No announcement yet.

FPS Game Starter Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello! I just bought your FPS kit, and right out of the box this thing is the perfect addition to my FPS RPG hybrid thing.

I just had one question: How would I let vending machines sell permanent stat boosts/Perks like from Call of Duty Zombies.

In case you're unfamiliar, the Perks from CODZ give special abilities to the characters. From increasing the player's fire rate, reload speed and move speed to increasing their health or accuracy. I assume I'd need to make an object that'll change the stats within my characters on purchase. Maybe some bools to tell the game that these skills are activated?

Comment

Also, I think I may have found a bug? It appears I can't buy anything out of a vending machine unless I have more than the required amount. Like, if something costs $10, and I have $10, I'm still told that I don't have enough.

The vending machine will still only take $10, but I can't buy it if I only have $10 on the player character.

Comment

Nice it really is cool, but you could add it some breathing?
        Some cool unreal projects you may like!

Developer of GOTA - Survivalism Gladiatorial game Buy the game google gladiators of the arena steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/7..._Of_The_Arena/

Download the demo Download the demo
        external link Dropbox DropBox

Become a c++ Professional now C++ Networking Tutorial

Comment

Hi! Did u change additional bp with update? I dont need update, to much to edit, but i just download glider and cant even open it bp (4.22-4.24)- (appears invalid parent class) and boss fight has errors

Comment

@LuckyDuck12 Correct, you can create a custom event on the character that does it and use a timer to stop it, to change weapon stats on the fly check the free weapon customization widget from the website. As for the money, open BP_CharacterBase and in the check for money function change the > to >= where it compares current money int.

@Neongho Thanks, I'm glad you like it! Breathing is currently not planned, however I did see somebody on discord implement it, so it's definitely doable.

@Abzolver You need to extract them with the same path as it is in the zip file, otherwise it can't make use of any references that it might need. If you renamed the core files try it on a new created project.
            Last edited by SB1985; 02-12-2020, 01:46 PM.
            FPS Game Starter Kit
            Retro Game Starter Kit
            Quiz Game Starter Kit
            Twin Stick Game Starter Kit

Comment

Using 4.24.2 version. Created an apex destructible. Shooting with your fps. It breaks after a lot of shooting. Is there anyway to destroy with one shot? What BP do I modify. Chance the power. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
                Using 4.24.2 version. Created an apex destructible. Shooting with your fps. It breaks after a lot of shooting. Is there anyway to destroy with one shot? What BP do I modify. Chance the power. Thanks.
                Hi, you don't have to modify any blueprint from FPS Game Starter Kit in order to one-shot a destructible mesh. You can tweak its values in the destructible mesh that you created. Additionally check the thickness of it when placed in the level. For more info you can check out this video from Epic Games about destructible meshes. Cheers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dm.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	207.4 KB
ID:	1720864
                FPS Game Starter Kit
                Retro Game Starter Kit
                Quiz Game Starter Kit

Comment

I had one more question: How would I make a Heal/Hurt gun?

A gun that would

1.) shoot the enemy (and hurt them)

2.) shoot a beam that target a character of your choosing, including your self and heal them.

Edit: Also, I feel like I should mention that none of my vending machines work anymore. I didn't implement the fix you told me to above (I was focused on other stuff for my game), I actually didn't touch the machine code at all, so I don't know why it suddenly won't work.

Whenever I try to buy something, it tells me I don't have enough. Even if I have way more than the required amount. I'll try to fix it myself, but I'd appreciate some help there too.
                  Last edited by LuckyDuck12; 02-25-2020, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Hi, such a weapon example isn't planned, as it's a primarily singleplayer focused template, if however I make a free healing weapon example, it would give back some of the health based on damage of the projectile that it fires. As for the vending machine, a hotfix should go live soon that changes that integer check from > to >=

Hotfix 2.1.0.2:

Singleplayer:
                    -Fixed the money check function from > to >= on the BP_CharacterBase

Multiplayer:
                    -Optimized set max walk speed change on Replicated_Character
                    FPS Game Starter Kit
                    Retro Game Starter Kit
                    Quiz Game Starter Kit

Comment

Working...
                    X