No announcement yet.

FPS Game Starter Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello. I have a quick question this time.

I raised the health value of the character from 1.0 to 100, and now the health bar isn't displaying the health correctly. How should I fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyDuck12 View Post
      Hello. I have a quick question this time.

I raised the health value of the character from 1.0 to 100, and now the health bar isn't displaying the health correctly. How should I fix this?
      In the PlayerHUD widget you can get health, divide it by 100 (or other custom number that you set), then connect it into the output.
      FPS Game Starter Kit
      Retro Game Starter Kit
      Quiz Game Starter Kit
      Twin Stick Game Starter Kit

Comment

Amazing KIT ... special for me!!! because I am a designer and in programming, I'm a BIG zero .. but I'm learning slow slow hahahah in tutorials in youtube!!
        I know this does not plug and play but is easier like this with my programming skills

C​​​​​ontinue the amazing work SB1985 ))))))))

Comment

The grenade will not destroy Apex destructible(DM). Any way to make it happen?

Comment

Originally posted by vaskoreis2018 View Post
            Amazing KIT ... special for me!!! because I am a designer and in programming, I'm a BIG zero .. but I'm learning slow slow hahahah in tutorials in youtube!!
            I know this does not plug and play but is easier like this with my programming skills

C​​​​​ontinue the amazing work SB1985 ))))))))
            Thank you, I'm glad you like it
            Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
            The grenade will not destroy Apex destructible(DM). Any way to make it happen?
            (Answered on Discord) In the grenade blueprint you can increase the damage and radius of the explosion that it spawns.
            FPS Game Starter Kit
            Retro Game Starter Kit
            Quiz Game Starter Kit

Comment

Hello. Sorry if I've missed this somewhere, but is there a way I can make characters start with certain weapons?

I've reached the point in my project where I need certain characters to spawn with things (like in Team Fortress 2) or my game will be too clunky.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyDuck12 View Post
                Hello. Sorry if I've missed this somewhere, but is there a way I can make characters start with certain weapons?

I've reached the point in my project where I need certain characters to spawn with things (like in Team Fortress 2) or my game will be too clunky.
                Hi, check out this tutorial on the website https://sb1985.com/other-2/weapons/h...e-save-system/
                FPS Game Starter Kit
                Retro Game Starter Kit
                Quiz Game Starter Kit

Comment

Originally posted by SB1985 View Post

Hi, check out this tutorial on the website https://sb1985.com/other-2/weapons/h...e-save-system/
                  Thank you, this works perfectly!

I don't feel like I've said thank you nearly enough BTW. Especially for all the extra support

Comment

No problem have fun!
                    FPS Game Starter Kit
                    Retro Game Starter Kit
                    Quiz Game Starter Kit

Comment

Hi, how can I make the same items in the inventory be added to their own type and the number of items is displayed in the cell? Because when I take several identical items in the inventory, duplicates are created and sorted like a list. PS, Sorry, maybe I didn't put it right, I have bad English.

Comment

Hi, all items get listed inside the inventory widget, item stacking for duplicates is on my to do list for a future update. In the meantime, you can change the appearance and behavior logic of it in Content/FPS_Game/Blueprints/Inventory/ everything related to it is inside that folder.
                        FPS Game Starter Kit
                        Retro Game Starter Kit
                        Quiz Game Starter Kit

Comment

Ok, Thanks. When is the next update?

Comment

Soon, no specific time frame, but it's about 85% done.
                            FPS Game Starter Kit
                            Retro Game Starter Kit
                            Quiz Game Starter Kit

Comment

Update 13 (version 2.3) released:

Added: Melee weapon locomotion
                              Added: Legs mesh to the character
                              Added: Minimap
                              Added: Exposed custom montages for enemy child classes
                              Added: Weapon base can now use custom duration for delay until fully reloaded (by default it still reads it from the FPP reload montage)
                              Added: Black Outline Shader for post-process effect (Borderlands style)
                              Added: On death, character actor now gets destroyed (instead of teleporting back to player start or checkpoint)
                              Added: Checkbox to use the save system on character begin play
                              Added: Checkbox to use the FOV modifier in the character tweaks function on begin play (some people expressed that they liked the old way better, so I added it back and that checkbox to switch between the two different FOV logic)
                              Added: Checkbox to save game on death
                              Added: Checkbox to remove money as penalty for dying
                              Added: Checkbox to Drop last equipped weapon on death
                              Added: TDM and co-op now included by default in multiplayer (more game modes will be added in the future or posted on the website and/or discord)
                              Added: Chat system to multiplayer
                              Added: Character selection to multiplayer
                              Added: Kill feed to multiplayer
                              Added: K/D ratio to multiplayer
                              Added: Hit indicator to multiplayer
                              Added: Headshot effect from singleplayer into multiplayer
                              Added: Weapons can now be picked up by pressing E in multiplayer (weapon factories are still there)
                              Added: Grenades to multiplayer
                              Added: Interaction to multiplayer
                              Added: Seller to multiplayer
                              Added: Improved kick player
                              Added: Moving platform for multiplayer
                              Changed: HUD appearance a little
                              Changed: Inventory appearance a little
                              Changed: Testing maps to showcase some of the new feature
                              Last edited by SB1985; 09-27-2020, 05:39 PM.
                              FPS Game Starter Kit
                              Retro Game Starter Kit
                              Quiz Game Starter Kit

Comment

Working...
                              X