Spear Animations pack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by infectedfury View Post
    I have found a way to make the gun socket work correctly. It required me to mod the main rig file, but now I can get it to match the animation correctly. It will take some time, but I should be able to get all the base animations working with it, but as of now none of the mirrored ones work. So I will have both options available
    If I retarget the skeleton to my own, and map your weapon mount socket to a weapon socket under the hand_r bone on my own skeleton, will that work? I mean I already worked out my own equipment system where main hand weapons are wielded with the weapon socket under hand_r bone. Not having your unique weapon_mount bone is gonna cause any problem?

Comment

Originally posted by kwarisover View Post

If I retarget the skeleton to my own, and map your weapon mount socket to a weapon socket under the hand_r bone on my own skeleton, will that work? I mean I already worked out my own equipment system where main hand weapons are wielded with the weapon socket under hand_r bone. Not having your unique weapon_mount bone is gonna cause any problem?
      Not right now. but the update that is on the way will work as it will use both the default bone and the one made for this pack. but as of now the ones for the right hand can not be mirrored so to still use them you will have to have the extra bone.

I will let you know when the update is out witch is coming along a lot faster then originally planned

Comment

Thanks for letting me know, that should have been picked up on the review process. I'll updated it with a fixed version.
        No problem. It did cause some issue, especially with mass reimporting huge amount of assets these days is likely to cause editor crashes.

Apart of that, I like most of your animations. Idles and attacks are well done--anatomically correct and realistic. The various stances are also a nice addition, their transitions smooth. I would like to see more attack animations, perhaps apart from thrusts and jabs (btw those are VERY well done!!) you could also do a few practical swings and parries for weapons like poleaxe. Then you can rename your pack to Spear & Polearm Mega Pack.

Some issues though:
        1. pardon me for pointing this out: but the locomotion (walking/running) animations are just atrocious. They are very robotic, and look funny because the two feet are waaaaay too apart, like a duck. It's nice to have different locomotion for different stances but it seems to me the base walking/running animations you use to blend are simply very low quality. If you want you could look at the movement demonstrated in this slow-mo video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgu16GSBdiE. It would be nice if you can model your locomotion animations based on that.
        2. I noticed none of the animations are root-motion? I haven't tried to toggle on root-motion in UE4 but as of now, in your demo map, if you attack while moving your character would just glide around, because these animations are clearly meant for root-motions.

Overall, I like this animation pack a lot. I would recommend it to anyone keen on developing historical accurate and realistic combat. Keep up the good work!

Comment

The plans for more animations right now are
          - more movement animations. to most of the poses that are more suited to combat rather than normally walking.
          - lunging back and forward
          - attacks while moving
          - more swing attacks at various heights like the other attacks
          - a new resting idle pose
          - hit reactions for each pose
          - throwing attacks

Comment

The plans for more animations right now are
            - more movement animations. to most of the poses that are more suited to combat rather than normally walking.
            - lunging back and forward
            - attacks while moving
            - more swing attacks at various heights like the other attacks
            - a new resting idle pose
            - hit reactions for each pose
            - throwing attacks
            This is great news! Looking forward to them.

Comment

Update with the gun bone for the normal animations has been submitted. There is also some corrections made to a few of the animations

With some modifications to the rig I was able to get the gun bone to animate correctly and all I needed to do was re export all the FBX files instead of going into each animation and manually getting the gun bone to follow that animations correctly. This has saved me a lot of time.

I will let you all know when the update is out.

Comment

The first Update is out. All base animations now use the gun bone as well as the custom bone.The custom bone is still needed for mirrored animations.

There is an issue with a couple of animations where the spear connected to the gun bone is sightly off, they will be fixed next update as well as some new hit reaction animations will be added.

Comment

I checked out the update. Love the new swing animations!

Comment

next update has been submitted, fixed the animations that had the off gunbone. added 20 new hit reaction animations and a throw animation. should be out within the next week

Comment

Appreciate the continuous updates to the content! Keep up the great work!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	212.9 KB
ID:	1555032
                        This is your ik_hand_gun bone in its relative location.

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Size:	304.7 KB
ID:	1555033
                        This is the location of the bone in UE4_Mannequin_Skeleton. Why is the location not the same?

Comment

Just to show it on a the rest pose of the mannequin.

Name:	Capture3.PNG
Size:	285.1 KB
ID:	1555037
                          This is the spear package's ik_hand_gun bone

Name:	Capture4.PNG
Size:	251.6 KB
ID:	1555038
                          This is the default.

Since these bones are different, I would like to say that you should probably remove the text Rigged To Epic Skeleton from your sales.

Because, clearly, this package is NOT RIGGED TO EPIC SKELETON, but to a modified skeleton.

Comment

@Groatse thanks for pointing that out, I thought I fixed it with one of the updates I made. I'll try and get something out to fix it soon
                            Last edited by infectedfury; 11-23-2018, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Could it be because I'm using the 4.19 version? If you've updated it only to the later versions?

Comment

Confused - the pack says it has root motion, but none of the animations have root motion?
                                https://www.casualdistractiongames.com

Comment

Working...
                                X