Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marketplace Policy on Copyright and Trademark-Protected Content

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    I have a follow-up question regarding what will happen for buyers if content is removed from the marketplace for any reason. Will buyers of a depublicized package be notified in any way? This would be especially important if the depublication occurs due to suspected copyright infringement. I assume that the content will no longer be available for download via the launcher vault - but does this allow for refunds? Arguably once the content has been downloaded at least once by a buyer, the transaction is complete, but I'm curious how accommodating the marketplace would be to buyers regarding notification and refunds in such cases.
    Broad Strokes | Jan Kaluza | Marketplace Release: 'Over 9000 Swords' Modular Melee Weapon System
    Currently not available for freelance work
    Dev Blog & Tutorials | Twitter

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Kashaar View Post
      I have a follow-up question regarding what will happen for buyers if content is removed from the marketplace for any reason. Will buyers of a depublicized package be notified in any way? This would be especially important if the depublication occurs due to suspected copyright infringement. I assume that the content will no longer be available for download via the launcher vault - but does this allow for refunds? Arguably once the content has been downloaded at least once by a buyer, the transaction is complete, but I'm curious how accommodating the marketplace would be to buyers regarding notification and refunds in such cases.
      I would like to know same thing.
      Already purchased assets should stay for buyers forever to download as vault acts as archive to lot of us.
      tox.chat - Skype alternative
      blender.org - 3D suite

      Comment


        #18
        Hey everyone! At your request (great idea, NilsonLima!) and in order to help clarify some things around copyright and trademark, we'll be hosting a livestream next week covering just that. Please toss your questions over on the forum post ahead of the stream so we can supply you with exactly the information you need.

        Kashaar AE_3DFX - I'll follow up with you on this.

        Comment


          #19
          Amanda.Bott great that you got this addressed this soon. We need to get this past, because it is really giving headaches about my current work on other projects. Big Thank You!
          Nilson Lima
          Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
          Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

          UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
          supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Kashaar View Post
            I have a follow-up question regarding what will happen for buyers if content is removed from the marketplace for any reason. Will buyers of a depublicized package be notified in any way? This would be especially important if the depublication occurs due to suspected copyright infringement. I assume that the content will no longer be available for download via the launcher vault - but does this allow for refunds? Arguably once the content has been downloaded at least once by a buyer, the transaction is complete, but I'm curious how accommodating the marketplace would be to buyers regarding notification and refunds in such cases.
            Originally posted by AE_3DFX View Post

            I would like to know same thing.
            Already purchased assets should stay for buyers forever to download as vault acts as archive to lot of us.
            Since this is a proactive move on Epic's part and we are not aware of actual infringement claims against these items, we will not be contacting buyers if something is removed. However, any asset that is removed will continue to be available for download from the vault for folks that have purchased it. It will not be available for new purchases.

            You can also navigate directly to any asset that has been removed if you have the original URL, but you'll see that it is not available for sale. If you have purchased it at any time, the asset will continue to appear in your vault. Searching for the asset on the marketplace will yield no results.

            Comment


              #21
              I am using mostly some unreal marketplace characters, vehicles and some forest and dungeon assets, so they probably haven't copyright issues

              Comment


                #22
                Happy New Year to all the Epic team and unreal users.
                After reading this post, I found the idea of ​​@Luos more than indispensable, as he mentioned some articles must be provided by Epic so that content creators know how to go about protected content by copyright. I produced a car pack that I could not publish because they were under copyright and I think other content creators have experienced this problem. This is of paramount importance, indeed on the asset store a car without brand or any identifier is perceived as clean, while at Epic it always remains under copyright, it is clear that Epic does not manage in the same way the copyright and therefore must give necessary indications to facilitate the life to the creators of contents. We understand that Epic wants to avoid some copyright problems for buyers, only this policy seems to limit the production of certain products in the marketplace and is not necessarily easy for the sellers / creators of content.

                Not linked: I still do not know how to get a marketplace content creator badge
                https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/modular-city

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Omarito View Post

                  Not linked: I still do not know how to get a marketplace content creator badge
                  I got mine sending e-mail to mp support.
                  Nilson Lima
                  Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                  Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

                  UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                  supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Omarito View Post
                    on the asset store a car without brand or any identifier is perceived as clean, while at Epic it always remains under copyright
                    Amanda.Bott posted this thread: forum post where you can put your questions and read others too. As far as we are currently understanding, the perception for a copyright being violated also resides in the shape/silhouette of the asset, afterall you dont need the Mercedes Benz logo or the car name appearing to realize it is a Mercedes and depending on the details (lock at door, frontal lights, etc) you can assure even the model... and this is what might be caught and told as being copyrighted. It occurs with toys as an example, where you need to license with the copyright owner for that specific design. Please, do add any other question for that post, think ahead and Im sure more doubts will occur.
                    Nilson Lima
                    Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                    Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

                    UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                    supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by Amanda.Bott View Post

                      While the Marketplace team has been heavily focusing on reducing turnaround time in the submission review process, we recognize that policy enforcement should be handled consistently. With wait times in a better place now, we are planning to audit assets that may be in violation of copyright and trademark policy.
                      Seriously? My code plugin is in Approval since 11/21/2017. 33 working days. Nothing's changed. Nothing is better now.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Socke81 View Post

                        Seriously? My code plugin is in Approval since 11/21/2017. 33 working days. Nothing's changed. Nothing is better now.
                        Hey there - I followed up with your pack and it was accidentally marked as a duplicate due to its name being similar to another pack you submitted. The team is fast-tracking your asset and it'll be going into review shortly. Apologies for the mix-up there!

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by Amanda.Bott View Post

                          Hey there - I followed up with your pack and it was accidentally marked as a duplicate due to its name being similar to another pack you submitted. The team is fast-tracking your asset and it'll be going into review shortly. Apologies for the mix-up there!
                          Hi Amanda, can you please tell somebody to also look up #98945 ?

                          We've done the required change 1 week ago and it basically only needs someone to allow us to publish but nobody answers in the email.
                          Artstation
                          Join the support channel
                          Gumroad Store

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Maximum-Dev View Post

                            Hi Amanda, can you please tell somebody to also look up #98945 ?

                            We've done the required change 1 week ago and it basically only needs someone to allow us to publish but nobody answers in the email.
                            It's still in final review, but should be completed within the estimated time you were given.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by Amanda.Bott View Post

                              Hey there - I followed up with your pack and it was accidentally marked as a duplicate due to its name being similar to another pack you submitted. The team is fast-tracking your asset and it'll be going into review shortly. Apologies for the mix-up there!
                              Thank you very much.
                              So it was a mistake? Will the promised 10-15 working days be met now?
                              That was my fifth plugin and I always had to wait about 2 months.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by Socke81 View Post

                                Thank you very much.
                                So it was a mistake? Will the promised 10-15 working days be met now?
                                That was my fifth plugin and I always had to wait about 2 months.
                                Happy to help! Barring any unforeseen circumstances, your asset should be ready in 10-15 days.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X