MegaHair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[WIP] MegaHair

Hair, Hair everywhere! No need to model hair for your character anymore. Do you have a character creator? Now you can add as many hairstyles as your imagination can produce!

More detais soon!
    Nilson Lima
    Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
    Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
    supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Are you going to work together with character creator - creators in order to streamline the process of integrating hairs into character creators?

Comment

Static hair or nvidia hairworks?

Comment

Im considering everyone is just using the available character creators as a start point and most will greatly modify (meshes, interface, etc). The system will need that each mesh has the area to receive hair painted as is done with the cloth solver nowadays (through a editor extension), so it is possible to paint not only the scalp, but also facial hair and will be possible to give growth weight for different hair areas. Even thou, the model has a beard painted area, that does not mean a hair concept has a beard included, this way you can have not only different hair styles but also a complete looking set, but Im going too far giving details now. Bear with me little more, until we can show this wip in more detail.

From the experience from Cloudscape Seasons, this time I will make sure a complete demo is given in advance to show all the capabilities and a video with step-by-step usage, staring from the mesh import and moving.

It is not my intention to work with any other character creator's creators for now and Im not myself preparing a similar asset for the future.

My product's ideas come from what is by now the most difficult types of assets to produce, because right now in our game development schedule we have all the time in the world for this.
        Nilson Lima

Comment

Originally posted by weares View Post
          Static hair or nvidia hairworks?
          Quality of Nvidia Hairworks, with physics, so not static, it is my own implementation targeting quality and performance.
          Nilson Lima

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

Quality of Nvidia Hairworks, with physics, so not static, it is my own implementation targeting quality and performance.
            I'd be wary of promising the moon if I were you. I'll reserve judgment until you present a finished product.

WIP Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post

I'd be wary of promising the moon if I were you. I'll reserve judgment until you present a finished product.
              You know man, one thing that makes me really sad is seeing hard to use tools, or hard to integrate ones... I would release it the hard way, but I think people deserves a chance to worry about other things when developing a game... it is like movies where you can have a lot of special effects, but if there is no story, its a failure... most of the unsuccessful indie projects were also because of this, so I hope to bring this in great shape for all audiences, being long time professionals as for newbie developers aswell.

Cheers!
              Nilson Lima

Comment

Any news on this project? Is it definitely death?

Comment

Breikdans Not dead, but postponed while I finish and release other projects and there are some advancements on the patent I requested for it, which takes time at my country and it is also costs a lot.
                  Nilson Lima

Comment

This sounds interesting. Can you show a WIP video of what you have so far? Definitely a good way to get people interested
                    --------------------------------------------------------
                    [New On Marketplace] Custom Character Creator
                    [Marketplace]Multiplayer Melee Combat System - Animated Crossbow

Comment

Working...
                    X