FREE: Web UI (HTML/CSS/JS Interface)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Such an amazing plugin! Thanks for this!

Is this topic an appropriate place to ask any questions related to this plugin?

However I will ask, if you consider that it's unnapropriate please tell me, I'll remove this comment.

So my questions are.

I have this WebUI Set up as written down in documentation.
    Then I have 4 separate levels, and 4 different gamemodes respectively.
    The HUD set for this game modes are the WebUI Hud for each of them
    I share data between this levels using GameInstance class.

The problem is that the UI is reloaded again each time a OpenLevel is called.

1.) How I can make the WebUI persistent across all levels, without stream levels if possible

2.) Is it possible to remove the loader in the beginning?

3.) Is it possible to set game and UI input mode and the event propagation from the UI to only trigger on actual elements and not on transparent canvas.
    So when I will set some buttons on the bottom using fullscreen webui, my player controller inputs should also work
    Last edited by One.xi; 02-22-2019, 04:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jiyko View Post
    Great plugin! I know Epic have a backlogged bug regarding custom cursors causing duplicate pointers when using the web browser.
    Any idea for a work around?
    Sorry for the late reply I don't check the forums very often. I haven't tested custom cursors so I'm not aware of any cursor issues with the web browser. But I will definitely keep it in mind and let you know if I notice any problems or come across a solution.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great plugin! I know Epic have a backlogged bug regarding custom cursors causing duplicate pointers when using the web browser.
    Any idea for a work around?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is great, thanks for providing it.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic FREE: Web UI (HTML/CSS/JS Interface)

FREE: Web UI (HTML/CSS/JS Interface)

(scroll down if you get a 404 error)

The WebUI plugin allows developers to create rich web-based user interfaces using blueprints. It's powered by the native UnrealCEFSubProcess built into the engine and includes support for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android (4.19+) and iOS (4.21+). This plugin also includes a robust JSON library that provides integrated management of objects, arrays, and primitive data types. It comes with an example project that demonstrates a startup map with a volume slider and FPS counter. This plugin includes multiplayer support by removing the CEF in dedicated server builds without changing any blueprint classes.

*NEW* (MAY 2020) SUPPORT FOR 3D WIDGETS WITH PASSTHROUGH TRANSPARENCY!

You must have a GitHub account linked to your Epic Games account! Otherwise you will receive the following 404 error if you are not signed in with a linked account.

Setup Instructions: unrealengine.com/ue4-on-github

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I use this plugin for off-screen compositing?

Yes, there's a couple options depending on what functionality you require. The internal rendering of the WebInterface widget can't be accessed in blueprints so there isn't an easy way to directly reference a texture. However you can use a URetainerBox to apply a post process material using a texture parameter or add a UWidgetComponent to your blueprint which renders the widget to a render target texture.

Can I put the interface on 3D objects in the world?

Yes, if you use a URetainerBox it provides a texture parameter to an effect material which you can reference at runtime using GetEffectMaterial. This dynamic material instance can be applied to a UMeshComponent using SetMaterial. Another option is to use a UWidgetComponent as a wrapper because essentially it's only purpose is to provide access to a render target texture. If the component isn't visible you can still use the GetRenderTarget function to obtain a Texture2D reference. These textures can also be applied to a UMeshComponent using CreateDynamicMaterialInstance and SetTextureParameterValue.

Are there any third-party dependencies in this plugin?

No, the Web UI plugin does not have any third-party dependencies at this time. It uses the native UnrealCEFSubProcess built into the engine which runs on the Chromium Embedded Framework. This is already included for Windows and Mac with all versions of UE4 since 4.8 and 4.15 added Linux support. While the plugin is not provided for versions below 4.16 it can still be manually compiled for lower versions of the engine. Please check our documentation PDF for instructions on how to compile this plugin for versions 4.15 and below.
    Last edited by spidershift; 12-04-2020, 08:46 AM.
Working...
X