Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RELEASED] Spear Animations pack

https://unrealengine.com/marketplace...animation-pack

New update out and backup on the marketplace!

OLD POST:
    Working on a new Spear Animation pack.
    pack will contain
    - around 10 key poses that will blend into each other
    - many attack animations per fighting pose
    - 8 directional movement for many of the poses
    - aim spaces for key poses
    - 1st person and 3rd person animations
    - all animations will be mirrored

also plan to ad several spear props, may make a customization spear blueprint

pack is planned to have large amount of animation files when inclining mirrored versions of animations

here is some early screenshots, still need to fix a thing or 2 with existing animations
    Last edited by infectedfury; 06-27-2019, 09:31 PM.

These animations looks very realistic and practical. I've been looking forever for some decent spear animations but so far the ones UE marketplace and Unity Asset Store offer are just absurdly horrid.

Are your animations motion captured? Some of the hand positions in the 2nd and 3rd screenshots look painful. I have to admit that just by looking at them I started to have wrist pain XD. Hopefully you can fix those. Obviously the hands move up and down along the shaft (no pun intended XD) when you operate a spear with both hands. Also I will definitely appreciate if the one-handed animations could have off-hand position ready as if it is holding a shield, as spear+shield is the most common combo in the history of warfare.

Keep up the good work! Very impressed and looking forward to your release!

Comment

Got a large amount of the animations done so far. Sooo many blend between pose animations

@kwarisover The animations are all hand done. The off looking hand have been fixed.
      The 1 handed animations are set up with the free arm in a position to use a shield.

Anyone have any requests for this pack?

Comment

Originally posted by infectedfury View Post
        Got a large amount of the animations done so far. Sooo many blend between pose animations

@kwarisover The animations are all hand done. The off looking hand have been fixed.
        The 1 handed animations are set up with the free arm in a position to use a shield.

Anyone have any requests for this pack?
        Thanks a lot for the reply, man! That's some great news. I'm very much looking forward to your release because contrary to common belief, swords and axes had not been the primary weapon throughout human history, spear (and later other polearms) is. It's a shame you don't get many responses here, as not many visit the WIP section of Epic forums--we generally only check out what are available on the Marketplace. But here are some requests:

1. 1H animations with shield in the offhand, which happens to be the most popular combination ever in any culture around the world. You don't even have to animation moves considering the shield, like bash or block, as we have other packs doing that. Perhaps just a few right hand spear attack animations with proper techniques (conservative offensive moves with the shield guarding the spear hand). Don't have to be anything fancy, as 1 hand is way less flexible than wielding with two hands, so there doesn't have to be a lot of different animations. Perhaps just a thrust from above the shield, one below the shield, one from the side of the shield and maybe 1 or 2 attacks aiming at the lower body from any position.

2. Considering the flexibility of wielding spears with two hands, maybe having some subtle and quick thrusts attacking different parts of the body, like this ones in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZZjtxgUGeU&t=47s I haven't seen your animations in video demonstrations, but judging from the screenshots they look pretty good so far!

3. A few defensive moves (parry, deflect) with the techniques demonstrated in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdVYW9r2G3U&t=120s
        I know the attacks are more about poleaxes, but the defensive moves still make sense in context of spears.

4. Any chance you can make an animation offset when you are idle (you know, with the weapon "sheathed") or marching that looks like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pike_(..._Memmingen.jpg
        While it makes sense that swords can be put into a scabbard, axes and maces can be hung from a belt and shield can be carried on the back. It would make more sense to have large weapons like a spear/pike/poleaxe/halberd/zweihander to be carried this way when relaxed. I don't think you even need to animate the idles and marching, just an animation offset to carry the weapon with their right hand in that position.

Sorry, man. Those are lots of requests, I know. But even if you can do any one of them it would be great. Best of luck!

Comment

Getting the pack ready for submission. right now the pack has over 340 animation files in it
          More are planned to be added over time, will be taking requests for what animations will be added after release.

Comment

Will be submitting very soon. here is the screenshots used for the pack.
            360 animations in the base release

Comment

Looks incredible! Looking forward to the release.

Comment

Pack is now available https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...animation-pack

Comment

BlackFangTech moving replys over to this page. The use of the weapon bone is actually used in packs made by a few other sellers.

If the skeleton that a buyer is using is identical to the UE4 mannequin they can swap it over for the one in the pack as it is all set up to work with it.

There is also a huge amount of problems using the gun bone. all the rotations work incorrectly, none of the animations can be mirrored.
                  And most importantly I would have never been able to make the animations in the 1st place as the weapon joint leads the animation and the IK hands are constrained to the weapon joint, If I use the gun join, all the constraints setup to animate lock up and cannot move the weapon at all.
                  Last edited by infectedfury; 03-11-2018, 08:55 PM.

Comment

simple adding a weapon mount tutorial https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
                    right now this is ways to do it out of engine via Blender and Maya, will be adding in engine ways as well

Comment

Just bought the pack. Is there a reason you included the "Intermediate" directory in there alongside Content folder as well? After I added to my project it totally went nuts and tried to reimport everything, as well as wiping my project configuration.

Comment

Originally posted by infectedfury View Post
                        BlackFangTech moving replys over to this page. The use of the weapon bone is actually used in packs made by a few other sellers.

If the skeleton that a buyer is using is identical to the UE4 mannequin they can swap it over for the one in the pack as it is all set up to work with it.

There is also a huge amount of problems using the gun bone. all the rotations work incorrectly, none of the animations can be mirrored.
                        And most importantly I would have never been able to make the animations in the 1st place as the weapon joint leads the animation and the IK hands are constrained to the weapon joint, If I use the gun join, all the constraints setup to animate lock up and cannot move the weapon at all.
                        My comments were trying to help you by explaining what you needed to change in order for me, and others, to buy your product. There is absolutely no reason the gun bone won't work for this purpose, after all, it is explicitly for this. Since you don't agree, you could have simply animated the gun bone to match your weapon bone, and included both options. Your animations look nice, but frankly speaking, the animations category is full of products that look nice but are totally useless due to technical issues like this. Its the category I purchase from most frequently, so it is very frustrating to me as a buyer that I keep running into issues like this.

I'm appalled by your lack of professionalism. I and others raised this legitimate issue to you, and instead of responding in a dignified matter and making the changes your potential customers want, you sent me a pm asking me to remove my comment.
                        Last edited by Jezcentral; 03-26-2018, 07:27 AM. Reason: Please don't publish PMs.

Check out my discord -> https://discord.gg/kQdVwJ3

Follow us on twitter to get updates on new products and special offers -> https://twitter.com/BlackFangTech

Black Fang Technologies' products -> https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...20Technologies

Comment

I am considering doing a small free sample of this pack to let people see if they have any issues. It will also take some time but I will try to find a way to get the gun bone to work with as many of the animations I can as part of the new set of animations for the pack. May even do ones that work just for the gun bone

Also will be adding 1st person animations to the pack.
                          Last edited by infectedfury; 03-12-2018, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kwarisover View Post
                            Just bought the pack. Is there a reason you included the "Intermediate" directory in there alongside Content folder as well? After I added to my project it totally went nuts and tried to reimport everything, as well as wiping my project configuration.
                            Thanks for letting me know, that should have been picked up on the review process. I'll updated it with a fixed version.

Comment

I have found a way to make the gun socket work correctly. It required me to mod the main rig file, but now I can get it to match the animation correctly. It will take some time, but I should be able to get all the base animations working with it, but as of now none of the mirrored ones work. So I will have both options available

Comment

Working...
                              X