. It will also take some time but I will try to find a way to get the gun bone to work with as many of the animations I can as part of the new set of animations for the pack. May even do ones that work just for the gun bone

Also will be adding 1st person animations to the pack.
    Last edited by infectedfury; 03-12-2018, 09:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    BlackFangTech moving replys over to this page. The use of the weapon bone is actually used in packs made by a few other sellers.

If the skeleton that a buyer is using is identical to the UE4 mannequin they can swap it over for the one in the pack as it is all set up to work with it.

There is also a huge amount of problems using the gun bone. all the rotations work incorrectly, none of the animations can be mirrored.
    And most importantly I would have never been able to make the animations in the 1st place as the weapon joint leads the animation and the IK hands are constrained to the weapon joint, If I use the gun join, all the constraints setup to animate lock up and cannot move the weapon at all.
    My comments were trying to help you by explaining what you needed to change in order for me, and others, to buy your product. There is absolutely no reason the gun bone won't work for this purpose, after all, it is explicitly for this. Since you don't agree, you could have simply animated the gun bone to match your weapon bone, and included both options. Your animations look nice, but frankly speaking, the animations category is full of products that look nice but are totally useless due to technical issues like this. Its the category I purchase from most frequently, so it is very frustrating to me as a buyer that I keep running into issues like this.

I'm appalled by your lack of professionalism. I and others raised this legitimate issue to you, and instead of responding in a dignified matter and making the changes your potential customers want, you sent me a pm asking me to remove my comment.
    Last edited by Jezcentral; 03-26-2018, 07:27 AM. Reason: Please don't publish PMs.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just bought the pack. Is there a reason you included the "Intermediate" directory in there alongside Content folder as well? After I added to my project it totally went nuts and tried to reimport everything, as well as wiping my project configuration.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    simple adding a weapon mount tutorial https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    right now this is ways to do it out of engine via Blender and Maya, will be adding in engine ways as well

Leave a comment:

• replied
    BlackFangTech moving replys over to this page. The use of the weapon bone is actually used in packs made by a few other sellers.

If the skeleton that a buyer is using is identical to the UE4 mannequin they can swap it over for the one in the pack as it is all set up to work with it.

There is also a huge amount of problems using the gun bone. all the rotations work incorrectly, none of the animations can be mirrored.
    And most importantly I would have never been able to make the animations in the 1st place as the weapon joint leads the animation and the IK hands are constrained to the weapon joint, If I use the gun join, all the constraints setup to animate lock up and cannot move the weapon at all.
    Last edited by infectedfury; 03-11-2018, 08:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Pack is now available https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...animation-pack

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks incredible! Looking forward to the release.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Will be submitting very soon. here is the screenshots used for the pack.
    360 animations in the base release

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Getting the pack ready for submission. right now the pack has over 340 animation files in it
    More are planned to be added over time, will be taking requests for what animations will be added after release.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X