Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marketplace products license question

Which option do you think is best?

Pay 50 $ for a product and have it per-tittle?
    Pay 300 $ or more and have it for life?
    Or have both type of licenses, allowing you to choose what you want or need?

By the way, this is not because of my Ledge Climbing system. My system is made with Blueprint and there is no way I can control what a buyer would do with it.
    I am just debating with you guys about how we all prefer thing to be.
    So, please vote on the Poll.
    Pay 50 $ for a product and have it per-tittle?
    8.33%
    Pay 300 $ or more and have it for life?
    20.83%
    Or have both type of licenses, allowing you to choose what you want or need?
    70.83%
    Last edited by Alex3d; 08-18-2014, 07:09 AM.
    BASIC version can also be bought on Marketplace.
    PRO version can be bought on my site only.
    www.3dalex.com

None of the above.

I vote for the system currently in the works by Epic.
    Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Originally posted by DotCam View Post

None of the above.

I am with DotCam.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
        I am with DotCam.
        I agree with you both.

Comment

Originally posted by LHutz View Post
          I agree with you both.
          You guys are right

Comment

Originally posted by DotCam View Post

None of the above.

The system currently in the works by Epic is one of the above, to be exact it is "Pay 300 $ or more and have it for life?". Of course the prices are examples.

greetings,
            FTC
            Adventure Kit: UDK / UE4
            Buy the Kit: Marketplace
            Scan FX: Marketplace
            www.freetimestudio.net
            [Youtube][Twitter][Facebook]

Comment

I don't like that "per-title" vibe. Extremely artificial way to crank up salary imho :/
              SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
              Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

what you really need to worry about alex3d isnt epics system but how much you will charge for the ledge climbing system compared to how much ftc will charge for his adventure kit which i believe also includes ledge climbing...you cant charge as much or more as what he does or you probably won't sell any so as frankiev says its really a waiting game to see what happens and try to work out how much you will charge compared to a product that does what yours does but alot more as well.......as for the poll I agree with epics planned implementation of the marketplace
                https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.CrazyRagdoll
                https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sm.zombieultra
                https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sm.cubecrawler
                https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pspasm.turrets

Comment

If you guys agree on the Epic way, then vote on "Pay 300 $ or more and have it for life?"

WarpSpasm, I am not worry about my Ledge System. It is all Blueprint. After selling it, there is not way for me to prevent anyone to modify,copy and use it forever, because it is code and it open to anyone to see. It is not like they are dlls. And I also make models, textures and animations.
                  I am just debating with you guys about how we all prefer thing to be. But I guess, you all prefer Epic's way. But no one is voting on the poll.

Also, I live in a country that people like to explores you, and if you let them, they will make you work for free all the time. And this is more or less what I am seeing here, and I don't like it!
                  I believe in fair prices, for buyer and also for the seller.

My opinion is that we(anyone that sells here) should keep the prices low with a per-tittle license, and having a higher price with per life license,that wouldn't be to much higher as well. This would help both kind of buyers, because there are buyers that need just for one tittle as well.
                  Last edited by Alex3d; 08-18-2014, 06:29 AM.
                  www.3dalex.com

Comment

Originally posted by Alex3d View Post
                    If you guys agree on the Epic way, then vote on "Pay 300 $ or more and have it for life?"
                    No. I like the simplicity of Epics license and want it, but do not want to pay 6 times more compared to a hypothetical per title license. And I'm pretty sure I won't have to.

I believe in fair prices, for buyer and also for the seller.
                    A free market price is always fair for both buyer and seller.
                    Last edited by HavocX; 08-18-2014, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HavocX View Post
                      No. I like the simplicity of Epics license and want it, but do not want to pay 6 times more compared to a hypothetical per title license. And I'm pretty sure I won't have to.
                      Sure, who doesn't like to pay the price of a per-tittle product and have it for life.
                      www.3dalex.com

Comment

It is all Blueprint..
                        You will probably sell more being just blueprint, include a good tutorial level with it and you have a potential buyer in every subscriber from beginner to advanced...I think the thing to remember when feeling that a company could buy it cheap and use it forever is that most companies would just make it...dont stress yourself out by worrying about what is out of your control(epics business model for market)...however what is in your control is to estimate your market by looking at no of viewers on streams and any other data you can get to make informed choices on how you can best market and get the return you want
                        https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.CrazyRagdoll
                        https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sm.zombieultra
                        https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sm.cubecrawler
                        https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pspasm.turrets

Comment

Despite the fact that the named prices are meant as examples

Originally posted by Marketplace FAQ
                          We recommend you consider the following when setting price:
                          • Items sold once are licensed to a buyer (an individual or company) for lifetime use in building and shipping an unlimited number of products, and the buyer may share the items with the buyer’s employees and contractors for the sole purpose of contributing to those products.
                          • You are responsible for supporting your item and maintaining future compatibility.
                          Of course the price will be substationally higher if you have to take these requirements into account. You also have to price your item in a way that supports updating it on a monthly basis for years to come. So while you won't see the price being 6 times higher it probably will be anyway.

A free market price is always fair for both buyer and seller.
                          I hear that works great for cable providers, such as comcast
                          (sorry, I just couldn't supress this witty remark )
                          Adventure Kit: UDK / UE4
                          Buy the Kit: Marketplace
                          Scan FX: Marketplace
                          www.freetimestudio.net
                          [Youtube][Twitter][Facebook]

Comment

None of the above.
                            Thanks Epic!

Comment

Man, I am not worry about my Level Climbing system. I was going to released for free. But I had to change my mind about this, because my wife got fired, and is not easy to find another job here at the moment. And bills are coming too fast, and any extra money that comes in, helps. That is the only reason because I will be selling my system. It is not released yet, because I am working on the tutorial explaining how to change or customize the animations.

Again, this is not about my LC System. Any license type, won't make any difference for it, because someone can buy it, and use it forever. It is an openned visual code. This is about the markeplace in general. This is my view of how it should be! And, as part of this community, I like to participate and give my opinion. I few people will agree with me, other won't. That is why we are giving our opinion. I am sure Epic will make the best decision for the community. I just don't understand why Epic does not use the poll feature more. Instead of just making decisions like that, just ask the community what we prefer.
                              Last edited by Alex3d; 08-18-2014, 08:29 AM.
                              www.3dalex.com

Comment

Working...
                              X